Page 41 of 56 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Herald of the Titans Nightshade711's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Claymore View Post
    I think it's abundantly clear, NOBODY (except Teriz) is fine with all the current limitations on the Dracthyr Evoker.

They're clearly very humanoid, so the idea that they can't wear armor can literally ONLY be the result of laziness. Again, they made it work for Worgen and Tauren, who are far more outlandish than the initial Dracthyr design.

So again, it leaves only two acceptable options:

- Let them wear armor just like any traditional race, or

- Go all-in on the DRAGON appearance and truly make it worthwhile

I think if you go with the former, it still leaves players wondering "if they're so human-looking, why can't they be other classes?". And also, "if they're basically lizard-people, why can't other races learn to use those same dragon magics?" (not necessarily saying I agree with that latter statement, but it's obviously going to be asked)

But if you go all-out on a proper DRAGON aesthetic for them, I think you wind up with something much more exciting. Because even though they would still be breaking the mold from traditional races, I think it would also make FAR more sense in that case. I wouldn't expect Malygos or Alexstasza to run around as Warriors, because they can clearly just shift into actual DRAGONS to do combat. Even for a smaller dragon, it would make sense that they would be reliant on their TRUE form when they're in danger.
    I agree with this.
    I only viably see the back/feet slots being hidden because of the wings and their weird feet.
    Everything else makes no sense.

They won’t do it because it’ll just be more work than just letting the Dracthyr wear armor, but I’d even be fine if the tier set appearances could be unlocked in the barber shop so they could be tailored to that form a little more.

Though Ion did say there was the possibility for the Dracthyr to be other classes after Dragonflight because they’re going to integrate with the factions/mortal races.
    In which case they absolutely should be able to transmog armor because blizzard seemed to have a thing with “class silhouettes” which is why we can’t transmog all armor types across characters. (Even though some of the cloth hoods would be perfect for Paladin… and I can wear robes on my warrior anyways because of necrolord)
    Last edited by Nightshade711; 2022-07-07 at 04:40 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Chen isn't a Monk

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightshade711 View Post
    Yes. Zandalari. Who are barely 4% of the population.
    I’d imagine they are a very small segment of the balance Druid population too.
    You seem to be missing the point. The point is that Balance Druids are the majority of Druids, but we have no way of knowing how many are using the glyph and how many are not. Further, even the glyph obscures the armor of the druid player.

Still the fact is, a majority of balance Druids use the glyph of the stars.
    Uh, that's not a fact unless you can provide some hard evidence beyond what you "see". A more likely fact is that the majority of Druid players (some of balance, all of Guardian, and all of Feral) are perfectly fine not showing their armor in combat form.

Overall… it would be better for the race as a whole if they could transmog armor, and you can’t argue that.
    I can certainly argue that because its nothing more than your opinion. An opinion that Blizzard clearly disagrees with.

Which makes your entire argument ultimately pointless. You want what the designers (and players like myself) clearly don't want.
    Last edited by Teriz; 2022-07-07 at 04:44 PM.

1+ Year Old Account
    I can certainly argue that because its nothing more than your opinion. An opinion that Blizzard clearly disagrees with.

Which makes your entire argument ultimately pointless. You want what the designers (and players like myself) clearly don't want.
    So in short you’re basically saying that less customization is better.
    No transmog = less customization.

Which is something that the community overall strongly disagrees with.
    No one, except you, wants less customization. Which is probably why I think you’re a troll that’s just mad you didn’t get Tinkers or the dragons you actually wanted so you want to try and sabotage what you got instead.
    Chen isn't a Monk

I'm fairly sure the huge delay in Dracthyr customization blog is because they are receiving a significant update. NOT a change, but additional options: be it combat-available visage forms or additional body types/armor rigging for the dragon form (I think both are likely, as IDK why visage form combat would take so long to implement considering the reused animations).

1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheezits View Post
    I'm fairly sure the huge delay in Dracthyr customization blog is because they are receiving a significant update. NOT a change, but additional options: be it combat-available visage forms or additional body types/armor rigging for the dragon form (I think both are likely, as IDK why visage form combat would take so long to implement considering the reused animations).
    Agreed. I hope this is the case.
    Adding all these as options would be a great improvement for Dracthyr and could very well make them almost perfect in my option.
    Extra customization will never be a bad thing.
    Chen isn't a Monk

10+ Year Old Account
    So in short you’re basically saying that less customization is better.
    No transmog = less customization.
    See Druids and Worgen (particularly helmets) as a prime example of why transmog isn't always the best option when dealing with "monster/beastial" combat forms.

