Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Right now I'm just hoping as a WW we can choose both WDP and Serenity and it's not a dual node where WDP will always be chosen like it is now.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

Quote Originally Posted by Pandragon View Post
    Right now I'm just hoping as a WW we can choose both WDP and Serenity and it's not a dual node where WDP will always be chosen like it is now.
    I'm thinking serenity will be a choice node with either Clones or TEB

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Man View Post
    I'm thinking serenity will be a choice node with either Clones or TEB
    Either way, from looking at Rogue talents, we know half our kit will probably be in the talent tree.

Either way, from looking at Rogue talents, we know half our kit will probably be in the talent tree.
    I'm OK with that as long as we get controlled Clones and/or chi explosion

I'm OK with that as long as we get controlled Clones and/or chi explosion
    It just seems lazy. "Here's your new talent trees. But half your abilities are in it cause we couldnt be asked to come up with new stuff, or give you older stuff we took away"

Chi Explosion would have to be reworked to come back since it can cause conflicts with our Mastery and that it replaced Blackout Kick and we don't have TEB anymore.

It just seems lazy. "Here's your new talent trees. But half your abilities are in it cause we couldnt be asked to come up with new stuff, or give you older stuff we took away"

Chi Explosion would have to be reworked to come back since it can cause conflicts with our Mastery and that it replaced Blackout Kick and we don't have TEB anymore.
    just give it an extra CD reduction and make sck a builder instead of a spender
    so a possible build would include
    sck for building with tp to get to the 4 chi
    chi explosion spreads mark
    dance procs help build chi

yeah i am a bit disappointed that the trees dont have new stuff but keep in mind right now they are a leveling system and the first time we have had the talent system touched since WoD

just give it an extra CD reduction and make sck a builder instead of a spender
    so a possible build would include
    sck for building with tp to get to the 4 chi
    chi explosion spreads mark
    dance procs help build chi

yeah i am a bit disappointed that the trees dont have new stuff but keep in mind right now they are a leveling system and the first time we have had the talent system touched since WoD
    SCK used to be spammable, and it did horrid damage. If they changed SCK to be spammable again then they have to remove all the stuff that makes it strong making us suck in ST and AOE.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Biggest thing I wanted was the ability to make custom, potentially strange, builds that capture what your character really is.

And from a bit of tinkering around with wowhead's calculator, Blizz did a decent job on that. It doesn't feel like the system railroads you into getting all the "best" traits, and in fact seems setup to ensure you cannot get all the best ones. Had a few situations where I saw a skill I either really did or really didn't want and had to make some interesting decisions on how to get to the former while avoiding the latter.

The rest of Dragonflight probably isn't fixed enough to make me play, but they certainly get a thumbs up on the talents. Assuming, of course, they don't "rip cord" this after Beta launches and raiders whine.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Biggest thing I wanted was the ability to make custom, potentially strange, builds that capture what your character really is.

And from a bit of tinkering around with wowhead's calculator, Blizz did a decent job on that. It doesn't feel like the system railroads you into getting all the "best" traits, and in fact seems setup to ensure you cannot get all the best ones. Had a few situations where I saw a skill I either really did or really didn't want and had to make some interesting decisions on how to get to the former while avoiding the latter.

The rest of Dragonflight probably isn't fixed enough to make me play, but they certainly get a thumbs up on the talents. Assuming, of course, they don't "rip cord" this after Beta launches and raiders whine.
    im not seeing much in terms of raiders wanting them to allow us to get everything
    most of the "oh my god you didnt give us anything new" is coming from the same people that said "by locking gear in m+ they arent taking away choice they are adding choice"
    most raiders are just "well to get this i need to go here which sucks but maybe they will change it"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    Flexibility and fun deciding on 'new' builds.
    laser bear

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    I'd buy that for a dollar!!!

Maybe the rebirth of ''Shockadin''? Maybe a frost-fire mage again? lol

Honestly if I were Blizzard, I would give one, just ONE, little passive % talent that slightly buffed 2hander in some way on the enhance shaman tree. Nothing crazy, nothing even all that significant, but have it there specifically talking about 2handers just to fk with the community.
    i completely missed the laser bear build, it only requires like 5 extra points outside of a regular high healing build, and disc has a really cool shadow style build

Consistency is a HUGE thing that the current ones revealed so far is lacking. For example you have some classes who u can easily move from one part of the "utility tree" to the other parts while other classes u do not.

