Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    With the acquistion being finished by then, it makes a lot of sense.
    Yeah, I said it few weeks ago.

1) It will be after Microsoft thing, maybe they'll even invite Phil Spencer.
    2) Last release before Blizzcon will be Diablo IV, which is much bigger deal than any WoW expac (of course it also brings bigger risk if they screw it). 99% it will be time to reveal Palad.. I mean 6th class we don't know yet.
    3) There is brand new adventure game (also new IP?) in production.
    4) Something we didn't expected just 2 weeks ago - it will be time for 11.0 reveal.
    5) For sure it will be time to reveal what are they plans for Classic. Just releasing expansions? Heavy changes that suit oldschool crowd? Maybe something else? (for example I would love expanding timewalking to actually using old client and old classes).

Two big reveals + usual smaller annoucement for Hearthstone/Overwatch. And finally people simply liked Blizzcon, if not restart it in 2023, then when?

Quote Originally Posted by Kiriastrasza View Post
    This I have to agree with, esports is just not that interesting.
    i totally agree with that statement, however it would be a bad business decision to make you pick what you are going to watch. im still hoping for a blog post but i just see them dropping dragonflight till after mdi/arena finals

Quote Originally Posted by Bindanda View Post
    i totally agree with that statement, however it would be a bad business decision to make you pick what you are going to watch. im still hoping for a blog post but i just see them dropping dragonflight till after mdi/arena finals
    There’s absolutely zero way they drop alpha after July 24th.

Quote Originally Posted by Marcellus1986 View Post
    There’s absolutely zero way they drop alpha after July 24th.
    I'm guessing next week. I saw Marla said that he was thinking next week as well

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, there is nothing really, REALLY new to test, except the new dragon flight thing. The rest is pretty basic testing.

1+ Year Old Account
    Could be next week, sure. We also have two days left in the week. Personally, as much as I would love the Alpha to drop this week, I would also be fine with a blue post regarding Dragonflight. Just talk to us, please! Or just drop the Alpha…that works, too!

Quote Originally Posted by Valysar View Post
    Well, there is nothing really, REALLY new to test, except the new dragon flight thing. The rest is pretty basic testing.
    It was never just about the features.

Tons of content dump like this is bound to have thousands of bugs.

1+ Year Old Account
    I think something a lot of us are forgetting (possibly the reason behind the panic) is that Blizzard wants to do Dragonflight differently than previous expansions (in terms of what gets tested/leaked). It’s quite possible they want to keep a lot of stuff hidden/unplayed so that it’s “fresh/new” on release (perhaps a much larger internal test by Blizzard).

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    It was never just about the features.

Tons of content dump like this is bound to have thousands of bugs.
    It might not really have all that many bugs, outside of Dragon Riding.

Dragonflight itself is just a fairly straight forward expansion. Dungeon and raids might, if they introduce new mechanics.

I really don't expect to see all of Dragon Flight tested before launch.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferlion View Post
    It might not really have all that many bugs, outside of Dragon Riding.

Dragonflight itself is just a fairly straight forward expansion. Dungeon and raids might, if they introduce new mechanics.

I really don't expect to see all of Dragon Flight tested before launch.
    Everytime new stuff is added to the game, or any game, it creates bugs. That's how game developement works.

10+ Year Old Account
    Everytime new stuff is added to the game, or any game, it creates bugs. That's how game developement works.
    Yes but since there are not a ton of borrowed powers, there is less to test, so less bugs, less iterations, etc etc

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Catastrophy349 View Post
    I think something a lot of us are forgetting (possibly the reason behind the panic) is that Blizzard wants to do Dragonflight differently than previous expansions (in terms of what gets tested/leaked). It’s quite possible they want to keep a lot of stuff hidden/unplayed so that it’s “fresh/new” on release (perhaps a much larger internal test by Blizzard).
    I'm aware, I just think there will be something to chew on.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

1+ Year Old Account
    A lot of content creators seem to think Alpha can literally drop at any time, even without a blue post. Mostly waiting for any new builds/movement on that end. Of course, this could mean this week or next, who knows. The build up is addicting!

Sure, but those are the type of bugs internal teams exist to fix. There isn't likely to be any bugs interacting with systems that only pop up when you throw a thousand people all doing different things at it, because it's not system related.

Quote Originally Posted by Valysar View Post
    Yes but since there are not a ton of borrowed powers, there is less to test, so less bugs, less iterations, etc etc
    Might not have tons of borrowed powers but they're redoing the talent system completely, adding an entire new system of nagivation throughout the game (why do you think they're only keeping it for DF zones?)

Massive new zones that are apparently bigger than any previous zones in the game. Each mob in those zones has to be taken care of and made sure that it won't clip through a tree or the ground. What about all the dungeons and the raid, and every trash mob in them? And the bosses?

The programmers ain't gonna be sitting at their desk all day looking at the ceiling. They're working 8 hours a day for months on end staring at code and trying to make sure the game doesn't fall apart.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferlion View Post
    Sure, but those are the type of bugs internal teams exist to fix. There isn't likely to be any bugs interacting with systems that only pop up when you throw a thousand people all doing different things at it, because it's not system related.
    Have you ever quested on alpha/beta servers? Where are always progress breaking bugs and unforeseeable bottlenecks, there are reasons we get each zone after another. Also, they tend to experiment with new Quest types, World-Quest did evolve over time.

Quote Originally Posted by allomgie View Post
    Have you ever quested on alpha/beta servers? Where are always progress breaking bugs and unforeseeable bottlenecks, there are reasons we get each zone after another. Also, they tend to experiment with new Quest types, World-Quest did evolve over time.
    I've been in every alpha/beta since Wrath of the Lich King.

None of that is something that needs to be tested by players. Even with progress bottlenecks. Not only is it not something that needs to be tested by players, if Blizzard is going to continue with the "We are going to be more secretive with the PTR" approach, they are going to have to test that themselves.

I'm just thinking, and I KNOW this is apple to oranges and likely to piss some people off, but FFXIV has never needed to do external testing, and there's only ever been maybe three-four times in the game's now 8-9 year lifespan it's resulted in a bug so bad it had to be fixed ASAP.

I really feel like Blizzard, with the money and manpower available to them, could probably do a bulk or all of their testing internally and still manage to release the game in a state that doesn't need too too much bug fixing, part of me (that might be a bit copium) wonders if that might not be a reason we've gone so long without alpha after saying the expansion was far along.

Quote Originally Posted by Veluren View Post
    I'm just thinking, and I KNOW this is apple to oranges and likely to piss some people off, but FFXIV has never needed to do external testing, and there's only ever been maybe three-four times in the game's now 8-9 year lifespan it's resulted in a bug so bad it had to be fixed ASAP.

I really feel like Blizzard, with the money and manpower available to them, could probably do a bulk or all of their testing internally and still manage to release the game in a state that doesn't need too too much bug fixing, part of me (that might be a bit copium) wonders if that might not be a reason we've gone so long without alpha after saying the expansion was far along.
    They can, but Blizzard alpha/beta is generally huge press for them.

It's why they don't. OR didn't
    Last edited by Ferlion; 2022-07-06 at 11:46 PM.