Page 40 of 56 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Please actually read what I’m saying.
    OH WOW!! THAT IS SO GOD DAMN IRONIC!! "Please read what I'm saying". Your hypocrisy knows no bounds.

How in the world does that make the combat form inferior? Does not being able to see your transmog make Bear, Cat, and Moonkin form inferior? The numbers don't seem to show that at all, since more players prefer Druids than any other class.

And that is completely your opinion.

- - - Updated - - -

The visage form is part of the lore from dragons such as Alexstraza, Wrathion, and Chromie. I would hardly say its tacked on for no reason. The goal is to give you a playable dragon akin to the major draconic heroes in WoW.
    How in the world would a racial combat form lacking one of the most basic functions of a character be inferior? Well gee, i have no idea.
    They're supposed to be a race, that makes the comparison to druids strictly speaking irrelevant, though strictly speaking not entirely wrong eithet; druid forms are certainly inferior to any form that can use transmogs. Thing is that druids are not bound only to their forms, on my balance druid i always use astral shape glyph precisely for this reason.

And you think your view on it is somehow not an opinion? Get a grip.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

How in the world does that make the combat form inferior? Does not being able to see your transmog make Bear, Cat, and Moonkin form inferior? The numbers don't seem to show that at all, since more players prefer Druids than any other class.

- - - Updated - - -

The visage form is part of the lore from dragons such as Alexstraza, Wrathion, and Chromie. I would hardly say its tacked on for no reason. The goal is to give you a playable dragon akin to the major draconic heroes in WoW.
    Mh don't care. Its just a elf and a human with colored hornes... boring as hell and nothing really new. Same like worgen human form which never really gets used by anyone.

Herald of the Titans Nightshade711's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    That looks utterly terrible.

Posts like this simply highlight why I'm thankful that none of you are in charge of Blizzard class or race design.
    As you yourself had said previously said.

Besides. Most actually want to transmog armor for their dracthyr.
    Chen isn't a Monk

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by loras View Post
    How in the world would a racial combat form lacking one of the most basic functions of a character be inferior? Well gee, i have no idea.
    They're supposed to be a race, that makes the comparison to druids strictly speaking irrelevant, though strictly speaking not entirely wrong eithet; druid forms are certainly inferior to any form that can use transmogs. Thing is that druids are not bound only to their forms, on my balance druid i always use astral shape glyph precisely for this reason.
    Except there's no hard numbers to indicate how many Balance druids use the Astral glyph. Many simply don't. Further, Guardian is still a very popular tank spec and they don't show their armor when fighting either.

As for the Druid comparison, it's quite equivalent. In both cases you have combat forms that don't show transmogs, and you have to be out of that form in order to mount. If the argument is that not seeing your armor in combat hobbles the class, the Druid proves that entire argument false. In addition, we're dealing with a class in the DE where the race and the class are one in the same and working off of each other. It's a bit too early to say how it will effect the overall play experience until we get a hands on with the DE.

Druids being the top class in the game is not an opinion. Druids not being able to see their transmog armor during combat in the majority of their specs is not an opinion.

You believing that the Dracthyr dragon form is lackluster is certainly an opinion.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nightshade711 View Post
    As you yourself had said previously said.
    Considering that Blizzard isn't allowing what you posted to take place, I would say it is more than my opinion.

Besides. Most actually want to transmog armor for their dracthyr.
    You have a poll from the WoW userbase to confirm this?

So you can't tell the difference between vanity items having no bearing on the lore of characters and vanity items hinting at future expansions.
    There are no differences. None. Zero. You're just engaging in "confirmation bias" and cherry-picking fallacies here, as pointed out multiple times. Evidence of that is that, before the Dragonflight expansion was datamined, there were absolutely zero differences between the mecha-dragon mount and pet, and all the other promotion mounts and event pets. You're claiming there is a difference where none exists.

Unless, of course, you can show me an objective tag on that mount and pet that says "this mount/pet hints at a future expansion" that doesn't depend on player interpretation, i.e., biases. You can't. Because the mecha-dragon mount is no more a "hint to a future expansion" than the Celestial Steed. The mecha-dragon pet is no more a "hint to a future expansion" than any of the murloc pets in the game.

What you have is nothing but confirmation biases with no basis on facts whatsoever.

- - - Updated - - -

More hypocritical posts from you. It's funny how your opinions are facts, and everything else that goes against your narrative are "just opinions".

1+ Year Old Account
    Considering that Blizzard isn't allowing what you posted to take place, I would say it is more than my opinion.
    As you yourself have said
    “You haven’t seen Dracthyr outside of the previews”
    So you don’t know if they’re going to allow this or not. Especially for the tier set that looks like it was designed specifically for the Dracthyr with the open helm and visible claws.

