The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    Also, no one's talking about the Black Panther 2 leaks about the Atlantis characters?

Namora:
    https://twitter.com/bpanthernews/sta...20112913154048

Namor:
    https://twitter.com/NamorNews/status...99079232524288
    Not sure how I feel about Namor, on one hand I like the Aztec look for Alantas, on the other he doesn’t look like nearly as much of a raging ass hole that I expect out of Namor, though a good performance could change that.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    Not sure how I feel about Namor, on one hand I like the Aztec look for Alantas, on the other he doesn’t look like nearly as much of a raging ass hole that I expect out of Namor, though a good performance could change that.
    Funny, I think he looks like the perfect asshole. Also, he got the foot wings so it seems like he will be our first real mutant in the MCU (since Ursa didn't used his bearform). It's also interesting that they changed Namora to look like from Earth-421, prolly to make Namor more unique.

Here are his wings and jaguar helmet:
    https://twitter.com/NamorNews/status...35245587644418

#TEAMGIRAFFE

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    What are u babbling about, it was you who said you were fine with it, why are u turning the question around for?
    Because you're not being honest about this. You know why it's funny, you're just choosing to play at being angry instead.

Oh, it's 4th july, are u drunk, Endus?
    Why the hell would I care about the 4th of July? I got over my hangover two days ago.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    Funny, I think he looks like the perfect asshole. Also, he got the foot wings so it seems like he will be our first real mutant in the MCU (since Ursa didn't used his bearform). It's also interesting that they changed Namora to look like from Earth-421, prolly to make Namor more unique.

Here are his wings and jaguar helmet:
    https://twitter.com/NamorNews/status...35245587644418
    Mabye it’s the facial hair for me as I always think Namor looks less of an asshole with facial hair, hopefully they will let him ham up his imperiousness to match comic Namor, A nice Hamy performance would likely complete the package.

That’s also a wondrous head dress, the whole outfit and pose makes him look like he’s in a injustice esc fighting game which I love.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

1+ Year Old Account
    Wh.. why so many feathers for an underwater nation?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Izthak View Post
    The ones on his feet are a mutation. For everything else I think they took inspiration from lion fishs?

#TEAMGIRAFFE

7+ Year Old Account
    I’m on my phone so it could just be the small screen and lesser quality but it looks like sea weed to me and the white bits could be fish scales?

Namora Definitely looks like she has those steaming fish fins on her headress.

Looks ridiculous.

7+ Year Old Account
    Namor King of the Aztec

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    Namor King of the Aztec
    Yea really, wtf?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Yea really, wtf?
    MCU's Namor is Central American.

Why is this a problem?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    MCU's Namor is Central American.

Why is this a problem?
    I was under the impression he was underwater

10+ Year Old Account
    I was under the impression he was underwater
    Even in the comics, he's only half-Atlantean. Atlanteans have blue skin, he doesn't; he gets that from his dad.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    "He doesn't look exactly how I want him to look! REEEEEE!!!!!"

That's it. Its basically irrelevant, but people need their things to bitch over.
    I thought it was an interesting aesthetic choice. I do hope they keep the Atlantis theme as it is a key element of the character. I’ve not read a thing about the movie, though I’m more interested in how they’re doing this without Bosemon than anything.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    "He doesn't look exactly how I want him to look! REEEEEE!!!!!"

That's it. Its basically irrelevant, but people need their things to bitch over.
    And like, when you read about Marvel's Atlantis....it clearly takes inspiration from cultures from every corner of the globe.

Also, Namor being "white" in the comics makes him a minority in Atlantis. "Real" Atlanteans are blue.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Even in the comics, he's only half-Atlantean. Atlanteans have blue skin, he doesn't; he gets that from his dad.
    I don't think people are complaining about what he look, but his cloth, he look like an azteca guy with feathers and gold, straight up from Zandalari, didn't give me any atlantean vibe.

I don't think people are complaining about what he look, but his cloth, he look like an azteca guy with feathers and gold, straight up from Zandalari, didn't give me any atlantean vibe.
    What is "an atlantean vibe"?
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

1+ Year Old Account
    Don't bother. Those people are just looking for something to white knight, as always. Even when no one's fucking arguing about what they're trying to claim they're arguing about.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post
    What is "an atlantean vibe"?
    Try asking Plato. He gave a pretty good fucking description once upon a time.

Try asking Plato. He gave a pretty good fucking description once upon a time.
    And has Marvel EVER stuck to that description in the comics?

1+ Year Old Account
    You asked a stupid question, you got an answer. "But it's not the answer I WANTED, whaa!"