Dragonflight PvP

I won't lie guys, I'm kinda worried about Dragonflight PvP. The pvp in the last 2 xpacs hasn't been great, thanks to poor tuning and barrowed power systems. But with the loss of barrowed power as they claim in 10.0 it makes me wonder what the plans for pvp are and if they'll even do much balancing throughout the xpac. I just don't want another SL PvP xpac this is awful lol

Apart from the start of this season, which has been a bit of a fiesta because of sets + double legendaries, what more do you want for PvP?

Every specs except Arcane is viable if not good, game is fast paced, it has big outplays potential compared to BFA / Legion.

SL has been great so far PvP wise, and S4 is looking extremely good imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Gotural View Post
    game is fast paced,
    And thats the big Problem.

It is really reall annoying to lose games in like 0,3 secs, cause 2 dps have some proc/critluck. To play healer these days is just awful. One small mistake or just reacting like 0,1 sec to late and you are dead. The Game needs way less oneshots. When i look my favorite Cata/MoP PvP Videos u can see how slow the gameplay was, but that make if much less frustrating.

Quote Originally Posted by saixilein View Post
    And thats the big Problem.

It is really reall annoying to lose games in like 0,3 secs, cause 2 dps have some proc/critluck. To play healer these days is just awful. One small mistake or just reacting like 0,1 sec to late and you are dead. The Game needs way less oneshots. When i look my favorite Cata/MoP PvP Videos u can see how slow the gameplay was, but that make if much less frustrating.
    Cata wasn't exactly slow. And even mop had some broken 1 shots.

I mean something like Cataclysm, you didn't die in a global to abilities that did 40% of your health at once, but I dunno if unhealable damage for 3 or 4 seconds is much better.

Quote Originally Posted by Thes View Post

I mean something like Cataclysm, you didn't die in a global to abilities that did 40% of your health at once, but I dunno if unhealable damage for 3 or 4 seconds is much better.
    It was notably slower then due to much lesser burst potential and heals not being as overpowered. Gear was made for reducing that and allowing for longer, more thought out matches.

But blizzard became FAR more obsessed with inflated damage numbers from roughly Legion on. Borrowed power wasnt the issue, but rather their obsession with ever increasing numbers and huge gear gaps within a tier.

This isnt going to go away with Dragonflight unfortuantly unless they make sweeping changes to PvP gearing, which they likely wont do as they havent really done that for years.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

The current season is one of the best in recent memory, honestly. Every class has strong abilities and is viable at rank 1, hell most specs are viable at rank 1 not even just class.

Yeah there's a lot of burst, but there's a lot of burst healing as well. A ret can do 40k in a global, but a single Serenity can heal for 40k as well. It kind of balances out in the end.

And games still last a long time, at least in 3s. It's rare a game ends in under 3 minutes, which is enough time for both sides to use their CDs at least twice. Most games go about 5 minutes and then end just as dampening is starting, which I think is a really good pace. Occasionally games take like 10 minutes and those always feel lousy to play because they just get boring.

Honestly I think the pace right now is pretty perfect, and I'd be very happy if Dragonflight plays at around the same speed. Maybe slightly slower would be okay, but I really don't want to end up back in a heavy dampening meta because that was actually unplayable.

Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    The current season is one of the best in recent memory, honestly. Every class has strong abilities and is viable at rank 1, hell most specs are viable at rank 1 not even just class.

Yeah there's a lot of burst, but there's a lot of burst healing as well. A ret can do 40k in a global, but a single Serenity can heal for 40k as well. It kind of balances out in the end.

And games still last a long time, at least in 3s. It's rare a game ends in under 3 minutes, which is enough time for both sides to use their CDs at least twice. Most games go about 5 minutes and then end just as dampening is starting, which I think is a really good pace. Occasionally games take like 10 minutes and those always feel lousy to play because they just get boring.