You have a poll from the WoW userbase to confirm this?
    All the forum posts on both the official and nonofficial forms.
    Outside of you and maybe one other person I don’t think I’ve seen anyone else that seems to enjoy the fact that Dracthyr can’t transmog armor.
    Chen isn't a Monk

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by VinceVega View Post
    Mh don't care. Its just a elf and a human with colored hornes... boring as hell and nothing really new. Same like worgen human form which never really gets used by anyone.
    I disagree that it's just like Worgen human forms. Worgen human forms are just standard humans. The visage forms allow you to resemble Alexstraza or Ysera, and while they are essentially horned elves with scales, that look is quite appealing for a lot of players;

- - - Updated - - -

As you yourself have said
    “You haven’t seen Dracthyr outside of the previews”
    So you don’t know if they’re going to allow this or not. Especially for the tier set that looks like it was designed specifically for the Dracthyr with the open helm and visible claws.
    We know for a fact that the helmet, pants, and boots will not be visible in Dracthyr form, so there's that. The only open question would be chest, belt, and shoulders.

All the forum posts on both the official and nonofficial forms.
    Outside of you and maybe one other person I don’t think I’ve seen anyone else that seems to enjoy the fact that Dracthyr can’t transmog armor.
    Yeah, not valid. The vast majority of WoW players don't participate in forums.

1+ Year Old Account
    We know for a fact that the helmet, pants, and boots will not be visible in Dracthyr form, so there's that. The only open question would be chest, belt, and shoulders.
    You don’t know that they’re out of the question. Blizzard is notorious of changing things in pre-alpha. Especially races in terms of Worgen.

Yeah, not valid. The vast majority of WoW players don't participate in forums.
    “Do you have a poll from the userbase?”

“Sorry the only real avenue for player feedback isn’t valid”

That being said I don’t think I’ve seen anyone even in-game that liked the fact that Dracthyr can’t transmog their armor.

So unless you can show the otherwise, I’m pretty sure most of the playerbase wants to be able to transmog armor for their Dracthyr.
    Chen isn't a Monk

10+ Year Old Account
    You don’t know that they’re out of the question. Blizzard is notorious of changing things in pre-alpha. Especially races in terms of Worgen.
    I'm pretty sure they stated that due to the shape of the Dracthyr's head, and sheer number of customizable options, helmets in Dracthyr form weren't happening. And obviously boots, gloves, and pants aren't happening.

That being said I don’t think I’ve seen anyone even in-game that liked the fact that Dracthyr can’t transmog their armor.

So unless you can show the otherwise, I’m pretty sure most of the playerbase wants to be able to transmog armor for their Dracthyr.
    I'm willing to bet that the majority of players interested in the dracthyr don't care, which is why you're only hearing from the vocal minority who seem to think that seeing transmog in combat makes or breaks a class (while seemingly ignoring the Druid class).

1+ Year Old Account
    I'm pretty sure they stated that due to the shape of the Dracthyr's head, and sheer number of customizable options, helmets in Dracthyr form weren't happening.
    The shape of the Dracthyr’s head isn’t that different from Worgen or Tauren.
    Horns aren’t an issue either. See Demon Hunters

I'm willing to bet that the majority of players interested in the dracthyr don't care, which is why you're only hearing from the vocal minority who seem to think that seeing transmog in combat makes or breaks a class (while seemingly ignoring the Druid class).
    Also ignoring the fact that a majority of Druids are resto or Balance spec.
    And I don’t know about you but I don’t think I’ve seen a balance Druid using their moonkin form at max level in ages. Every one I’ve seen is using the glyph of the stars.

I guarantee that if they still can’t transmog armor by the time Alpha launches the number of forum posts/feedback asking for the change will only increase.

EDIT: I honestly even expect YouTubers to pile on to it as well until blizzard eventually caves.
    At a minimum they will do whatever they can to make visage forms work in combat.
    Last edited by Nightshade711; 2022-07-07 at 03:09 PM.
    Chen isn't a Monk

Hi, Druid since 2005, having MORE customizations and options for a class/race is ALWAYS a better thing. Anyone who wants to argue for less is disingenious.

I get you haven't likely played Druid very much, or you would understand how silly you sound, but every time Blizzard has introduced an option to customize your Bear or Cat form it has been universally hailed as awesome by the Druid community.

We want more options, we want to be able to customize our forms. Armor doesn't make as much sense, since when we shift we aren't humanoids any longer..... just like it wouldn't make sense if the Dracthyr shifted into real dragons like both YOU and I wanted prior to their preliminary release. If they were on all 4s and looked like a dragon, I'd agree with you, armor would look silly. However, the ability to customize how you look would not.

