Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    But the item was entirely removed. Keep the item. Have the hunters replace it a few times per expac.
    Why should hunters be punished by having 1 bag slot less because they need to bring a quiver?
    Should mages lose a bag slot to carry their spellbook?
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by Popastique View Post
    Yeap, you basically have free content to explore ( when it releases ), want to dominate in PVP ( if there is one ) or have topped off character - pay money. That is the norm pretty much or you can always enjoy your slow progression

- - - Updated - - -

Defending them? Man, it is the reality. No matter what people say - this p2w model is in wide use, i am just stating facts.

PC players are just oblivious that mobile market is full of games like this.

I think I would like to stay oblivious to trash like Immortal. Plus I would like to think I have some type of common sense by not having this junk installed on my phone. but to each their own.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinchi Migi View Post
    I think I would like to stay oblivious to trash like Immortal. Plus I would like to think I have some type of common sense by not having this junk installed on my phone. but to each their own.
    And that's great, to each their own

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Th3Scourge View Post
    But you can't take away all the P2W and monetisation. It is the framework in which the entire game is built. Apart from that it's just a poor-mans port of D3. The only thing I will give it credit for is the voice acting.

The itemisation is one-dimensional and braindead. Gear is basically pointless outside of the power the gems provide, so the game just becomes farm rifts for gems
    The combat feel fluid but every modern ARPG feels fluid. Lost Ark does it better, POE does it better, hell even D2 feels fluid. This is just an expectation
    They didn't even bother to remove the mobile controls/UI from the PC port, the only thing polished about the game is the cash shop

I really disagree, this is basically Lost Ark but with a Diablo theme and less complex, which I prefer. I prefer it over D3 as well, as I am more into MMOS than ARPGs.

Quote Originally Posted by bullseyed View Post
    \Tell me you've never played Diablo3 without telling me you've never played Diablo3.

This is literally what Diablo is. Farm rifts for gem upgrades to farm more rifts. If you dislike that, you dislike Diablo.
    I mean, that's exactly why D3 is a piece of shit. It has no end-game. You get your seasonal set, upgrade gems and grind paragon.

I mean, that's exactly why D3 is a piece of shit. It has no end-game. You get your seasonal set, upgrade gems and grind paragon.
    There are also ancient items and the ones with maxed rolls. D3>>>>D2.

10+ Year Old Account
    What endgame does D2 have? Grind Baal over and over, how is it better?

Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post
    What endgame does D2 have? Grind Baal over and over, how is it better?
    Pandemonium event, Ubers, Rune hunting, PVP. D2R made many other zones/areas in the game higher level so more zones can be farmed out

Oh and trading, which is probably the activity that gives it real longevity. The game has been going strong for 22+ years

10+ Year Old Account
    Pandemonium event, Ubers, Rune hunting, PVP. D2R made many other zones/areas in the game higher level so more zones can be farmed out

Oh and trading, which is probably the activity that gives it real longevity. The game has been going strong for 22+ years
    Rune Hunting is a boring grind, and so is ubers. The PvP is garbage with those stiff controls and slow combat.

I LOVED Diablo 2 back in the day tho, but it is a garbage game compared to newer, more modern fast paced games, with more conviniences and amazing smooth controls.

I get some people like retro though, I really do. There are people who like old NES games, but that doesn't take away the fact that NES games suck compared to modern Nintendo games.

You are free to like D2, but it's an old game that's complete outdated and that hasn't aged well at all, that survives cause of nostalgia.

Rune Hunting is a boring grind, and so is ubers. The PvP is garbage with those stiff controls and slow combat.

I LOVED Diablo 2 back in the day tho, but it is a garbage game compared to newer, more modern fast paced games, with more conviniences and amazing smooth controls.

I get some people like retro though, I really do. There are people who like old NES games, but that doesn't take away the fact that NES games suck compared to modern Nintendo games.

You are free to like D2, but it's an old game that's complete outdated and that hasn't aged well at all, that survives cause of nostalgia.
    "Diablo 2 doesn't have any end game content because I didn't like any of it so therefore it doesn't exist." Jesus fucking christ, dude.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    "Diablo 2 doesn't have any end game content because I didn't like any of it so therefore it doesn't exist." Jesus fucking christ, dude.
    I'm not saying it has 0 end game content, I'm saying the other guy presented it as "fact" that D2 was better cause it was less repetitive, something that is false.

And D3 for sure has more things to do end gamewise, although it's of course also a grind game, all Diablo games are grind games.

I'm not saying it has 0 end game content, I'm saying the other guy presented it as "fact" that D2 was better cause it was less repetitive, something that is false.

And D3 for sure has more things to do end gamewise, although it's of course also a grind game, all Diablo games are grind games.
    Diablo 2's endgame is objectively better than D3 AND D:I.

10+ Year Old Account
    You don't know what the word objectively means, you are clueless. It comes down to preferences, anyone with a 3 digit IQ would know that. But if you are gonna try to analyze pure quality, D3 has far more unique content and a far more consistent curve of upgrades to your character per hour spend grinding end game and far less RNG than D2. If you hate gambling, you should hate rune farming in D2, cause D2 endgame is far more random and tedious. The closest we come to "objectively" is that D2 is worse than D3 cause of this, and you know, cause it's 12 years older and plays like a stiff 90s game.

But man, you are so mad, I can only imagine how you sit at home and shake in anger, I never seen anyone THAT tilted by someone having another opinion. You need some professional help man, I say that to be nice, or life will be very hard for you.

