Hades - 9/10 - would have been 10/10 but for 100% completion you need a lot of farming.

7+ Year Old Account
    Resident Evil Village

8/10

Good game but it feels like they just wanted to remake RE4 before remaking RE4
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Dragon Warrior VII and Final Fantasy Tactics, both 10/10.
    Last edited by Tonkaden; 2022-06-27 at 06:08 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Severed Steel [9/10]

Probably the weirdest yet best description would be "SUPERHOT minus the 'time only moves when you move' gimmick"; hordes of enemies that can kill you in a blink of an eye and your only defense is to use speed and crazy acrobatics to dodge the hail of bullets. Since your character has only 1 arm, you can't reload so you're constantly having to dive into the fray to pick up new weapons to defend yourself.

Great soundtrack too (68 tracks/3.5 hours of drum&bass) on top of a fun game for like $15 on the summer sale. Plus, I think the game was made by like 1 dude, so bonus points for that.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shredder's Revenge 8.5/10

Struck by nostalgia. I was 5 when I played a TMNT game on NES the first time. That was lots of fun. This was lots of fun!

10+ Year Old Account
    Disciples: Liberation: 8/10.

"OMG it's not that holy game from 20 years ago blessed by god and sanctioned by church! 0/10" - typical Metacritic boomer cultist.

Imagine having a Heroes game without the bull, but with RPG-like elements like companions, dialogues and choices. That's Disciples: Liberation.

I never heard of this franchise and stumbled on it absolutely accidentally in a running Steam Sale for a complete steal price, IMO. I play the shit out of it for few days straight now and have a lot of fun. Still did not finish it 40 hours in, I understand it's about 60-80 hours campaign with multiple endings.

It gives you Heroes-like tactical combat with interesting units and powers, as well as story and world not unlike you'd expect in actual RPG game. Now, granted - it's not quite Heroes and is far from Dragon Age, but the game is pretty and sleek and there is a lot of voice acting and interesting characters and interactions.

The game is pointed at a bit more mature audience, given you practically can bang whatever moves with accompanying colorful text to help the imagination, as well as many dark jokes and non-jokes. But the world is rather vibrant and colorful - you have your doom and gloom evil dark areas and torture dungeons and you also have happy sunny fields.

The story is pretty decent, the world itself is a standard stock RPG medieval fantasy with humans, elves, undead and demons as major factions you balance between based on your choices in main and side quests you complete. You yourself represent an independent faction that can mix and match the units from the other 4 as you see fit in your own city.

The UI is sleek, but at times annoying - it's clearly being aimed at consoles so UI is appropriate, although some elements of it are daunting and eyebrow rising, but at least when it comes to combat it works well enough.

The gameplay is very Heroes-like, you move on your horse over the area map, gather resources and interact with NPCs and points of interest to progress quests and/or initiate combat. In combat you are switched to tactical map like in Heroes where you control your units, companions and protagonist. Units have 3 abilities each - a standard attack of some sort, "ultimate" with 3-5 rounds CD and a passive that does something - all 3 are very different from unit to unit and can be just about anything from simple damage or heal to AoE, Buffs/Debuffs and what not.

For example Necromancer unit's standard attack is a uppercut scythe swing that raises bone spikes in a line over 5 tiles that damage and bleed targets, ultimate is some sort of toxic storm ranged AoE that confuses enemies and leaves tainted area that damages and debuffs for 3 rounds and passive is if you kill anything with other 2 abilities - you raise undead minion based on what you killed. This is a mid-tier unit there are much more and less powerful ones.

You can bring limited amount of such units (based on your level/story progression) + 2 companions with you to combat. Stronger units take more "space" in party, so you can't just bring 500 dragons.

Every faction has a dozen+ units like that of various powers, costs and requirements that you can bring with you - if you have been a good boy with that particular faction and built the appropriate building in your city.

Companions are special units that are usually a much more powerful versions of standard units (Necromancer companion you get in Act 1 is practically a jacked up version of the above).

Your hero is also a unit on battlefield with a full spellbook of unique spells and abilities depending on your (eventual) class choice and talent setup. You can respec and change class for almost free in your base anytime.

The game is well voiced, it's not 100% voice acting, but I'd say 50% is there for all the main quest and companion interactions.