As it is however, you are getting humanoid draconic beings that can absolutely wear armor (as the picture you keep linking has shown), and Blizzard has shown they can make the armor work with the model skeleton they are using (Worgen), so not giving them the option to wear armor while they are in the "true" form is dde

10+ Year Old Account
    The shape of the Dracthyr’s head isn’t that different from Worgen or Tauren.
    Horns aren’t an issue either. See Demon Hunters
    Worgen and Tauren all have the same head shape and have FAR less head options that the Dracthyr are going to have.

Also ignoring the fact that a majority of Druids are resto or Balance spec.
    Actually there's more Guardian Druids than Restos.

https://wowanalytica.com/statistics

And I don’t know about you but I don’t think I’ve seen a balance Druid using their moonkin form at max level in ages. Every one I’ve seen is using the glyph of the stars.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZH2DXsFc15E

There ya go.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gumble View Post
    I get you haven't likely played Druid very much, or you would understand how silly you sound, but every time Blizzard has introduced an option to customize your Bear or Cat form it has been universally hailed as awesome by the Druid community.
    Where did I ever say that Druid players don't want more options in their forms?

*I* said that the lack of transmog in combat has not curbed the popularity of the Druid class.

That's Teriz in a nutshell. He dismisses forum posts, but has no problem in using forum posts when they back up his claims.

In short: the exact same evidence that supports his claims, suddenly don't count as evidence anymore when they go against his narrative, as shown in this very thread.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by loras View Post

You forget that Dracthyr Evocers are both a race and a class. So comparing their combat forms to druid combat forms is fair play. Also, Blizzard already said that their visage forms are more important than the worgen's two forms racial.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Actually there's more Guardian Druids than Restos.

https://wowanalytica.com/statistics
    It doesn't change the fact that the majority of druids-- 64,95% in the US realms, 68,85% in EU-- are indeed either Balance or Restoration spec. Also, in the EU, the number of Restoration druids does surpass the number of Guardian druids.

1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    It doesn't change the fact that the majority of druids-- 64,95% in the US realms, 68,85% in EU-- are indeed either Balance or Restoration spec. Also, in the EU, the number of Restoration druids does surpass the number of Guardian druids.
    Overall the difference between Resto and Guardian is barely .1% anyways.

But even then the other DPS spec, Feral, is far below those two.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    You forget that Dracthyr Evocers are both a race and a class. So comparing their combat forms to druid combat forms is fair play. Also, Blizzard already said that their visage forms are more important than the worgen's two forms racial.
    If their base form wasn’t a Dracthyr then I’d understand.
    If the DEs were only a class and the base form was any of the other races then I’d be fine with no transmog.

If we can viably fight in visage form after all I might not care as much about not transmogging armor for my Dracthyr form though.
    Chen isn't a Monk

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    You do know that the default balance combat form doesn't show transmog right? So within that 65% and 69% there are balance druids who are using the standard Moonkin form. Further, I would argue that it's probably the majority, especially among Zandalari Balance Druids.

1+ Year Old Account
    You do know that the default balance combat form doesn't show transmog right? So within that 65% and 69% there are balance druids who are using the standard Moonkin form. Further, I would argue that it's probably the majority, especially among Zandalari Balance Druids.
    Yes. Zandalari. Who are barely 4% of the population.
    I’d imagine they are a very small segment of the balance Druid population too.

Still the fact is, a majority of balance Druids use the glyph of the stars.
    If you pay attention you’d see it too.

Overall… it would be better for the race as a whole if they could transmog armor, and you can’t argue that.

If druids could wear armor in their forms, everyone would love it.
    Last edited by Nightshade711; 2022-07-07 at 04:16 PM.
    Chen isn't a Monk

I think it's abundantly clear, NOBODY (except Teriz) is fine with all the current limitations on the Dracthyr Evoker.

They're clearly very humanoid, so the idea that they can't wear armor can literally ONLY be the result of laziness. Again, they made it work for Worgen and Tauren, who are far more outlandish than the initial Dracthyr design.

So again, it leaves only two acceptable options:

- Let them wear armor just like any traditional race, or

- Go all-in on the DRAGON appearance and truly make it worthwhile

I think if you go with the former, it still leaves players wondering "if they're so human-looking, why can't they be other classes?". And also, "if they're basically lizard-people, why can't other races learn to use those same dragon magics?" (not necessarily saying I agree with that latter statement, but it's obviously going to be asked)

But if you go all-out on a proper DRAGON aesthetic for them, I think you wind up with something much more exciting. Because even though they would still be breaking the mold from traditional races, I think it would also make FAR more sense in that case. I wouldn't expect Malygos or Alexstasza to run around as Warriors, because they can clearly just shift into actual DRAGONS to do combat. Even for a smaller dragon, it would make sense that they would be reliant on their TRUE form when they're in danger.