Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Why would they even schedule a post for the single holiday Americans get?
    Probably because there is a world outside the US? I know that's difficult for Americans to understand, but not every country cares about your independence day. Yay you tossed tea into water, you can now be free from british governance.

If Blizzard had to stop working all over the world just because there was a national holiday somewhere, we would not have WoW..

Quote Originally Posted by 8bithamster View Post
    Probably because there is a world outside the US? I know that's difficult for Americans to understand, but not every country cares about your independence day. Yay you tossed tea into water, you can now be free from british governance.

If Blizzard had to stop working all over the world just because there was a national holiday somewhere, we would not have WoW..
    I am sure maintenance crews will keep working or at least specific shifts will. The majority are probably out of office that day though. Sure you can time an announcement to release on its own but you still want to be there to respond if needed.

I am not American. Thank God.

Blizzard is.

1+ Year Old Account
    It’s simple, we kill the Batman.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    I am not American. Thank God.

Blizzard is.
    How come people forget this

It's also why you can expect nothing on Thanksgiving

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Forum Man View Post
    How come people forget this

It's also why you can expect nothing on Thanksgiving
    I don't think we should expect servers to be up today, but again, a forums post announcing the invites for this week aswell as a Dracthyr preview could have been prepared in advance.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    I don't think we should expect servers to be up today, but again, a forums post announcing the invites for this week aswell as a Dracthyr preview could have been prepared in advance.
    I will happily stop this back and forth in its tracks. This happened on Veteran’s Day, November 11, 2021 last year. https://www.wowhead.com/news/shadowl...-324822?page=2

Consume whatever thoughts you will from this.

Ignoring the fact that the ones who could quickly address questions are going to be gone today there is another reason not to do anything.

It's a holiday so people have other things taking their attention meaning the announcement will have less impact

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Forum Man View Post
    Ignoring the fact that the ones who could quickly address questions are going to be gone today there is another reason not to do anything.

It's a holiday so people have other things taking their attention meaning the announcement will have less impact
    First, they don't have to answer any questions today. Second, what?! Even on a holiday people have time to consume news about their hobbies. What a weird thinking.

Especially if it's a holiday only for America, who cares?

#TEAMGIRAFFE

First, they don't have to answer any questions today. Second, what?! Even on a holiday people have time to consume news about their hobbies. What a weird thinking.

Especially if it's a holiday only for America, who cares?
    The developers and their families do. I don’t know why you continue to not understand that Blizzard is a US company and their employees are US citizens who observe US holidays.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marcellus1986 View Post
    The developers and their families do. I don’t know why you continue to not understand that Blizzard is a US company and their employees are US citizens who observe US holidays.
    Hence you can prepare a news post to go live in advance. And they also have EU stuff that can fix things if the post is broken for any reason lol. And @Catastrophy349 already posted another case of news released on an american "holiday".

Anyways, it doesn't matter in the end. I don't expect the servers to be up today anyways.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

1+ Year Old Account
    Comparing Veteran’s Day to Independence Day are different, sure. However, they’ve already set precedent that a “holiday” doesn’t mean anything. Also, the 9.2 reveal was just a pre-recorded video. I really feel like some people are missing the punchline and it’s going right over their heads.

By the same token, an American company is going to give their employees an American federal holiday off no matter how much that makes a guy in France get his panties in a bunch. Same way I'd expect a company headquartered in Brazil to take Brazilian holidays off.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    We already had this kind of thing in MoP. You had Felguard and lots of imps. Not sure what's appealing with imp only, when for example Dreadstalkers offer AoE, and all demons count for Demonic Consumption, the bigger ones the better. Wonder if new talents will finally get rid o DeCon domination. Or rather, you will take it, but you will also be able to pick other options.
    I just really like the thematic of only having a ton of imps and no other demons, mop was the last time I played lock any real degree and with the changes to be more focused on many demons instead of meta id love for it to be similar and just be all imps all the time.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Lmao imagine the Imp mother being sucked in too.
    Ya make the visual scale if she’s up or not so if you blow up a imp mother it’s a huge effect!
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marcellus1986 View Post
    Exactly. Think if Blizzard was European and they had a holiday there would be all this moaning? Of course not. Funny how people can get away with nation bashing when the nation their addiction comes from is the one they're bashing. I thank god I live in the US personally.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by boyzma View Post
    Exactly. Think if Blizzard was European and they had a holiday there would be all this moaning? Of course not. Funny how people can get away with nation bashing when the nation their addiction comes from is the one they're bashing. I thank god I live in the US personally.
    What the hell, no one denies devs free day man xD. We just speculate if Blizzard could post some automated post with Alpha confirmation for this week today, since last time they did it on Monday.

Was that Monday a US federal holiday?

They're almost certainly not going to drop news about the alpha, or anything, on a holiday where their dev team and most of the staff are at home with their families enjoying some barbeque and watching parades and fireworks. No one wants to have to be the guy to call people during a holiday, no one's going to have their phone on, and it already sucks for the skeleton CS staff who are stuck having cupcakes in their cubicles.

Holinka is in Rome per his Twitter lol.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by manypillars View Post
    Was that Monday a US federal holiday?

They're almost certainly not going to drop news about the alpha, or anything, on a holiday where their dev team and most of the staff are at home with their families enjoying some barbeque and watching parades and fireworks. No one wants to have to be the guy to call people during a holiday, no one's going to have their phone on, and it already sucks for the skeleton CS staff who are stuck having cupcakes in their cubicles.
    This thread today is really bizzare. Does Blizzard PC that would send post also enjoy barbeque, parades and fireworks?

Ok, I'm done with this topic. Especially since we are talking only about possibility. Alpha could be even another week.
    Last edited by Dracullus; 2022-07-04 at 02:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by manypillars View Post
    By the same token, an American company is going to give their employees an American federal holiday off no matter how much that makes a guy in France get his panties in a bunch. Same way I'd expect a company headquartered in Brazil to take Brazilian holidays off.
    yea.. that's not how a multinational company works.

Your office gets the day of whenever your country has a day off. Not whenever the headquarters has a day off. That's not how employment works.. at all.

Your logic:

France has (for example) April 5th day off. (just a random date)

Blizzard decides: "No bruh! you don't get a day off. Screw you, only with US holidays!"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by boyzma View Post
    You do realise there are european blizzard offices as well right? That get their own days off, and nobody cares. Nor does anyone care about the US except americans who go. "THE WHOLE WORLD IS SHUT DOWN! ITS INDEPENDANCE DAY OMG FIREWORKS PEWPEW BBQ!"