Thread: Kindness

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowflakesz View Post
    Did you write a message?
    Did you say anything, did you tell them about your impairment?

If not, then I don't think you can blame them, at all.
    It's an unfortunate reality, that in this game there is a lot of leeches.
    People who want the reap the rewards, but not put in the work.
    In LFR, Time-walking, Dungeons, Pug raids and even regular raiding.

Dead weight need to be rooted out, this is the reality that is WoW.

I'm sorry this happened to you.
    The best you can do, at the start of any activity, write a message, tell people about your limitations.
    No one is obligated to carry you through anything, but there's a good chance people will be understanding, if you're upfront with them.

If not, this is likely not the last time you will be removed, under the assumptions of being a low performing, low effort leech. And rightly so.
    You seem like one of those kind of "My behavior isn't toxic, it's actually the people who aren't any good at the game who are toxic" kind of toxic people. Hopefully I'm wrong there! But you sure are hitting all their beats.

In any case, TC, if you really are 100% serious here, run away from any Blizzard game, because this behavior and general attitude is EXTREMELY prevalent among almost all of their games. The only ones where it isn't, are the ones where they don't allow users to talk to each other.

Hardcore raiders hijacked WoW and cultivated the game to their tastes and excluded everyone else.

are such threads really still needed in 2022? for 3 pages? just to derail a personal „boohoo i was kicked“ (for whatever reason, no pun intended) thread into a generalized discussion, repeated a million on mmoc? i really don’t know…

seriously: don’t ppl get tired, writing the same shit over and over, at some point?

Quote Originally Posted by Rageonit View Post
    That something technically works does not mean it works as intended. Pretty sure if you'd asked the devs if they intended to develop a system that lets you kick people out of groups for no good reason, they'd deny it. It's simply an unfortunate side effect of the system; saying that it works as intended only because you're able to kick people out of groups is pretty narrow minded. There's just no better system in place, that's all there is to it.
    Are you the arbiter of intentions? And no good reason? It is totally within reason for 4 people who want to do something fast to remove 1 person holding that back. System is working as intended.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilookfly View Post
    Are you the arbiter of intentions? And no good reason? It is totally within reason for 4 people who want to do something fast to remove 1 person holding that back. System is working as intended.
    Okay dude, whatever floats your boat. I'd rather be kind and respectful towards strangers (especially if I agree to do stuff with them by using the group finder tool). If it's not obvious to you (and it may not be), those 4 people do it faster at the expense of the 5th guy not doing it at all, but I guess by the rule of math 4 people being slightly happier about dungeon speed trumps 1 guy feeling miserable...?

Oh well, who am I talking to anyway? Judging by your argument, you don't care anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellobolis View Post
    honestly, the kicks for low performances are quite rare these days, as long as you do anything people are happy
    Yeah, when I tank TW (can't be bothered to wait as dps) I don't give a fuck how much damage you do as long as you do some.

There are different kinds of "being slow" like the OP says he is. If I pull and every time it takes 10s for a player to show up on the damage meters I'm in kick the lazy twat territory too. Just press some button, any button at all that does damage, and I don't mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Greyvax View Post
    if someone initiated a vote-to-kick, and the rest of the group agreed, then the system is working as intended.
    I bet if you go into a random group and after a few minutes pick a random person in the group and initiate a vote-to-kick, that person will get kicked in 90% of the cases. Even the tank. I've seen that many times, i always clicked no but they still get kicked and really fast.

Quote Originally Posted by Yriel View Post
    I bet if you go into a random group and after a few minutes pick a random person in the group and initiate a vote-to-kick, that person will get kicked in 90% of the cases. Even the tank. I've seen that many times, i always clicked no but they still get kicked and really fast.
    I bet you it wouldn't be anywhere near 90% of the time. And if you've seen it many times you were probably unaware of what is actually happening in the group

10+ Year Old Account
    It's baffling how many people in Timewalking is doing less than 1k dps overall.

The kick system is stupid though. Start a vote kick in a group and write "Don't kick him" as the reason and people will still get him kicked.
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Schwert View Post
    Plenty of people do.
    Just not you, apparently.
    If TW didn't give a free Heroic raid piece literally no one would do it. It's mindless, piss-easy, boring content that we've done 1000 times before. Plus they pick the absolute worst dungeons to put in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rusken View Post
    If TW didn't give a free Heroic raid piece literally no one would do it. It's mindless, piss-easy, boring content that we've done 1000 times before. Plus they pick the absolute worst dungeons to put in it.
    Its a normal piece, not even heroic. Except for the first week, its not even really worth your time to do it. Assuming you can do at least a +8, you're better off grinding m+.

Me caring or not does not matter in the end. All I was saying is that the system is working as intended. Weather me or you like that has nothing to do with it.

One could also ask, is the cost of 4 peoples fun worth the fun of 1 person? Well, in this particular case, maybe. But consider all the situations that could occur. At what point do you limit 4 people to remove 1? If you do it will be exploited and used to troll for sure. Sometimes one simply has to live in the real world and accept that ones way of playing is not wanted and take it as an adult. Your feels, my feelings does not matter. In the end, having 4 happy players is better than having 4 angry players and 1 happy player.
    Last edited by Ilookfly; 2022-07-08 at 06:01 PM.

Not on OP: Still seeing people on these forums shouting WoW is so toxic, while showing shitty behavior themselves. Not exclusively on mmo-c of course.

Be fucking nice, or people will actually call you out on it. Which is then those in question will once again shout "so toxic" while ignoring their own bad behavior. You will never win.

