Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    repeatedly alluring to wanting to push NFT's
    But...they didn't? I mean, they took a GDC meeting (there are a TON of those and little comes of most) keeping an open mind about the tech, and issued a statement after the community lost their minds confirming that they're not considering anything blockchain/crypto related for EVE. I get folks being sensitive around the issue, but folks were losing their god-damned minds.

If they do something blockchain related it'd likely be with whatever Pearl Abyss is doing with other titles (they have a few blockchain games in the works).

Fanfest content announcement: Excel integration, improved reflections and higher def nebulae. Oh and stuff is happening in the future but they haven't said what it is. All that for an extra 33% a month. Fucking kek.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    Fanfest content announcement: Excel integration, improved reflections and higher def nebulae. Oh and stuff is happening in the future but they haven't said what it is. All that for an extra 33% a month. Fucking kek.
    Yup, ccp intent on killing thier game. I saw the writing on the wall in 2019 and it hasnt changed. I guess this is the coming end of a great mmo due to dev stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    Yup, ccp intent on killing thier game. I saw the writing on the wall in 2019 and it hasnt changed. I guess this is the coming end of a great mmo due to dev stupidity.
    Well game is not attracting new players, and old players live on sunken cost, so they can milk them np.
    My nickname is "LDEV", not "idev". (both font clarification and ez bait)

yall im smh @ ur simplified english

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    I dunno man, the crowd seemed pretty hype for that Excel integration.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    I dunno man, the crowd seemed pretty hype for that Excel integration.
    And as someone who was in the endgame industry circle i can tell you none of them use excel over google docs as one is free and easily shareable and one costs money. And considering no meaningful production is even going on atm its even less exciting. Its just like thier stupid fucking dr who cross over. No reason to it what so ever.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ldev View Post
    Well game is not attracting new players, and old players live on sunken cost, so they can milk them np.
    No when they are all quiting in droves, which is happening and has been over the past 2 years.

What this game missing is an "endless journey" or "journey to unknown".

Making a fleet and going deep into the unknown which can not be mapped, where it will take a while to return, need to make use of all ships like ammunition haulers, fuel haulers, different faction ships, carriers etc. Even need miners, ice miners. Just like a survival mode deep in the unknown.

Random npc fleet engagements, bosses etc.
    No logging off, ships stay in space even if you log off safely so need yo set-up a pos meanwhile.
    Have to take your haulers with main fleet cos space not stable.

You take a gate and it takes you to a system, 1 hour later that same gate will take you to another system. Like a maze but takes you forward %90 of time. So, hard to go back.

Imagine the armies of the past, merchants used to follow the army and sell their stuff when the army stops marching. People will risking themselves to supply their fleet or taking a pos along and build stuff needed before the next engagement.

The only big pve fleet stuff is incursions and they are soooo very boring.

Quote Originally Posted by Bebethebebe View Post
    What this game missing is an "endless journey" or "journey to unknown".

Making a fleet and going deep into the unknown which can not be mapped, where it will take a while to return, need to make use of all ships like ammunition haulers, fuel haulers, different faction ships, carriers etc. Even need miners, ice miners. Just like a survival mode deep in the unknown.
    You take a gate and it takes you to a system, 1 hour later that same gate will take you to another system. Like a maze but takes you forward %90 of time. So, hard to go back.
    You're talking about wormholes, like 90% of what you're describing already exists in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaldy View Post
    You're talking about wormholes, like 90% of what you're describing already exists in the game.
    Yea but you always have an exit to civilization in whs.

I'm not gonna pay £16 a month to play it, especially when there's no significant new content to be seen. I'm training an alpha explorer and that'll be how I get my EVE fix when I get the urge to play.

I'm not gonna pay £16 a month to play it, especially when there's no significant new content to be seen. I'm training an alpha explorer and that'll be how I get my EVE fix when I get the urge to play.
    There are corps who do fobs daily.
    You can join them and make some isk while sitting afk.
    Even buy plex in a month if lucky finding fobs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Does any1 here play eve echoes on mobiles?

Is it worth playing? Or u still cant use market and sell items as f2p?
    Scam Citizen referral code: STAR-2YL2-XDTX|get 5,000 UEC

Quote Originally Posted by Proskill View Post
    Does any1 here play eve echoes on mobiles?

Is it worth playing? Or u still cant use market and sell items as f2p?
    You can always join a guild / alliance / clan.
    As F2P you should be able to trade still, and use the market i should hope - seeing how integral that part of the game is for the overall economy.

You're just skill capped, and limited to certain ships.

CCP has hired this person as their Narrative Designer for EVE. Surely this will reverse the decline in players.

10+ Year Old Account
    i always liked EVEs story as it felt mature without aliens and shit. only humans

CCP has hired this person as their Narrative Designer for EVE. Surely this will reverse the decline in players.
    Should we know who this person is? I guess whoever she is she's on "someone's" shit list because she had to delete her hiring announcement due to harassment? Nice way to start your job at a new company I guess.

10+ Year Old Account
    Should we know who this person is? I guess whoever she is she's on "someone's" shit list because she had to delete her hiring announcement due to harassment? Nice way to start your job at a new company I guess.
    he/she/they*

Quote Originally Posted by Proskill View Post
    he/she/they*
    Yeah and? I'm still not sure who this person is or why people are upset. Do they have a history of bad writing or something? Or is this a, "Pronouns trigger me because I'm insecure and inadequate and also don't understand pronouns" moment from the EVE community?

its difficult to enjoy the game with the sub price being this high. then again i'm just sitting in HS farming lvl 4s, it gets a bit bland after a while, I should probably change things up and do more pvp.

either this person will write something good or like someone said on the steam forum, remove the damsel in distress mission and move on.

not sure what would bring ppl back, you'd think the better idea would be to lower the sub and entice more alts. when it comes to content, meh, I think the game is still reeling from various changes made over the years, going back to t3ds and command destroyers. I like new content as much as anyone but it would be nice to have things settle into some sort of consistency and have a period of time where there isn't some massive wrench thrown at the game. there are still various ships that could be added, pirate and navy faction. games so old I'm not sure what they could do to pve to make it more interesting, quest text probably won't help much.

maybe ill check out the faction warfare changes at the end of the year. might breath some life into FW. the pvp is fun, but it seems like ppl have a hard time reaching the point where they can consistently shoulder loss. but overall the decisions over the last several years have been middling at best. you could honestly write an essay on playstyles that have been removed and the myriad ways in which miners and industry has been shafted.
    Last edited by Heathy; 2022-08-09 at 05:19 PM.

Do they have a history of bad writing or something?
    Yes.

10 characters.