Which is something that the community overall strongly disagrees with.
    A declarative statement that has no basis in reality.

No one, except you, wants less customization.
    A hilarious statement to make when Dracthyr will have more customization options than any race in the history of WoW.

1+ Year Old Account
    See Druids and Worgen (particularly helmets) as a prime example of why transmog isn't always the best option when dealing with "monster/beastial" combat forms.
    Yes they look bad in your opinion.
    But that’s up to the players if they want to have helmets or not.

A declarative statement that has no basis in reality.
    Lmao
    Must not be paying attention to the community.

A hilarious statement to make when Dracthyr will have more customization options than any race in the history of WoW.
    So it would be ok if they gave Orcs (the current race with the most customization) just a few more options if they couldn’t wear transmog as a result?

But either way, almost everyone transmogs their gear. The community obviously likes the system. It’s a very big miss that the new race can’t take part in it for most of their gameplay.
    Chen isn't a Monk

You do know that the default balance combat form doesn't show transmog right?
    You do know that the Glyph of Stars allows you to see your armor in combat form, even if in starry form, right? In fact, I will mirror @Nightshade711's sentiment and point out that not only none of the Balance druids in my guild use the default moonkin form for Balance, but I haven't seen a moonkin druid in ages, as well. At best, I see kul'tiran and zandalari druids in their basic balance form.

- - - Updated - - -

I think it's abundantly clear, NOBODY (except Teriz) is fine with all the current limitations on the Dracthyr Evoker.

They're clearly very humanoid, so the idea that they can't wear armor can literally ONLY be the result of laziness. Again, they made it work for Worgen and Tauren, who are far more outlandish than the initial Dracthyr design.

So again, it leaves only two acceptable options:

- Let them wear armor just like any traditional race, or

- Go all-in on the DRAGON appearance and truly make it worthwhile
    I second this.

In fact, I'll go one step further: it's possible to do both, making them more dragon-like AND allowing for armor.

You gotta be trolling. Transmog is the biggest customization option ever added to the game. The fact their primary form is left out means they'll never have the most, as even if you want to argue he visage form, there will forever be worgen who get it in both forms, and thus, will have twice as much customization as yout thicc-thighed kobolds.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Myradin View Post
    You gotta be trolling. Transmog is the biggest customization option ever added to the game. The fact their primary form is left out means they'll never have the most, as even if you want to argue he visage form, there will forever be worgen who get it in both forms, and thus, will have twice as much customization as yout thicc-thighed kobolds.
    The Visage form has already shown to be more useful than the Worgen human form. For example, Worgen don't need to turn into humans to mount, but Dracthyr must turn into visage form to ride mounts.

- - - Updated - - -

So it would be ok if they gave Orcs (the current race with the most customization) just a few more options if they couldn’t wear transmog as a result?
    Dracthyr can wear transmog though.

But either way, almost everyone transmogs their gear. The community obviously likes the system. It’s a very big miss that the new race can’t take part in it for most of their gameplay.
    And the Dracthyr CAN wear transmogs.

1+ Year Old Account
    Dracthyr can wear transmog though.

And the Dracthyr CAN wear transmogs.
    The Dracthyr can wear/show less transmogs than the infamous ‘diaper gnome’ Mechagnomes… and you and I both know the community reaction to them.
    Chen isn't a Monk

For the record, I'm content with what we have, with hope of extra bulky/fierce customization options, the lack of armor is a suck but not a deal-breaker.

I just don't like posting in Dracthyr threads because holy shit some people argue in bad faith, and I don't have the energy to deal with that.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Dracthyr can wear/show less transmogs than the infamous ‘diaper gnome’ Mechagnomes… and you and I both know the community reaction to them.
    That’s not a valid comparison. You’re comparing weird cyborg Gnomes with bipedal dragons that have the power of the 5 dragonflights, and can turn into draconic elf/human hybrids out of combat who can wear full transmog.

That’s not a valid comparison. You’re comparing weird cyborg Gnomes with bipedal dragons that have the power of the 5 dragonflights, and can turn into draconic elf/human hybrids out of combat who can wear full transmog.
    And you would be in combat most of the time.

