Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilookfly View Post
    They are releasing 8 dungeons. Just 4 of them will be doable in m+ season 1 however.
    Oh interesting, I missed that detail, nice! I still think the borrowed power systems are what take up the bulk of the team's efforts. They should hopefully be able to churn out 8 dungeons and 1 raid without worrying about covenants and all of that. Consider how complicated and time consuming it is to do four different convenant campaigns, conduits, soulbinds, etc. Or in BFA the azerite armor, heart of azeroth, quests for that. Point is, I'm optimistic the professions system will be robust enough to provide content for players and the talent system is just going to be an ongoing iteration (it provides them a ton of knobs to turn for class balance, which means small changes can easily be made on the fly - one of the biggest benefits of talents IMO).
    Check out my Ret Paladin YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/VarabenGaming

#RETPRESENT

Can someone provide a TL;DR? Can you craft a set of high quality gear for yourself without having to do premade instanced content like m+, raiding or rated battlegrounds?

Quote Originally Posted by Echo of Soul View Post
    Can someone provide a TL;DR? Can you craft a set of high quality gear for yourself without having to do premade instanced content like m+, raiding or rated battlegrounds?
    No, you can't. Mats for best items are soulbound, you have to provide them yourself, and you get them in high end content.

It reads like you need drops from those types of content to make gear of that level, but you will be able to make very strong gear without having to do a ton of the higher level content. The details are still forthcoming.

Also it sounds like you can equip 5 pieces of gear (2h weapons count as 2) from crafting, so you'll still have to get gear elsewhere. It does not read like you will be able to farm mats in the world and do world quests to get mythic-level gear. Frankly if they're limiting it to 5, I'm not sure why they put this kind of limitation on the quality of the gear.

Your overall gear level will still be terrible if you have 5 mythic gear pieces then dungeon blues. I wonder if it will be more like "You can equip 5 items of X quality at a time" to allow you to use decent crafted gear in most/all slots? It's not 100% ironed out or explained in the post, but I'm sure we will see more blue posts on the specifics.
    Check out my Ret Paladin YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/VarabenGaming

#RETPRESENT

No, but you can craft it for someone else if they have the soulbound mats.
    It's the best way to do this system without making it borderline pay to win.

Quote Originally Posted by Rageonit View Post
    No, you can't. Mats for best items are soulbound, you have to provide them yourself, and you get them in high end content.
    So I think the crafter could also provide the BOP items right? I'm not sure why they wouldn't be able to, then combine those into a crafting order for a player. (It says some BOP reagents MAY be required to submit the crafting order while others can be provided by the crafter, so it's not clear yet how this will work)

-Here's the quote: "When placing an order, there are three options that you can set for who can fulfill it: available to anyone, guild-members only, or a specific individual. Tradeable reagents can be provided by you or the crafter while certain special reagents may only be provided by one or the other. In particular, Soulbound reagents will often need to be provided by you when placing an order for a Soulbound item."
    Last edited by Varaben; 2022-07-08 at 01:37 PM.

#RETPRESENT

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azadina View Post
    Cool. Where was the other half of WoD then? They had time. They had A LOT of it.
    It was in legion as they’d rather work on that then put the effort into Wod.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

People who complain about this obviously don't know how much better the crafting in FFXIV is and why Blizzard decided to change the WoW one to that.

Holy moly. They literally re-invented professions to be more engaging and meaningful, and yet people still talk shit like "give me classic professions". Wow
    Not to mention that there are people who ask for TL;DR for a thread that takes 10 minutes to consume with understanding. These people don't need this game to get more engaging indeed, on contrary, Blizzard should develop auto-navigation for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Varaben View Post
    So I think the crafter could also provide the BOP items right? I'm not sure why they wouldn't be able to, then combine those into a crafting order for a player. (It says some BOP reagents MAY be required to submit the crafting order while others can be provided by the crafter, so it's not clear yet how this will work)

-Here's the quote: "When placing an order, there are three options that you can set for who can fulfill it: available to anyone, guild-members only, or a specific individual. Tradeable reagents can be provided by you or the crafter while certain special reagents may only be provided by one or the other. In particular, Soulbound reagents will often need to be provided by you when placing an order for a Soulbound item."
    The person requesting the craft for soulbind items (like high end gear) is usually the one that must provide the BoP mats, as it says in what you quoted.

A crafter cannot provide these unless they are crafting for themselves.

Overall the intent is pretty clear to me, high end crafted gear is not meant to be an alternative to doing instanced content for gear. It is meant as a supplement/bad luck protection. You can't get a mythic level piece of crafted gear unless you are doing mythic raids/high mythic+/high rated PvP to get the BoP mats to provide to the crafter, and you can't make use a full set of crafted gear regardless even if you had the materials.

Quote Originally Posted by korijenkins View Post
    It is, but the white knights will never concede that. It'll be framed as reinventing something that was boring.

The hard truth is, simple professions were better. Crafting gems, enchanting gear, etc. Selling stuff on AH. Give me that. Not this nonsense garbage with tiers.
    I honestly don’t mind the idea of work orders, that seems kinda nice. As far as the tiers and stuff yeah that seems like another time sink to make professions seem like a mini game which is just dumb.

Idk why they don’t just use the wotlk system for professions where you just straight up get a massive bonus depending on the profession you have.

One thing I do hope though is that the high end content involves more than just getting an orb from a boss. Like gathering resources inside of the instances, or using a particular forge or workstation inside while your party has to keep away the waves of enemies or something. That would add a whole lot more adventure, effort and depth to professions.

