Page 21 of 47 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Catastrophy349 View Post
    Wow. So, you just admitted that you’re ignorant? If you read the interviews on Dragonriding, everything I said was discussed. Imagine hating something that hasn’t even been tested/further analyzed, yet.

They literally said that Dragonriding would allow you to reach certain areas you couldn’t otherwise, mini-games, and other cool types of content. I’m actually stunned right now.
    Eeeeeeeh, I'm not hating. I'm just holding my euphoria until I see all of this. It's a 2.5 month old interview by now. You don't have to be stunned by me being hesitant towards a feature that was barely mentioned in the last months.

I know what they said. I saw the video preview (which was terrible by the way, I hope that was a really old concept video during early development). I'm just not nearly as optimistic as you about this feature.

With usual flying I could reach every area I wanted to reach. Turning world quests (flying through hoops, dashing through the air) into a mini game is barely innovative. Other types of content? What kind of content could there be related to this that's not just completely gimmicky?
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Cheezits View Post
    Yes, Warfronts, Islands and Torghast received mix responses, but they were attempts at new gameplay systems and offered additional things to do.
    i think thats the main issue, every time they try something new its "the worst thing ever done, omg world is ending"... ofc they stop trying something new, at least for one expansion... its the same cycle as before:
    people complain is nothing to do - they add stuff in next expansion
    people complain there is too much stuff they are FORCED to do - they make the stuff voluntary
    people complain why there is stuff if theres no poin doing it - they remove (or dont add to be precise) stuff
    people complain there is nothing to do, and here we are again...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fantazma View Post
    And about the class, Jesus Christ, what a dull thing.
    so the class we know like 3 spells for you havent even played yet is dull...
    yep, totaly objective and reasonable criticism ...is not something you are capable of, clearly

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mamut View Post
    Exactly this. I would like to go back to just old simple raiding without grinding all this powers like azerite or covenants.
    im sorry, what grinding of power was there in covenants? you werent able to grind renown at all, and that was only "source" of power in covenants, other than the ability you got right away...
    if you didnt like covenants thats fine, you can have your opinion, but saying you have power grind there means one of two things either you are purposefuly dishonest or you dont know, which can only mean you havent even played SL...

1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Eeeeeeeh, I'm not hating. I'm just holding my euphoria until I see all of this. It's a 2.5 month old interview by now. You don't have to be stunned by me being hesitant towards a feature that was barely mentioned in the last months.

I know what they said. I saw the video preview (which was terrible by the way, I hope that was a really old concept video during early development). I'm just not nearly as optimistic as you about this feature.

With usual flying I could reach every area I wanted to reach. Turning world quests (flying through hoops, dashing through the air) into a mini game is barely innovative. Other types of content? What kind of content could there be related to this that's not just completely gimmicky?
    I see your point and agree 100% to everything you said. However, I think the point of the Dragon Isles design was for Dragonriding to allow you to reach areas you wouldn’t be able to with traditional flying (perhaps an invisible wall or skill limit, etc. idk).

- - - Updated - - -

So here’s my analysis of Dragonriding:

-IF it allows me to traverse the Dragon Isles faster and with more convenience than a typical 310% flying mount than it’s worth it.

-IF it is barely faster than 310% speed and becomes more of a hassle and no different than what “could” be achievable from a regular flying mount, that blows.

Furthermore, I rather have Dragonriding (regardless) if it means some form of “flying” versus having to do a Pathfinder/wait 6+ months to fly.

At the end of the day, Blizzard did not communicate/show enough gameplay footage to completely sell the “feature” to us, the gamers. So, have to wait for Alpha/Beta or a blog post (similarly to the profession one) to see.

Quote Originally Posted by Fantazma View Post
    - Being able to fly like it was in TBC. (Without having to sell your soul to anyone).
    seems like you havent played TBC, for "average joe" 5k for fast flying (bcs slow was at 60% back then, just to reach certain locations, otherwise pretty useless even compared to FP) was a huge amount of gold, and im pretty sure it took LONGER to farm so much gold than unlock flying took in ZM...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Musta View Post
    the sub doesnt bother me that much, but 70 for an expansion is messed up
    sure would be, thank god it cost 50...

Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post

im sorry, what grinding of power was there in covenants? you werent able to grind renown at all, and that was only "source" of power in covenants, other than the ability you got right away...
    if you didnt like covenants thats fine, you can have your opinion, but saying you have power grind there means one of two things either you are purposefuly dishonest or you dont know, which can only mean you havent even played SL...
    Maybe I worded it poorly but I meant powers like azerite, artifact powers etc and systems like covenant where if your specs had different BiS you was just fuked up.
    I just simply want interesting quest campaign, good lore introduction to raid instances and dungeons and then fun raid encounters with interesting villains. Add to this fun to play player specializations and I'm totally sold. Thats all.

I also like professions in every game I play so atleast the professions rework looks great for me.

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    So OP wants:
    - new spec for DH - what role does it play? what niche does it fill that isn't already filled many times over? what purpose does it offer? Or do we just want another option for the FOTM pool.
    - Tinker - completely unrelated to dragons and shit. It may happens ome day, but it would be out of absolutely nowhere for DF.
    - Class Halls - would be cool, sure, but it doesn't really feel like it fits the theme either.
    - Unlinked PVP - there's no borrowed power system, so all PVPers have to do is level, then they can PVP to their heart's content.
    - Flying like in BC - well, gold wasn't at an incredible abundance back then, so for most people, to get the 5k to fly was a monumental task of grinding. I would venture a guess OP either a) didn't play BC, b) bought gold from a gold farming site, or c) was an AH shark (which were fewer back then), but at any rate, a method like BC in today's WoW would mean flying would cost like 5mil a toon, if not more, given just how much gold got farmed up through wod/legion tables. No thanks.

