Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    I get some people dislike it but personaly i have enjoyed what hunter has these days,bm and surv both feel good,marks i never enjoyed more than in wod,and yeah i kinda miss cata survival but....i miss a lot of cata specs lol
    Well, glad to see you can hold your nose, I prefer to hold a grudge.
    O Flora, of the moon, of the dream. O Little ones, O fleeting will of the ancients. Let the hunter be safe. Let them find comfort. And let this dream, their captor, Foretell a pleasant awakening

Quote Originally Posted by kasuke06 View Post
    Welp. Guess the dipshit who mutilated my favorite spec is still mouthbreathing somewhere. Here's hoping that dracthyr are fucking amazing, because hunter is still being designed by someone who actively hates the class and wants to see it deleted instead of being anything anyone would ever want to play.
    There are a lot of us who are excited by this and see some real fun builds in there. You speak only for you.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kasuke06 View Post
    Well, glad to see you can hold your nose, I prefer to hold a grudge.
    Nobody is holding their nose if they like it. Stop acting like your opinion is fact. People completely disagree with you.

Blizzard has yet to adress any of the bewilderment of the community since the first talent preview of druids and dks. It seems they just keep chugging along with the poiintless facelift that at most manages to shoehorn the spellbook into the talents page. So much for listening to the community.

Quote Originally Posted by zknm7 View Post
    I'd like to see them allow Survival Hunters to DW axes or swords, too... Rexxar is essentially a DW Survival Hunter, and it's never made much sense to me that Blizzard has decided to essentially restrict Survival to 2h weapons ever since they were turned into a melee class.
    Arguably it has enabled people that want to actually play 2h to play 2h. In every other spec that has the option dw always pulls ahead because Blizzard is just dogshit at basic math and can't manage to balance them. Though I agree, I think rexxar should have been the template for a melee hunter, though I would have mostly added it as an alternative playstyle for bm, as that makes way more sense than a melee trapper hunter...
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Janitor View Post
    Blizzard has yet to adress any of the bewilderment of the community since the first talent preview of druids and dks. It seems they just keep chugging along with the poiintless facelift that at most manages to shoehorn the spellbook into the talents page. So much for listening to the community.
    They haven't even opened up ALpha yet. How about you wait until you can actually use it to see how it plays first? Also, they absolutely do listen to the community. Not giving into the whinging and crying of players does not = not listening to the community. Also, stop projecting your opinion onto the entire player base. People have different opinions than you.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Djaye View Post
    a very talent expensive stables ability. no worse than cata/mop stables ability. could call all your pets, cast dire beast, crows and one other i think. alot of this looks like a return to cata/mop ability wise.

i cant wait. but im eagerly awaiting Monk. if old school fishweaving returns? im back and rolling (literally)
    Stampede from the Hunter class tree. You would have Animal Companion(2 pets) Dire Beast(1 Pet), Call of the Wild(2 pets + 1), Stampede, and Murder of Crows. With the small 2 sec overlap on pet spawns on COTW, that is 7 pets out at one time along with Stampede and crows. Quite the spectacle.

EDT: IF I get rid of murder of crows, I can come up with a build that includes Dire Command which could get me 8 pets out at one time.
    Last edited by rrayy; 2022-07-09 at 06:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    They haven't even opened up ALpha yet. How about you wait until you can actually use it to see how it plays first? Also, they absolutely do listen to the community. Not giving into the whinging and crying of players does not = not listening to the community. Also, stop projecting your opinion onto the entire player base. People have different opinions than you.

- - - Updated - - -

Stampede from the Hunter class tree.
    give it up, he is simply a cry baby that is whining he isnt getting exactly what he wants. he is going to cry and whine right up to the point he logs in and it wont stop there. he will devote his boring life to the game and complain the whole time about how its a shell of a game, with no direction and how the devs just crap on the players every expansion, yet still pays the sub and never actually stops playing, or whining. he is the vocal minority that goes above and beyond to try to convince you his opinion is that of the general player base.

tale as old as this game... people complain about cookie cutter, yet fail to see they are cookie cutter complainers.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Janitor View Post

Arguably it has enabled people that want to actually play 2h to play 2h. In every other spec that has the option dw always pulls ahead because Blizzard is just dogshit at basic math and can't manage to balance them. Though I agree, I think rexxar should have been the template for a melee hunter, though I would have mostly added it as an alternative playstyle for bm, as that makes way more sense than a melee trapper hunter...
    subjective to your little world as every player i have interacted with is stoked and cant wait for these changes. you do you. enjoy crying in the corner.

Quote Originally Posted by Djaye View Post
    give it up, he is simply a cry baby that is whining he isnt getting exactly what he wants. he is going to cry and whine right up to the point he logs in and it wont stop there. he will devote his boring life to the game and complain the whole time about how its a shell of a game, with no direction and how the devs just crap on the players every expansion, yet still pays the sub and never actually stops playing, or whining. he is the vocal minority that goes above and beyond to try to convince you his opinion is that of the general player base.

tale as old as this game... people complain about cookie cutter, yet fail to see they are cookie cutter complainers.
    Ironically, I found a build for my Hunter that I really want to try out that will be far from the cookie cutter build likely to be simmed. That already makes these trees better than what has come before it.