Quote Originally Posted by Woods123 View Post
    I honestly don’t mind the idea of work orders, that seems kinda nice. As far as the tiers and stuff yeah that seems like another time sink to make professions seem like a mini game which is just dumb.

Idk why they don’t just use the wotlk system for professions where you just straight up get a massive bonus depending on the profession you have.
    "massive bonus" what..?
    Dude they were small bonuses, not massive, and that wouldnt fix the problem, all it would bring back is
    "You are a warlock you HAVE to be engineering and tailoring"
    no options, and no fun, just "you are X class, you MUST have Y profession"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Iain View Post
    One thing I do hope though is that the high end content involves more than just getting an orb from a boss. Like gathering resources inside of the instances, or using a particular forge or workstation inside while your party has to keep away the waves of enemies or something. That would add a whole lot more adventure, effort and depth to professions.
    fuck that, i do not want to stop raid for 20 minutes to afk while bro crafs a shit ton of items.
    nor do i want people to come to raid just to get to the "anvil" then to ditch once they are done crafting.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    "massive bonus" what..?
    Dude they were small bonuses, not massive, and that wouldnt fix the problem, all it would bring back is
    "You are a warlock you HAVE to be engineering and tailoring"
    no options, and no fun, just "you are X class, you MUST have Y profession"

- - - Updated - - -

fuck that, i do not want to stop raid for 20 minutes to afk while bro crafs a shit ton of items.
    nor do i want people to come to raid just to get to the "anvil" then to ditch once they are done crafting.
    Yeah I mean they were pretty massive considering it’s just from a profession. And I’m not saying literally use the exact same bonuses wotlk had, but maybe come up with some new ones to make them more balanced for flavor so you can choose some.

I mean I wouldn’t be upset if they didn’t use it jsut an idea because to me that kinda made professions worth it and fun to go for.

Herald of the Titans RaoBurning's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    FF14 didnt require you to raid to take part in a meaningful way. Its like blizzard missed the most key part: make it relevent even if you arent a raider.

Comparing this to the FFXIV system is very disgenuine. Very little RNG in the FFXIV system and the end product is itself not a product of RNG. Its only comparable if you know little of either system and just skimmed over how they work.
    Oui, I only had a passing knowledge of the crafting and gathering in 14 before it changed. Hadn't been playing that long. Clearly I misunderstood the exact nature of the Endwalker changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Shakzor View Post
    FF14 still has HQ graded items. They only took out HQ gathered materials. You can still make HQ Ingots for example to use on other crafts, but no HQ iron ore to make the ingot.
    Yep I derped. Big mea culpa mood.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    This is America. We always have warm dead bodies.
    if we had confidence that the President clearly did not commit a crime, we would have said that.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    That's the beauty, you don't have to. That makes the items that are crafted this way more scarce.

Sounds pretty good for the most part, though their insistrnce to lock the highest tiers of gear behind premadr group content is yet again annoying.

I mean why not make it so that, in example, mythic drops 10x that high quality item, heroic 5 times and normal 1, with the catch that they don't add up, as in; get 1 from normal? heroic only drops 4 now, mythic 9//got 10 from mythic? Heroic and normal drop 0 now. This would allow bad (and unlucky) players a continued chance at better gear.

Still, the bulk of it sounds pretty nice... in theory anyhow. Let's see how it works out in practice though.

And who knows, perhaps soloqueue will work out well.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

What a bag of shit if that is true. So raiders now just get the best gear from drops and crafting? Is this just for smithing and what not or will my enchants be worse compared to a raider? Will they get +40 Spell power while mine will be +20 for example?

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Depends on what you consider "high quality gear".

If you're talking about Mythic, then no, you need to run mythic raids/M+ in order to get gear on that level crafted as you'll need to provide the crafter (or yourself) with the bop mythic mats.

If you mean on the level of normal raids then yes, you can. As you will be able to farm the bop mats for that tier out in "dangerous areas of the world".

What I am wondering, is if the materials are going to be content specific or generic for the "high end gear" that counts toward the 5/5. IE: I cannot stand M+, but I love rated pvp. Will the materials I earn from rated pvp be usable only for crafted pvp gear or for any high end gear? (will there even BE crafted pvp specific gear?)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Iain View Post
    While I agree, this sounds like way more fun.

Can you image it in a pug?

"Hey guys I'm a BS I'm gonna go use this special forge to smelt some bars for a belt I want"

-you have been removed from the group- vs "Hey sure man go ahead"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Deadite View Post
    What a bag of shit if that is true. So raiders now just get the best gear from drops and crafting? Is this just for smithing and what not or will my enchants be worse compared to a raider? Will they get +40 Spell power while mine will be +20 for example?
    The special bop mat items (the 5/5 items) are just for actual gear slots (Tailoring, blacksmithing, leatherworkng, Jewelcrafting, etc). if I understand it correctly, enchants will still have quality, but you wont need to be a mythic raider to enchant your gear with the best enchants.
    Last edited by AcidicSyn; 2022-07-08 at 05:58 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    "Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never....BURN IT"
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    You are kinda joe Roganing this topic. Hardly have any actual knowledge other than what people have told you, and jumping into a discussion with people who have direct experience with it. Don't be Joe Rogan.

Quote Originally Posted by AcidicSyn View Post
    While I agree, this sounds like way more fun.

Can you image it in a pug?

"Hey guys I'm a BS I'm gonna go use this special forge to smelt some bars for a belt I want"

-you have been removed from the group- vs "Hey sure man go ahead"
    Naturally, but then the player could start offering a payment after they've completed it or whatever. The point is that these type of hoops someone has to jump through make items harder to obtain in ways that are more interesting than merely using mats with a low drop rate.