Infracted.
    Last edited by xskarma; 2022-07-07 at 05:23 PM.

"Objectively"

Yikes.

If by retro you mean a game that I just pay the box price for an never have to spend another cent to fully enjoy every aspect of the game, no bullshit "battle pass", no +800% value bs currencies, no prompts after every campaign boss kill to spend money, then yes, I do like retro

10+ Year Old Account
    If by retro you mean a game that I just pay the box price for an never have to spend another cent to fully enjoy every aspect of the game, no bullshit "battle pass", no +800% value bs currencies, no prompts after every campaign boss kill to spend money, then yes, I do like retro
    Retro as in stiff controls, stamina meters and especially all outdated things we no longer see in games, like potions that are consumeables instead of a cooldown, townportals and indentify scrolls as items instead of cooldowns, runes taking up inventory space, speccing your skills instead of just chosing them, the fact that you have to run back to your corpse and get it, ammo for your bows instead of having unlimited, the list can go on and on. The game even has a pauce screen "SAVE and quit" like you can save an online game, it's absolutely a very old game. It came out in 2000, but it really feels like it came out in 1992 or something, it's so outdated in so many, many ways.

Also, you should know that 1 time purchase games can't ever succeed and remain updated. They will eventually die out, it's a miracle D2 remake can even keep servers up, for a small company it would be impossible. If there is no constant flow on money, you can forget expansions, patches etc etc, one-time purchase is not a working system for online games that should be updated.

Free games with optional subscriptions or microtransactions is the only realistic way to fund them.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost of Cow View Post
    "Objectively"

Yikes.
    The truth hurts, I know.

- - - Updated - - -

You don't know what the word objectively means, you are clueless. It comes down to preferences, anyone with a 3 digit IQ would know that. But if you are gonna try to analyze pure quality, D3 has far more unique content and a far more consistent curve of upgrades to your character per hour spend grinding end game and far less RNG than D2. If you hate gambling, you should hate rune farming in D2, cause D2 endgame is far more random and tedious. The closest we come to "objectively" is that D2 is worse than D3 cause of this, and you know, cause it's 12 years older and plays like a stiff 90s game.

But man, you are so mad, I can only imagine how you sit at home and shake in anger, I never seen anyone THAT tilted by someone having another opinion. You need some professional help man, I say that to be nice, or life will be very hard for you.
    Diablo Immortal is an objectively shit game. The only people who like it are whales and simpletons. And hey! You're both of those things!

Infracted.
    Last edited by xskarma; 2022-07-07 at 05:18 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The truth hurts, I know.

- - - Updated - - -

Diablo Immortal is an objectively shit game. The only people who like it are whales and simpletons. And hey! You're both of those things!
    Don't go there, I've been trying to be nice, but you talk like a child. You are emotional, personal and constantly change the subject. At least try to be an adult.

You don't understand the word objectively. An example: You can like the sun or you can hate the sun, your opinion is subjective. But it is a FACT that the sun is hot, you cannot have an opinion wheter the sun is hot or not, that is objectively a truth.

I like Diablo Immortal, you don't, neither of us is objectively correct, we both have opinions. Neither is correct, neither is wrong.

I love the game, I am not a simpleton, I have an IQ of 130 according to my country's official military IQ evaluation, which is like top 10% (not a brag but you called me stupid) and like I tried to tell you, I've spent ZERO euros on the game.

So I'm neither stupid or a whale. I simply LOVE Mmorpgs and I LOVE the Diablo franchaise, you just can't accept that this game is PERFECT for many of us, cause it take the best of 2 worlds.

Retro as in stiff controls, stamina meters and especially all outdated things we no longer see in games, like potions that are consumeables instead of a cooldown, townportals and indentify scrolls as items instead of cooldowns, runes taking up inventory space, speccing your skills instead of just chosing them, the fact that you have to run back to your corpse and get it, ammo for your bows instead of having unlimited, the list can go on and on. The game even has a pauce screen "SAVE and quit" like you can save an online game, it's absolutely a very old game. It came out in 2000, but it really feels like it came out in 1992 or something, it's so outdated in so many, many ways.

Also, you should know that 1 time purchase games can't ever succeed and remain updated. They will eventually die out, it's a miracle D2 remake can even keep servers up, for a small company it would be impossible. If there is no constant flow on money, you can forget expansions, patches etc etc, one-time purchase is not a working system for online games that should be updated.

Free games with optional subscriptions or microtransactions is the only realistic way to fund them.
    Elden Ring begs to differ. It's very possible if the game is good. AAA companies choose not to because to because they are seeking short-term profit maximisation rather long term consumer satisfaction and retention.

You don't need a sub/MTX model to produce an expansion. Those costs are recouped from the sales of said expansion.
    Last edited by Th3Scourge; 2022-07-07 at 02:03 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Elden Ring begs to differ. It's very possible if the game is good. AAA companies choose not to because to because they are seeking short-term profit maximisation rather long term consumer satisfaction and retention.

You don't need a sub/MTX model to produce an expansion. Those costs are recouped from the sales of said expansion.
    Elden Ring? I haven't played it, but as far as I am aware, we haven't had any huge major patches to that game, nor expansions. It's not kept updated like many online games.

Do you really think they would give out content patches similar to like World of Warcraft for free, year after year? NO WAY they would ever do that.