Not having Flayed Shot makes the BM rotation incredibly boring.

Also, Rexxar was a Beastmaster, not SV. BM should have been the melee spec and Survival should be ranged bomb/explosives, traps (soulforge embers built into tar trap, trap launcher speed increased by 100%), and utility arrows
    Last edited by Airickson; 2022-07-09 at 06:47 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Absolute fucking garbage. BM is still incredibly boring to play, MM is beyond bad (might as well scrap it or make a new spec) and Survival is simply not a hunter spec. They need to fire the morons in charge of tunning this class.

Quote Originally Posted by Fullmetal89 View Post
    Absolute fucking garbage. BM is still incredibly boring to play, MM is beyond bad (might as well scrap it or make a new spec) and Survival is simply not a hunter spec. They need to fire the morons in charge of tunning this class.
    Actually survival it´s the current melee spec because it had no strong identity and it probably had bad luck when Blizz tossed a coin to decide whether they should gut SV or BM to make the melee spec nobody asked for.
    Quote Originally Posted by Andromedes View Post
    Welcome to the Alliance, faction of compromises and unfulfilled desires. Want Vrykul? Here is compromise in form of kul tiran half giants we never heard of. Wanna High elves? Here is compromise in form of void elves we never heard of. Wanna broken draenei? awww fuck it
    About ganking ("world pvp") being dead now
    Quote Originally Posted by Sliske View Post
    Maybe you could wear a mask and push over little kids while they walk home from school instead?

The new system looks like shit. I already don't like it. I tested it on wowhead. Makes everything no fun, because I immediately had the feeling, I need a meta talent selection and where do I find it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rpdrichard View Post
    it had no strong identity.
    I'm tired of people parroting this lie. Survival was absolutely fine and had the identity of being the hunter spec with trap/AoE focus. It was completely gutted during WoD because they wanted to make it melee for no particularly good reason. Hunter was one of the most played classes in the game, even if Surv was not the most popular spec in the game it was still the least popular of the most popular class for a long time. I did the majority of my Arenas and RBGs as Survival before the changes in WoD. It was once considered the most reliable hunter spec and BM was the one hunters complained about the most due to bugs with pets. I understand there's a hard following for melee version of the spec but we don't need to gaslight people who actually played the class back then with nonsense about how it "didn't have an identity." It's current identity is basically an enhancement shaman with permanent wolves. It's boring, but hey if that's your jam go for it. I would love to see ranged come back as a hybrid of the current talent builds or as a fourth spec. It's ridiculous that they completely removed a spec from the game because they couldn't be bothered to balance another ranged spec. At least when they split Druid specs they had the decency of giving feral it's own branch and fourth spec.
    "I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids. "
    -
    General Jack D. Ripper.

Quote Originally Posted by Airickson View Post

Also, Rexxar was a Beastmaster, not SV. BM should have been the melee spec and Survival should be ranged bomb/explosives, traps (soulforge embers built into tar trap, trap launcher speed increased by 100%), and utility arrows
    FS is baked into a talent point now with a chance to proc off of KC usage.

Quote Originally Posted by jk1895 View Post
    The new system looks like shit. I already don't like it. I tested it on wowhead. Makes everything no fun, because I immediately had the feeling, I need a meta talent selection and where do I find it.
    You have not used it in game, so no you have not tested it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fullmetal89 View Post
    The specs are fine. You don't have to like it, but nobody should be fired because you do not like them and calling them names simply because you don't like it makes you look bad.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Airickson View Post

BM is popular because it is ranged. It should not be the melee spec. That would have killed it completely.

I like survival being melee... It's an option to play the class with a different style if you get tired of being ranged, but like the class fantasy and don't want to roll another melee class.

I see some fun, probably meme builds, for questing, open world and low key dungeons.
    For everything else - as per usual, cookie cutter build.
    Just a random, not thinked trough, though - It would be nice idea if these new talent trees had some mediocre borrowed power system to supplement them.
    Something like class sets with gear that has slots to supplement some spell, or add effects, via crafted reagents.

As for everything else.. I've learned to keep my hopes at moderate levels and avoid getting fished on shiny new expansion, rather wait a month or so before the release.
    While a lot of shown really looks nice, so did BFA and SL in their reveals, yet we know how did that go.

Now waiting for Monk and possibility of Fistweave returning.

A jumble mess of things to click once and forget about. The talent system should stay dead. What’s the point of “I want more thing when leveling” when the game revolves around max level..

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Buffbringer View Post
    I like survival being melee... It's an option to play the class with a different style if you get tired of being ranged, but like the class fantasy and don't want to roll another melee class.
    Ya they should of made it a 4th spec instead of killing one spec for it