Overall - if you wanted a Heroes game with more fighting and less management + some more substantial RPG experience. This game will be good for you and at a discount it is sold now, IMO it's a deal.

double dragon 3 nes 8/10

When i was a kid i couldnt even past the 1st scenario.hardest of them all 3 in my own words. Beat it after 20 times trying, if only i knew that damn chinese character was fast with those hands... good ol beat em up.

No Man's Sky

4/10 but I think that's because I think the genre of crafting and "survival" and all the busy work that comes with it isn't my bag. I think I played a few hours and I don't think I got past the introduction questline before I was just bored and didn't want to continue.

The Quarry - 8/10

The story is just as good as Until Dawn and the acting is actually better. Great actors, good writing, good story, good everything.

The only place it falls off is with the gameplay. The QTE this time use just the analog stick unless you mess around with accessibility(maybe because ps5 face buttons are no longer color coded?). Anyway, point is the QTE is a lot easier this time, and the "hold still" option is now just holding down a button instead of actually holding the controller still. So it is much easier(with the exception of aiming). However, the game auto-saves with each step and I mean instantly, and you can't skip scenes(that I can figure out). You also can't chapter select till you beat it once, so you can very easily lock yourself in to a doomed run that you can't restart(unless you start completely over) until you beat it, or make/miss a shot and get a terrible ending.(to be fair, they don't really classify the endings as good or bad...but yeah, there are some REALLY different endings and some of them are absolutely terrible) It doesn't help some of the decisions that have a major impact are rather arbitrary.

To fix this they should add the option to skip cut-scene segments, which would greatly increase replayability. If they have already patched this in, I'd raise it to an 8.5. Also, the chapter select should stay no matter what state your current save is in(right now if you select a previous chapter, I believe you are locked out of chapter select until you get back to credits again).

Just small, easy things to fix that make a big difference. If you could skip cutscenes, it would promote replayability. Surprisingly good accessibility options, amazing graphics. Good game with flaws. Patched Until Dawn is a better experience, but if cut scenes were skippable so the game could be more easily navigated after beating it, this would still win.
    Last edited by Zenfoldor; 2022-07-05 at 09:54 PM.

WoW: Shadowlands

It was better than I expected. Up till last Walburgis I hadn't touched it, just fumed at the silly main story you could follow up on youtube videos and such. When I actually sat down to play it I was at first underwhelmed. Bastion felt dull and I didn't really care about the woes of the Kyrian. It started to pick up in Maldraxxus, as its storyline felt better. Ardenweald was dull again, but I really liked Revendreth. Then I finally got on with the endgame.

Spoiler: 
    The Covenant system worked well enough and I didn't especially mind being married to just one, but I hate how it meant I was missing out on three other storylines. It sucked in Legion, it sucked now. I hated the Eye of the Jailer, but even after I got rid of it the Maw was a place I didn't want to go to. Same for Korthia, which thankfully had you go to other places a lot in its storyline. I didn't bother with Torghast other than maybe two runs that were prompted by quests. Zereth Mortis was a pleasant surprise, I liked it quite a lot.

I didn't partake in the Ember Court at first, as it felt like a clunky feature of little value, but as I tried it a few times and unlocked more stuff it grew on me. Didn't get to max it out as I only played for two months.

I was surprised in how much Thrall's latest model annoys me. I always liked the concept of him in Doomhammer's armor, but wearing it now felt unearned. It's a Warchief's armor, yet Thrall isn't one, he's just a council member and a rather limp-wristed such. Didn't help how the set was incomplete over dumb reasons (leaving out the chest plate because they wanted people to see Thrall's slave scars or some shit). Imo the wolf armor Thrall sported in BFA suits his current position better and he now feels overdressed.

I also think Thrall shouldn't have been in the expansion. Nor Baine or Jaina or a lot of the old characters. Their inclusion felt like they were just there to add celebrity presence to the otherwise original, quite alien story. However, the original characters were largely likable and well-designed. I especially grew to like Renathal and the other Venthyr, but Lady Moonberry, Niya, Kleia and Pelagos were great too. Too bad they'll be left behind and we're still totally going to have to deal with the old characters at least I'd be happy to retire for an expansion or two. Kael and Vash were two old characters I didn't mind seeing, and it was a nice moment as they contemplated their current lot in life (death?) during Korthia's storyline.