Most people will find a good time in games, cause most people are nice. There are many who gets treated unfairly, no doubt, but there are those who are so blatantly doing this victim game while being incredibly toxic at the same time. For those the issue is:

Yourself

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    It's not about ''deserving'' it that's a weird perspective to try and take. Just ignore it and move on. That's like life 101 or something...

You think she's the only one ever to receive a nasty message online? The world keeps spinning just do what you enjoy and ignore negativity.
    My wife was a child refugee who served in the US military. She doesn't need you to lecture her on "life". She did move on, right on to games that actually ban people for bad behavior.
    "stop puting you idiotic liberal words into my mouth"
    -ynnady

Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    My wife was a child refugee who served in the US military. She doesn't need you to lecture her on "life". She did move on, right on to games that actually ban people for bad behavior.
    If she can move on it sounds like you need to as well and stop bringing it up every other thread as if it matters.

Quote Originally Posted by ellieg View Post
    If she can move on it sounds like you need to as well and stop bringing it up every other thread as if it matters.
    If the conversation is about the toxicity of the community in the game, and all you have to contribute is "Go away if you don't like rape threats", I don't really know what to tell you except "Thanks for proving our point."

This is a cartoon video game marketed at children, and there is something seriously wrong if this kind of behavior is so incredibly important to you that you get angry and emotional at the notion that people should stop doing it.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm talking to you, not your wife you're the one hung up about it I've heard this story from you multiple times now.

Also not sure what a child refugee had to do with life lessons? Another weird perspective lol. Also the child served in the US military? The 18+ year old child? So you adopted a grown ass man who served in the US military???
    She's from Rwanda. She was 10 in 1994. Her family fled to the US. We met in 2008 when she was a military officer and I was a contractor.

- - - Updated - - -

It's amazing how many people show up to a thread about community behavior and toxicity, and then complain that people are talking about... community behavior and toxicity. We didn't come to your house and start talking about this. This is what this thread is about.
    -ynnady

If the conversation is about the toxicity of the community in the game, and all you have to contribute is "Go away if you don't like rape threats", I don't really know what to tell you except "Thanks for proving our point."

This is a cartoon video game marketed at children, and there is something seriously wrong if this kind of behavior is so incredibly important to you that you get angry and emotional at the notion that people should stop doing it.
    No I'm saying that repeatedly bringing up the fact that some manchild hundreds of miles away sent a message to your wife in a child's video game saying "i rape u" sucks but if ur wife can get over this horrific incident then you should too. Cause that's what ppl do. Realize its text with zero actual intent or threat, and move on. Talk to your wife for tips abt it.

Yes toxicity is bad. No toxicity will never be 0. At the same time as ppl needing to be mature adults and not be toxic, you need to be an adult and get thicker skin and some perspective.

No I'm saying that repeatedly bringing up the fact that some manchild hundreds of miles away sent a message to your wife in a child's video game saying "i rape u" sucks but if ur wife can get over this horrific incident then you should too. Cause that's what ppl do. Realize its text with zero actual intent or threat, and move on. Talk to your wife for tips abt it.
    And the guy that used her character name to find her online and then started whispering to her the name of the school our daughter was going to at the time? Just ignore that too?

Yes toxicity is bad. No toxicity will never be 0. At the same time as ppl needing to be mature adults and not be toxic, you need to be an adult and get thicker skin and some perspective.
    What's amazing is how hard it is for some people to simply say "That's terrible. Blizzard needs to do a better job on this." It's apparently so intrinsic to some peoples' enjoyment of the game that the community be this wretched cesspool that they will engage in any level of dismissiveness and deflection to get around it.
    -ynnady

And the guy that used her character name to find her online and then started whispering to her the name of the school our daughter was going to at the time? Just ignore that too?

What's amazing is how hard it is for some people to simply say "That's terrible. Blizzard needs to do a better job on this." It's apparently so intrinsic to some peoples' enjoyment of the game that the community be this wretched cesspool that they will engage in any level of dismissiveness and deflection to get around it.
    How did he get her info? I guess you shld instruct her to not share real life info instead. Thats a disaster waiting to happen. I hope the police report helped you catch the guy.

There is nothing blizzard can do that will stop 4 players in a dungeon from kicking the 5th for various reasons. You know the topic of this thread. Not the "my wife was almost raped" blog you keep trying to turn this and other threads into

How did he get her info? I guess you shld instruct her to not share real life info instead. Thats a disaster waiting to happen. I hope the police report helped you catch the guy.
    Her character name was fairly unique and it was easy to google that and find her. But once again, we see the victim blaming from people like you.

There is nothing blizzard can do that will stop 4 players in a dungeon from kicking the 5th for various reasons. You know the topic of this thread. Not the "my wife was almost raped" blog you keep trying to turn this and other threads into
    Blizzard could have rules against kicking people for no reason, or here is a crazy idea: Stop fostering a cesspool community in the first place by pushing out the sort of people that do things like making creepy excuses for people that threaten grade school children by harassing their parents.

- - - Updated - - -

It is terrible. It's a friggin given that somebody trying to find somebody else irl to do horrible things to them is terrible and the obvious does not need to be stated all the time. That you need to hear people say the obvious says more about you then them. Stop starving for validation and move on guy.

Your little story has nothing to do with 'toxicity' in wow either.
    Right, this kept happening in wow over and over and over and over and over again but never happens in any of the other games she plays because..... big coincidence!
    -ynnady