Honestly I think the pace right now is pretty perfect, and I'd be very happy if Dragonflight plays at around the same speed. Maybe slightly slower would be okay, but I really don't want to end up back in a heavy dampening meta because that was actually unplayable.
    Its kinda fine as of now, other than the insta burst deaths. But its still far behind what it used to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Thes View Post

There were always been oneshots, but overall the gameplay was slower. Cooldowns were 3-5 Mins, instead of 30-120secs, and even ccs last way longer then today.

Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post

As someone who wants fast games, I agree. Probably a difference between people who like 10 minute chess matches and those of us who like to run in, blow cool downs, and see who lives because that's way more fun

Quote Originally Posted by Ashana Darkmoon View Post
    As someone who wants fast games, I agree. Probably a difference between people who like 10 minute chess matches and those of us who like to run in, blow cool downs, and see who lives because that's way more fun
    Its a lot more mindless.

PvP feels fine outside the synergy of rogue/mage, and some of the healer tuning.
    They can balance the game as much as they want, but until they actually make it enticing for an average MMORPG player, it's gonna feel like this because we're all just a bunch of sweaty hardcores fighting each other even at lower MMR.

0 outplay potential in SL pvp cuz all cds are infinitely strong so u can just literally press a cd and afk for 10 seconds and it makes no difference

on the high end duels are way more skill intensive in SL but on the low end anyone is immediately good in SL cuz of how the class toolkits are overpowered.

They can balance the game as much as they want, but until they actually make it enticing for an average MMORPG player, it's gonna feel like this because we're all just a bunch of sweaty hardcores fighting each other even at lower MMR.
    SL pvp is like a reduced version of CONNECT 4. You're right but in the opposite way really. You think the game isn't popular but actually alot of average players are playing the game right now, it's just that the game is more average in general and even the worst player can press their 2 buttons and pve on 50% gcd efficiency and win easier.

Reason I'm titled is that my experience is this: I go into an lets say epic bg, I play a dot class right, and I'm pretty good at noticing if someone is either good or bad at the game as a person, very psychological really it's sad I know, and what tilts me so hard is that people that would normally get totally facerolled are so strong right now it's so sad I can't stand it, pls learn how to be good don't think you're good cuz of the wheelchair you don't even realize is under your bum.

Solution I hope for in DF: Reduced CD-Immunities-absorb value, Reduced burst dmg, Reduced burst healing. I'd love to have some more entertaining PVE cuz SL PVE is sooo bad I can't stand it. SL PVP is actually good af in some regards(JK I changed my mind it sux) but the PVE really shows why I dislike the PVP.

So Solution 2: Make pve actually fun and less about meta strats using cd rotations with your teammates it triggers me so hard maybe I wanna play for myself and not in some boyband m+ team. No offense.

PS. Can't wait to farm all your bums in rated solo shuffle even tho I hate solo shuffle, it's like a worse version of skirmish in every regard and Blizzard just has the need to literally bribe players to play that garbage system by adding infinite honor gains to it, to pump the metrics, oh look how successful this system is(throws 1700 honor on a guy).
    Last edited by nvaelz; 2022-07-10 at 11:59 AM.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Schwert View Post
    PvP feels fine outside the synergy of rogue/mage, and some of the healer tuning.
    How would they do that

I'm a casual PVPr. My only design in PVP for DragonFlop is that there is an algorithm that puts casual vs casual and hardcore vs hardcore. Being in a BG pug with average gear and being raped by a top-gun full gladiator... is not fun at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Fantazma View Post
    I'm a casual PVPr. My only design in PVP for DragonFlop is that there is an algorithm that puts casual vs casual and hardcore vs hardcore. Being in a BG pug with average gear and being raped by a top-gun full gladiator... is not fun at all.
    Why even get gear then? But in any case, the difference will be much less in DF. There will be no upgrading, only one level of honor and conquest iirc.

why even play the game? people like you ruined wow!

now you can play 1 hr a week and have max ilvl pvp in DF.

like what? no rating requirement you can be 1100 rating and i can be 2800 and your allowed to be the same ilvl as me?

so what's the point in me climbing then? you casuals man! gtfo!