The main story didn't get much more palatable as I played it personally (especially as it's apparent they cut chunks off it over the patch cycle, meaning I didn't get to experience it all), though it did manage to soften my stance on Sylvanas to a degree. And in the end there were more Arthas themes around than just the light globule moment from the cinematic, so it was a better send-off than the initial impression I got, having just seen the Anduin post-fight cinematic. In fact, as I disliked the questlines around old characters but mostly liked the ones about Shadowlands denizens having Arthas in a more prominent role would've likely been worse.

At least Anduin had a good run. He went through a lot and the expansion left him in an interesting state. Like the rest he should take a back seat now, but once he returns I think (or rather hope) we're done with the old Anduin.

There's no redeeming the Jailer. He sucked. His best moment was his death scene, as it was the only occasion he felt like a person. In fact I think he and the Maw weren't even that imposing. I missed out on 8.3 back when it was current content, so I dwelled on that now on the side. N'Zoth and his forces felt far more ominous and apocalyptic than the Jailer's silly army of spiky-armored dudes. Power-wise the Maw felt like a fifth Covenant, so going against four such felt like it was out of its depth once they rallied up. The most ominous moment was the Sylvanas-raid, where the Maw enveloped Oribos, forcing the aesthetic on the practical city as well, but that was it.

But I yeah, Shadowlands was fine in the end. I had a good time with it these past two months. I don't want to rate it, but rather rank it among the other expansions:

Wrath > Legion > MoP >>> WoD > Shadowlands > BFA > Cata > TBC
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?

Quote Originally Posted by WinningOne View Post
    Witcher 3 The Wild Hunt plus all DLC's. Picked it up on sale from steam and it was so boring: 3/10. Played it for almost 20 hours expecting it to get better but it never did. My game was riddled with bugs, combat was sluggish, and I couldn't have cared less about the characters.
    Witcher 3 is best experienced in Death March difficulty. Only then the nuances in combat system starts making sense. Also, Witcher 3 is all about side quests, exploration and immersion, not the main story. Main story is mediocre at best.

- - - Updated - - -

Elden Ring, 9/10.

Either 2nd or 3rd best game I have ever played. World/environment design in this game is unlike anything I have ever seen. The combat is really really good. The bosses are hard, but you can cheese if you want (e.g., spirit ashes). My only complaint is that the game needed a lot more story and side quests. I also like the fact that Elden Ring respects players and does not hold their hand.

New World: 7/10

Gave New World another go this last week and It seems to be pretty solid and decently balanced finally, sadly I fear its too late and they will never get the player base back. The Factions are fairly balanced and almost a perfectly even split on territory control. There are plenty of groups going and people seem helpful doing lower level dungeons to help out. I will say that the leveling boost needs to be built in baseline at this point, with the 2X boost that was going on the last weekend then it felt right and decent to level everything. I will say I am only level 46 so it may be worse at max level we will see how it looks as I progress to max level.

10+ Year Old Account
    Naraka: Bladepoint [8/10]

I've pretty much slept on the entire battle royale genre, so with this being my first I can understand why so many people like them. The combat is fast paced, engaging, and had a high degree of skill and counter-play. Most characters are fun and none I've seen so far I would consider overpowered. Many reviews mentioned a dwindling/stagnant community, but I've been getting into games pretty quickly, even at non-peak times. Maybe it's because of the Steam Summer Sale boosted the number of players, but it largely doesn't seem to be an issue.

Cons would be the games monetization (game is B2P with a heavy cash shop, loot boxes + battlepass) and the greatsword can be somewhat frustrating to play against, as most of their attacks give them superarmor.
    Last edited by Floofi; 2022-07-06 at 04:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    Witcher 3 is best experienced in Death March difficulty. Only then the nuances in combat system starts making sense
    What nuances? The combat system is pretty simple and offers almost no variety at all. Level difference is the only thing that matters, but even levels apart you can use Quen to block any lethal attack constantly.

Supraland. Interesting first person puzzler with altogether too much shooting and a good amount of secret hunting and exploration. All made by one guy as well. Liked it so much I even got the DLC which I almost never do.

A solid 8/10.

Quote Originally Posted by Popastique View Post
    What nuances? The combat system is pretty simple and offers almost no variety at all. Level difference is the only thing that matters, but even levels apart you can use Quen to block any lethal attack constantly.
    First of all, while fighting against monsters that can swarm, such as nikkers or bandits (especially in camps), you can not maintain the shield all the time unless you build for Quen. Most people build into Quen to survive but that's not needed. There are other ways, which shows there are nuances to the combat. On death march, crowd control suddenly becomes way more important. Igno, for example, becomes quite viable fighting with swarming enemies. Furthermore, blood and broken bones and below, alchemy is not needed. That makes the most fun part of the combat -- prep. -- unnecessary. On death march, stagger becomes significantly more attractive if you can find the chance to land a strong attack. On any lower difficulty, strong attack is pretty much unnecessary unless you build for it or something.

