10+ Year Old Account

SoM will have the option to transfer to WOTLK Classic

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wo...ver/1263839/36

There you go. Looks like SoM is going to get the option to stay on SoM, Transfer to Classic Era, or transfer to WOTLK.
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

There's definitely no option to stay on SoM once the server is over since the servers get wiped. And I'm extremely doubtful about this 'free' aspect. Maybe just for one character per account, and you get charged for any ones after that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coffeh View Post
    There's definitely no option to stay on SoM once the server is over since the servers get wiped. And I'm extremely doubtful about this 'free' aspect. Maybe just for one character per account, and you get charged for any ones after that.
    Wow someone's a Negative Nancy

#TeamFuckEverything

Isn't that what they did with TBC? How it is being negative to go by Blizzard's track record?

10+ Year Old Account
    Isn't that what they did with TBC? How it is being negative to go by Blizzard's track record?
    TBC Classic was done as such:

Your character was snapshotted right before the pre-patch. when Pre-patch dropped, you had two options with that character for free: 1) Stay on Classic Era with that client or 2) Move onward to TBC:C. The third, paid, option was to unlock your clone that had been snappshotted on Classic Era while continuing onward to TBC Era with that character.

Also, in the blue, it even says "there will be a way for Season of Mastery characters to transfer to either Classic Era or Wrath of the Lich King Classic for free"

I wouldn't put it past them to allow a second copy for 15 bucks or something so you can play Classic Era AND WOTLK:C with the same character

#TeamFuckEverything

Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    Wow someone's a Negative Nancy

What an ironic comment from someone with #TeamFuckEverything in their sig.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    What an ironic comment from someone with #TeamFuckEverything in their sig.
    It could be literal too you know. As long as there's consent.

#TeamFuckEverything

Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    TBC Classic was done as such:

Your character was snapshotted right before the pre-patch. when Pre-patch dropped, you had two options with that character for free: 1) Stay on Classic Era with that client or 2) Move onward to TBC:C. The third, paid, option was to unlock your clone that had been snappshotted on Classic Era while continuing onward to TBC Era with that character.

Also, in the blue, it even says "there will be a way for Season of Mastery characters to transfer to either Classic Era or Wrath of the Lich King Classic for free"

I wouldn't put it past them to allow a second copy for 15 bucks or something so you can play Classic Era AND WOTLK:C with the same character

So why would you expect anything different from this?

They really want to funnell all Classic players into WotLK

10+ Year Old Account
    So why would you expect anything different from this?
    I was just clarifying the free portion of it that you seemed to have trouble understanding.

#TeamFuckEverything

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    They really want to funnell all Classic players into WotLK
    As opposed to just letting them quit, when the SoM servers shut down?
    Cause let's face it, transferring chars from SoM to Classic Era is just not gonna do anything, as expected and proven with TBC classic, people will simply not stick around forever doing Naxx until they die.

I find it unbelievable that there are people complaining about this .... like ... why?

Quote Originally Posted by kranur View Post
    As opposed to just letting them quit, when the SoM servers shut down?
    Cause let's face it, transferring chars from SoM to Classic Era is just not gonna do anything, as expected and proven with TBC classic, people will simply not stick around forever doing Naxx until they die.

I find it unbelievable that there are people complaining about this .... like ... why?
    The entire appeal of classic is getting to go back and play your favorite expansions. To then simply lose them again by being forced into newer ones just as happened before is almost insultingly stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    The entire appeal of classic is getting to go back and play your favorite expansions. To then simply lose them again by being forced into newer ones just as happened before is almost insultingly stupid.
    They announced from the start that SoM are a seasonal thing and there is no forcing, it's either transfer the chars to Classic Era and stay at level 60 or continue in LK.
    What do you think would have happened if TBC classic, SoM and LK classic were not a thing? Do you honestly believe that people would have just played it Classic until the end of time? They would have slowly quit and eventually ended up in the same situation that Classic Era is now with only a handful of people.