1+ Year Old Account
    Something that really bothers me about people talking smack on the “number of features” in Dragonflight: it’s no different than TBC or Wrath (two expansions people go nuts over). Think about it, what did we get (feature wise) from those expansions that is less or more than Dragonflight? I think the problem is people are/were expecting “more” because of Legion/BFA/SL BUT think about how many systems there were (and people hated it). So, I don’t know. It’s funny.

I’m other news, can’t wait for Alpha/DF news!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Catastrophy349 View Post
    Something that really bothers me about people talking smack on the “number of features” in Dragonflight: it’s no different than TBC or Wrath (two expansions people go nuts over). Think about it, what did we get (feature wise) from those expansions that is less or more than Dragonflight? I think the problem is people are/were expecting “more” because of Legion/BFA/SL BUT think about how many systems there were (and people hated it). So, I don’t know. It’s funny.

I’m other news, can’t wait for Alpha/DF news!
    Correction. BC/WotLK had much less activities, compared to DF. No M+, less BGs and Arenas, less Raid diffs, no pet battles, no Brawler Club, less or no achievements, no transmogs to farm etc. But it was still more than in previous xpac, so peeps were perfectly fine. And ye, features like Torg, Isles and War Fronts were panned, but I guess peeps are just looking at in in a numerical way, and say that the number o features is smaller than in SL, so therefore DF is bad.
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2022-07-04 at 05:54 PM.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Correction. BC/WotLK had much less activities, compared to DF. No M+, less BGs and Arenas, less Raid diffs, no pet battles, no Brawler Club, less or no achievements, no transmogs to farm etc. But it was still more than in previous xpac, so peeps were perfectly fine. And ye, features like Torg, Isles and War Fronts were panned, but I guess peeps are just looking at in in a numerical way, and say that the number o features is smaller than in SL, so therefore DF is bad.
    By this cumulative logic, you're admitting Dragonflight could have had NO new features & you, specifically, would still use this excuse to say "Dragonflight has the most features ever of any expansion"

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    By this cumulative logic, you're admitting Dragonflight could have had NO new features & you, specifically, would still use this excuse to say "Dragonflight has the most features ever of any expansion"
    No. Not sure how your brilliant head came to this conclusion. Did I trigger your "where are borrowed powers and Torghast" thingy?
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

People say "Oh, I don't want systems that I need to for combat reasons and I don't mind them when they are cosmetic only", yet who honestly did Torghast in 9.2 when it was entirely cosmetic only? The people bitching probably didn't.

I don't mind having no "systems", I really don't, but I think the playerbase is gonna be in for a wake up call.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    People say "Oh, I don't want systems that I need to for combat reasons and I don't mind them when they are cosmetic only", yet who honestly did Torghast in 9.2 when it was entirely cosmetic only? The people bitching probably didn't.

I don't mind having no "systems", I really don't, but I think the playerbase is gonna be in for a wake up call.
    I don't find that likely tbh. At most I think people will be ok with the systemless take.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

7+ Year Old Account

Not sure about that. I didn't see any complaining in 9.2 about having no player power to extensively farm.

We're going back to the "I've run out of content" whining a week after launch because they can't function without their hamsterwheel or realize that they can take breaks from the game until new content arrives.
    Although even without "systems" I can still see Blizzard timegating the content. "Campaigns" that progress with a 15-30 minute quest every week over 9 weeks so they get at least two months worth of subs out of players every major content update.

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Not sure about that. I didn't see any complaining in 9.2 about having no player power to extensively farm.
    Oh, sure, but that was a patch that hasn't even been out for 5 months.

Make it an expansion and you will get the people rushing in complaining that there is nothing to do after a month.

A lot of people think they are smarter than the psychologists at Blizzard who design the carrots that they see through and think that the whole "Permanent grind" doesn't work on them and doesn't keep them playing.

They aren't, and they don't.

People just want housing/racial campaigns/class campaigns/exciting solo content which DF doesn't have, at least not on the website. I'm sure the renown campaigns will be similar to what they want but it isn't the "retake Lordaeron" or "regrow Teldrassil" people are claiming for. It's going to be sampling weed with new centaurs and fishing with Tuskarr.

People want a revamp/EK and Kalimdor expansion, and DF just isn't it.

I'm not sure this is the biggest audience, but it's definitely a loud one on social media. And the lack of any of these in DF makes it seem boring to a lot of them.
    Last edited by Cheezits; 2022-07-04 at 06:18 PM.

Regarding player power: any news about legos being further upgradable? Or will they stay 291? Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by ExiHext View Post
    Regarding player power: any news about legos being further upgradable? Or will they stay 291? Thoughts?
    I doubt they will be, but it's gonna be really shitty getting a Heroic piece that's better than your Legendary in everything but effect.

Considering sanctum shards aren't coming back I doubt they are bothering with legendaries.

I doubt they will be, but it's gonna be really shitty getting a Heroic piece that's better than your Legendary in everything but effect.
    Yea, sounds weird. I really thought they would implement something.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheezits View Post
    People just want housing/racial campaigns/class campaigns/exciting solo content which DF doesn't have, at least not on the website. I'm sure the renown campaigns will be similar but it isn't the "retake Lordaeron" or "regrow Teldrassil" people are claiming for.

I'm not sure this is the biggest audience, but it's definitely a loud one on social media. And the lack of any of these in DF makes it seem boring to a lot of them.
    People "want" a lot of things. But realistically, how worth it would it be to implement those features. People may "want" housing, yet they will spend 30 minutes doing some housing stuff and then return to idling in Orgrimmar.

People "want" a lot of things. But realistically, how worth it would it be to implement those features. People may "want" housing, yet they will spend 30 minutes doing some housing stuff and then return to idling in Orgrimmar.
    Literally every MMO with housing has a sizable community that lives for it and mostly it. It would be a good investment to keep players subbed during contentless periods.

XIV and ESO, the big competitors, prove that it's worth it. People pay money just to rent!

Quote Originally Posted by Cheezits View Post
    Literally every MMO with housing has a sizable community that lives for it and mostly it. It would be a good investment to keep players subbed during contentless periods.

XIV and ESO, the big competitors, prove that it's worth it. People pay money just to rent!
    XIVs and ESOs playerbases are completely different to WoWs though.

XIVs and ESOs playerbases are completely different to WoWs though.
    Considering the amount of WoW players who beg for things from those games or leave WoW to play those games (almost always due to solo content or the emphasis on player appearance) it's not completely different.

Not willing to argue about what the "silent majority" wants though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post

It's almost as if you didn't understand what he posted... or even read it at all. I don't get why you respond to things if you're not going to actually attempt to comprehend them.

- - - Updated - - -

I think item levels are going up into the 300's for season 4 so I would assume legendary item levels would go up too... but I'm really not looking forward towards a 4th currency to farm in order to upgrade all my current ones.

Unless they add an item that upgrades the item level of your legendary immediately to whatever item level they choose. Like the Conduit item level upgrade token.

Quote Originally Posted by Atticon View Post
    We're going back to the "I've run out of content" whining a week after launch because they can't function without their hamsterwheel or realize that they can take breaks from the game until new content arrives.

Although even without "systems" I can still see Blizzard timegating the content. "Campaigns" that progress with a 15-30 minute quest every week over 9 weeks so they get at least two months worth of subs out of players every major content update.
    Renown campaigns will be timegated, yes. Otherwise the patch is over for most casual players week 1 when they finish the story and unsub.