First of all, while fighting against monsters that can swarm, such as nikkers or bandits (especially in camps), you can not maintain the shield all the time unless you build for Quen. Most people build into Quen to survive but that's not needed. There are other ways, which shows there are nuances to the combat. On death march, crowd control suddenly becomes way more important. Igno, for example, becomes quite viable fighting with swarming enemies. Furthermore, blood and broken bones and below, alchemy is not needed. That makes the most fun part of the combat -- prep. -- unnecessary. On death march, stagger becomes significantly more attractive if you can find the chance to land a strong attack. On any lower difficulty, strong attack is pretty much unnecessary unless you build for it or something.
    While i like w3 and its combat i disagree.

Only prep you need on death march is a lot of patience (because bandit takes 10 hits from super meteorite witcher steel) and perk that makes food lasts 20 min. Played on death march, it is boring. People are making those crazy builds with manticore potions whatever, investing into quen etc. Meh.

Well you don't need to build into Quen, its base version is already strong enough. Nikkers or bandits are very slow, evading their attacks is pretty easy - it takes a couple of tries to get used to their patterns. Strong attacks are pretty useless, like beyond imagination - not only it takes a ton of time to get one off, but strong enemies don't care about them ( like those nasty spiders in Hearts of Stone dlc, they will evade every strong attack unless you root them in place which is not needed if you use light attacks ). And alchemy is the most broken stuff ever : considering you get to Blood and Wine or start NG+ , and get the mutation perk.
    So light attacks and Quen are enough to carry you through all the content, even on death march.

Herald of the Titans OnlineSamantha's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    https://store.steampowered.com/app/1...a_bag_of_milk/

A short visual novel called "Milk inside a bag of milk inside a bag of milk"

It's a game about disease, thought loops, psychosis, OCD, etc. It's okay, I would give it a 7/10. I only have mild OCD so I cannot truly feel what it's like, but the thought loops are well done, the psychosis is well done, and the general horror theme works well with the relative mundaneity of the plot when taken at face value. The problem is that it's too short to really have an impact on me, and I did not find it terrifying as maybe I should, since I struggle with these very same symptoms every day, so they are nothing exceptional to me. I hope the sequel titled "Milk outside a bag of milk outside a bag of milk" is better. This one was very cheap and very short (about $1 and 10-15 mins in length).
    Last edited by OnlineSamantha; 2022-07-08 at 01:58 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trumpresident View Post
    My words exactly. Manufacturing in the US is considerably more expensive than elsewhere, and part of that are savage regulations such as environment protection or minimum wages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderaan View Post
    Saying that Wilson is a racist murderer is the same level of conspiracy as saying Sandy Hook didn't happen and the parents are in on it.
    I don't post that often, and when I do it's often in bursts. I always lurk though.

Quote Originally Posted by Popastique View Post
    Well you don't need to build into Quen, its base version is already strong enough. Nikkers or bandits are very slow, evading their attacks is pretty easy - it takes a couple of tries to get used to their patterns. Strong attacks are pretty useless, like beyond imagination - not only it takes a ton of time to get one off, but strong enemies don't care about them ( like those nasty spiders in Hearts of Stone dlc, they will evade every strong attack unless you root them in place which is not needed if you use light attacks ). And alchemy is the most broken stuff ever : considering you get to Blood and Wine or start NG+ , and get the mutation perk.
    So light attacks and Quen are enough to carry you through all the content, even on death march.
    Yeah, TW3's combat has very little depth. You can easily play through Death March the same way from level 1 to level 35- 2x fast attack, dodge, Quen for when you mess up. And some bosses like the toad in HoS heavily punish anything that isn't that. Strong attacks are virtually useless as you get more damage out of more fast attacks. Your build doesn't actually change much either, even as a magic build most of your damage comes from your swords anyway and alchemy is mostly useful for the buffs to HP and sword damage, not grenades and such.

It's one thing Cyperpunk has over it, you can spec into a good dozen quite distinct playstyles in that game.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.