And speaking of "not valid", you're making uncharitable representations of both races. Besides, we're talking about how much gear/transmog they can show.

1+ Year Old Account
    Lots of loaded and opinionated language that misses the point that Mechagnomes can transmog more than Dracthyr.

With the same loaded language someone could say:
    I’m comparing Cybernetic Gnomes that have the best racials in the game numerically, that can return to the original designs of the Titans (the same titans that gave the dragonflights their power) to weird nude mutated winged lizard slave soldiers.
    Chen isn't a Monk

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    And you would be in combat most of the time.
    Which doesn’t stop Druids from being the most popular class in the game. So why would we compare them to Mechagnomes?

And speaking of "not valid", you're making uncharitable representations of both races. Besides, we're talking about how much gear/transmog they can show.
    Again, in visage form, Dracthyr can show their transmog entirely.

- - - Updated - - -

Lots of loaded and opinionated language that misses the point that Mechagnomes can transmog more than Dracthyr.
    So are we going to simply ignore the fact that Dracthyr have a visage form that shows 100% of their transmog?

With the same loaded language someone could say:
    I’m comparing Cybernetic Gnomes that have the best racials in the game numerically, that can return to the original designs of the Titans (the same titans that gave the dragonflights their power) to weird nude mutated winged lizard slave soldiers.
    The best racials in the game mean squat if the race feels out of place among the existing classes.

Which doesn’t stop Druids from being the most popular class in the game.
    Which are also one of the most famous fantasy RPG class, as well as having a different form for each spec, that you can heavily customize with different forms and races, as well as allowing you to still show off your transmog in two of their four specs. Also, they're a race, not a class.

So why would we compare them to Mechagnomes?
    Because mechagnomes, unlike druids, are a race, not a class.

Again, in visage form, Dracthyr can show their transmog entirely.
    Which again means little since, as it is, you'll spend the overwhelming majority of time in anorexic salamander form because you'll be in combat.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Which are also one of the most famous fantasy RPG class, as well as having a different form for each spec, that you can heavily customize with different forms and races, as well as allowing you to still show off your transmog in two of their four specs.
    The point is if not seeing your transmog in combat form, the Druid class wouldn’t be as popular as it is.

Also, they're a race, not a class.
    The race is completely tied to the Evoker class. Per Blizzard they’re one in the same.

Because mechagnomes, unlike druids, are a race, not a class.
    We were comparing Mechagnomes to Dracthyr, not to Druids.

Which again means little since, as it is, you'll spend the overwhelming majority of time in anorexic salamander form because you'll be in combat.
    A 9 ft tall reptilian creature built like Shaq is considered anorexic now?

Also you’re talking about spending your time essentially being a dragon utilizing the powers of the 5 Dragonflights. You’re delusional if you think that won’t be appealing to the player base.

7+ Year Old Account
    Yes. Zandalari. Who are barely 4% of the population.
    I’d imagine they are a very small segment of the balance Druid population too.

Still the fact is, a majority of balance Druids use the glyph of the stars.
    If you pay attention you’d see it too.

Overall… it would be better for the race as a whole if they could transmog armor, and you can’t argue that.

If druids could wear armor in their forms, everyone would love it.
    Source on majority of druids using glyph of stars?
    Also yeah 1 race is 4% of the pop... ok and what about all the other druid-able races?

- - - Updated - - -

nah, most people are, y'all are just obscene.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

1+ Year Old Account
    The point is if not seeing your transmog in combat form, the Druid class wouldn’t be as popular as it is.
    Because druids aren’t a race. They’re a class that can also fill every role in the game. (Tank, Healer, RDPS, MDPS)

The race is completely tied to the Evoker class. Per Blizzard they’re one in the same.
    Until after DF where they could be getting more classes, as per Ion.
    In which case you’ve got a race that’s practically naked at all times during most gameplay.

Oh boy I can’t wait to get the gladiator set on my Evoker and not be able to see it at all during gameplay. (Unless Blizzard actually goes through with letting them fight in visage form)

A 9 ft tall reptilian creature built like Shaq is considered anorexic now?
    Lmao they’re nothing close to Shaq. There’s no way you can actually compare the two and say they’re similar in any way with a straight face.
    Hell, as for height we’ve never actually seen them next to any of the other races.
    Last edited by Nightshade711; 2022-07-08 at 03:47 AM.
    Chen isn't a Monk