10+ Year Old Account
    inb4 no beta and they are going just give us dragonflight. How crazy would that be.

TBH - they should give us talents ASAP on the PTR. Everyone should be testing the new talents.
    socials
    TikTok flanleet | YouTube/Twitter/Instagram flan1337

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marcellus1986 View Post
    Jesus. Saw a dragonflight post on WoWhead and it’s the Blood DK class writer whining about their spec.
    I've noticed over the past year or so that WoWhead has turned to quantity over quality. Several of their posts contain false information or information that was changed from PTR testing but still published as live guides. I don't know if it has to do with the Fanbyte purchase/merger or just a heavier push to increase revenue by driving clicks. I don't really blame them but I wish they would have better standards for what is published.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    I've noticed over the past year or so that WoWhead has turned to quantity over quality. Several of their posts contain false information or information that was changed from PTR testing but still published as live guides.
    Because they haven't had anything else to talk about. If this were a normal content cycle we'd have had the DF reveal in 2021 and they'd be covering the Alpha by now. But they need content to cover to function & the increasingly secretive nature of corporate culture has forced wowhead to be more & more thinly spread. This is what I've been talking about this whole time.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    Because they haven't had anything else to talk about. If this were a normal content cycle we'd have had the DF reveal in 2021 and they'd be covering the Alpha by now. But they need content to cover to function & the increasingly secretive nature of corporate culture has forced wowhead to be more & more thinly spread. This is what I've been talking about this whole time.
    So are you just ignore how they did it even during Shadowlands when they had plenty of stuff to cover? This has nothing to do with Dragonflight or encryption in patch 9.2.5. It also ignores how they didn't do that stuff in the past during content droughts. WoWhead, not Blizzard, is to blame for inaccuracies and questionable content they post.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

You are getting desperate.

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    Did you forget about the 3 other incomming workdays that this week consists of?
    why would they overshadow their own mdi finals? the people in the mdi are the streamers who get the first access. the most we will get are a talent tree or 2

So are you just ignore how they did it even during Shadowlands when they had plenty of stuff to cover? This has nothing to do with Dragonflight or encryption in patch 9.2.5. It also ignores how they didn't do that stuff in the past during content droughts. WoWhead, not Blizzard, is to blame for inaccuracies and questionable content they post.
    They weren't doing those things at the beginning of Shadowlands. And it doesn't ignore past content droughts, you're just ignoring that under normal circumstances coverage of a new expansion would begin at the start of a content drought: Shadowlands was announced before 8.3, BFA was announced before Antorus etc.

Considering the Dragonflight expansion was revealed several months after Sepulcher the fansites clearly had to get creative to continue a steady stream of content: Which is what I said would happen a year ago. You pointed it out. I just gave you an explanation: Apparently an explanation you didn't like.

Wowhead, Azmongold, Talesin, Bellular: They all have been doing more & more of this wild speculation as content: And when you're left with nothing but speculating as content its always going to seem unhinged to people.
    Last edited by Ersula; 2022-07-05 at 09:53 PM.

I've noticed over the past year or so that WoWhead has turned to quantity over quality
    haha you're fun. They've been like this since almost a decade now. It's a garbage journalistic website that plays on getting their user to come back a couple of times everyday by dressing up any random information as news. They speculate on the most random things (oh this npc has a long casttime, let's say it means this and make two to three news about it) and are almost every time in the wrong even when the explanation/answer is obvious...

And when it's not that, they're spoiling by putting the xontent of the spoil in the title of the news or even better putting it in the thumbnail

New Dev build idk if its encrypted
    version 10.0.0.44475

Quote Originally Posted by Hyrja View Post
    version 10.0.0.44475
    Dev builds are always encrypted

1+ Year Old Account
    version 10.0.0.44475
    Yeah, just looked. It’s a Dev build (opposed to vendor). This is now the 5th I believe?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Catastrophy349 View Post
    Yeah, just looked. It’s a Dev build (opposed to vendor). This is now the 5th I believe?
    Aren't vendor builds intended to be for manufacturers like nvdia? Our alpha should be on the dev build, right?

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    Aren't vendor builds intended to be for manufacturers like nvdia? Our alpha should be on the dev build, right?
    Vendor builds are for "third-parties" (the official definition for another Blizz game) which could also include external QA, so not necessarily.

15+ Year Old Account
    They weren't doing those things at the beginning of Shadowlands.
    The mistakes in class guides and other posts happened during Shadowlands. They wouldn't update the information written during the PTR that changed when the patch went live. But I'm sure you know more about what I'm talking about then I do even though the complaint originated with my observations. Lmao.

Wowhead, Azmongold, Talesin, Bellular: They all have been doing more & more of this wild speculation as content: And when you're left with nothing but speculating as content its always going to seem unhinged to people.
    They do that regardless of new expansion information being released. Clicks earn revenue and wild speculation drives clicks. Hence why I said I wish WoWhead would be more concerned with quality over quantity. They publish/accept lower quality as long as it drives more clicks.
    Last edited by rhorle; 2022-07-05 at 10:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Skildar View Post
    haha you're fun. They've been like this since almost a decade now. It's a garbage journalistic website that plays on getting their user to come back a couple of times everyday by dressing up any random information as news. They speculate on the most random things (oh this npc has a long casttime, let's say it means this and make two to three news about it) and are almost every time in the wrong even when the explanation/answer is obvious...

And when it's not that, they're spoiling by putting the xontent of the spoil in the title of the news or even better putting it in the thumbnail
    I mean they tweeted an article of their repost of the blue post of the wandering ancient development and censored the picture in the tweet but not the article

Then they got mad because people posted the uncensored picture in the comments and like 3 of the employees tried saying "we don't post spoilers"

10+ Year Old Account
    Its still possible to happen today, but pretty sure the days over. Onto tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Its still possible to happen today, but pretty sure the days over. Onto tomorrow.
    It’s 3:30 in Irvine. They’ve still got several hours.

I could use some of the copium you guys are on

-- Thanks for the clarification marlamin

I could use some of the copium you guys are on

-- Thanks for the clarification marlamin
    It might be the 5 gallons I just huffed but towellie saying he's resting until alpha means today or tomorrow morning

1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Forum Man View Post
    It might be the 5 gallons I just huffed but towellie saying he's resting until alpha means today or tomorrow morning
    I think you may have misunderstood what he said. He said that he is on a different schedule so that he can rest most of the day (hence starting earlier) so that IF DF Alpha comes online, he will be rested to do it.