I could agree with Class Halls if it fits, but everything else... big ball of meh.

Quote Originally Posted by ellieg View Post
    The story about the woman that was "groped" in the metaverse is a good one too lol
    I just checked about that, WTF xD

Quote Originally Posted by Jujudrood View Post
    So OP wants:
    - new spec for DH - what role does it play? what niche does it fill that isn't already filled many times over? what purpose does it offer? Or do we just want another option for the FOTM pool.
    - Tinker - completely unrelated to dragons and shit. It may happens ome day, but it would be out of absolutely nowhere for DF.
    - Class Halls - would be cool, sure, but it doesn't really feel like it fits the theme either.
    - Unlinked PVP - there's no borrowed power system, so all PVPers have to do is level, then they can PVP to their heart's content.
    - Flying like in BC - well, gold wasn't at an incredible abundance back then, so for most people, to get the 5k to fly was a monumental task of grinding. I would venture a guess OP either a) didn't play BC, b) bought gold from a gold farming site, or c) was an AH shark (which were fewer back then), but at any rate, a method like BC in today's WoW would mean flying would cost like 5mil a toon, if not more, given just how much gold got farmed up through wod/legion tables. No thanks.

I could agree with Class Halls if it fits, but everything else... big ball of meh.
    I say in the topic that many of the wishes there are not mine. I hate tinker.
    The only thing I really want is playable Dark Rangers.

It feels to light to be an expansion. 4 dungeons and a raid feels like a patch. Sure you can say there is 8 but 4 locked to a trivial difficulty I might do once the first week isn't cutting it for me.

I admit I expected them to launch the next expac stuffed with content not whimpering in tail between its legs starved... I think I'm going to wait a patch or two unless they have a new mage tower up their sleeves.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Kami Dende View Post
    still running well, I still have queues on my server even in mid patch times. only 10-20people but still full around the clock
    Nice to hear, seeing all mmos slowly die around wow isnt fun , as blizzard is best in taking inspiration from other games and making it better. but you need other games for that to work xD

ya know what the fact the profession work orders can essentially lead to a rise of a mafia like crafter's guild....DF is the best

We dont know much about it could be awesome or like the last two expansions but it's probably the least hyped expansion so far.
    Last edited by ParanoiD84; 2022-07-09 at 10:15 AM.
    Do you hear the voices too?

1+ Year Old Account
    I disagree with everyone on this thread; however, I see your concerns and agree that they are valid in nature. At-least for me, I’m staying excited and optimistic until Alpha starts (next week) and we start seeing actual gameplay of what is happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    If we're honest it's just a rework of already existing systems. And a rework can never be a new feature, it's a modernized basic feature.

- - - Updated - - -

Exciting features, I guess.
    You want me to make you that mythic mace for only 50k??
    Pay your tribute to the crafter guild and provide the mats to get the highest quality or go get a non-union crafter to make it low quality for 70k

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Man View Post
    You want me to make you that mythic mace for only 50k??
    Pay your tribute to the crafter guild and provide the mats to get the highest quality or go get a non-union crafter to make it low quality for 70k
    Bro... my man.

They are linking ah by region. That mace is being crafted for negative 50s on the ah.

WoW always has people making items below market value.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    We dont know much about it could be awesome or like the last two expansions but it's probably the least hyped expansion so far.
    It feels like a patch loaded with systems I don't want..

4 relevant dungeons and a raid are not an expansion to me.

1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Celement View Post
    Bro... my man.

They are linking ah by region. That mace is being crafted for negative 50s on the ah.

WoW always has people making items below market value.

- - - Updated - - -

It feels like a patch loaded with systems I don't want..

4 relevant dungeons and a raid are not an expansion to me.
    The ignorance in this channel regarding Dragonflight is astounding.

Yeah sorry for you, but i am also not excited.

First Time i dont want to „level“ anymore.

And Dragons are not exciting.

Dont know first Raid Primal Dragons?

Few mini games flying.

Nah sorry have enough.

1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Momzuna View Post
    Yeah sorry for you, but i am also not excited.

First Time i dont want to „level“ anymore.

And Dragons are not exciting.

Dont know first Raid Primal Dragons?

Few mini games flying.

Nah sorry have enough.
    Thank god Alpha is starting next week. Hopefully, we can start getting some good gameplay footage and more information on “what Dragonflight has to offer” so people can stop complaining. By complaining, I don’t mean in a negative or positive way; I simply mean us fighting back and forth arguing why or why not DF sounds interesting or not. Blizzard, just show us what we are getting so we can be informed to make our own decision on playing or not.

What ignorance is that? I enjoy wows harder aspects. Dragon flight is offering me very little unless I count dungeons I've beaten before.

1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Celement View Post
    What ignorance is that? I enjoy wows harder aspects. Dragon flight is offering me very little unless I count dungeons I've beaten before.
    I just think (again, my opinion) that too many people in the WoW community are jumping straight to pessimistic thinking due to WoW’s recent “history” (I.e. Shadowlands/BFA (even though I personally found positives in both)).

People are right to be concerned but having little to no optimism at all? At that point, go touch some grass because WoW is NOT the game for you.