U also have utility/movement in the spec trees for some specs but not others. Which means with these trees you are losing more then ur gaining since u will never chose those over dps nodes. Harpoon and Grappling hook are great examples of this both of which were just baseline abilities for their specs but added to the tree instead. Meanwhile you have things like Wraith Walk for dks in their utility tree. None of the specs are actually gaining much if anything from the specs. The one new thing I can think of is outlaws party cdr talent which is terrible. Stuff like that is how u kill the other 2 specs by giving it to only 1 spec u know how important cdr is to so many specs?

As some one who has played since TBC these trees look horrible. Its everything that everyone was complaining about with things being taking away from people BUT BECAUSE IT LOOKS LIKE THE OLD TREES ITS FINE. The classes and specs will feel completely empty without these trees and things people HAVE HAD FOR YEARS they wont have anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoSul View Post
    Consistency is a HUGE thing that the current ones revealed so far is lacking. For example you have some classes who u can easily move from one part of the "utility tree" to the other parts while other classes u do not.

U also have utility/movement in the spec trees for some specs but not others. Which means with these trees you are losing more then ur gaining since u will never chose those over dps nodes. Harpoon and Grappling hook are great examples of this both of which were just baseline abilities for their specs but added to the tree instead. Meanwhile you have things like Wraith Walk for dks in their utility tree. None of the specs are actually gaining much if anything from the specs. The one new thing I can think of is outlaws party cdr talent which is terrible. Stuff like that is how u kill the other 2 specs by giving it to only 1 spec u know how important cdr is to so many specs?

As some one who has played since TBC these trees look horrible. Its everything that everyone was complaining about with things being taking away from people BUT BECAUSE IT LOOKS LIKE THE OLD TREES ITS FINE. The classes and specs will feel completely empty without these trees and things people HAVE HAD FOR YEARS they wont have anymore.
    Keep in mind it is very likely the classes we have seen are from multiple design styles

Keep in mind it is very likely the classes we have seen are from multiple design styles
    Which is exactly the issue. Consistency is very much lacking between them and given we dont have long til the launch it probably wont change

Herald of the Titans Nightshade711's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    Perma Doomguard/infernal for warlocks would be nice.
    Or just more options for Demo’s main demon.

For Evoker I’d like to see something DPS related for the bronze side of magics.
    Be it like some of HotS chromie abilities, the time trap in particular would be cool for PvP. The time clones would be a cool little flavor too.

Though it’s likely the bronze abilities will only be healing in PvE.
    Last edited by Nightshade711; 2022-07-12 at 01:36 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Chen isn't a Monk

10+ Year Old Account
    I want the talents to actually feel like you're making a choice on how to play your class/spec. Like you're choosing an aspect of your kit to focus on. Like how you could be a dot-shadow priest in cata or dotless focusing on mind spike. Make me make decisions that largely affect my rotation and how I play my spec. As it is now (for my spec atleast) it doesnt do that at all. Most are always-picks and the majority of the few decisions are what utility you want and if you're raiding or doing m+

Which is exactly the issue. Consistency is very much lacking between them and given we dont have long til the launch it probably wont change
    what i mean is they are at different points of design with dk and druid being the earliest and rogue and hunter being the latest

what i mean is they are at different points of design with dk and druid being the earliest and rogue and hunter being the latest
    Even then that just makes me feel worse. Each one I see I think to myself it cant get much worse then it does. The newer ones have more and more things that were baseline as talents being mixed in with output talents which is a huge step in the wrong direction.

Even then that just makes me feel worse. Each one I see I think to myself it cant get much worse then it does. The newer ones have more and more things that were baseline as talents being mixed in with output talents which is a huge step in the wrong direction.
    i think i might just have a different opinion
    everything we get via the talent tree is stuff we got by leveling anyways
    in the hunter and rogue trees you can skipp some talents and still have a path to the next which imo is good

i think i might just have a different opinion
    everything we get via the talent tree is stuff we got by leveling anyways
    in the hunter and rogue trees you can skipp some talents and still have a path to the next which imo is good
    Well yes thats the exact issue now isnt it? These are abilities that have been baseline for years that now u get to chose between o here is extra damage OR here is the mobility/utility that u have had for years stripped away enjoy! The classes will feel worse then before because they are talent points and not baseline abilities. PEOPLE HAVE BEEN COMPLAINING FOR YEARS about this exact issue but now its ok because it looks like the old trees? I think a lot of people are in for a world of wide awakening when this does hit beta but it will be to late to do anything about it until the end of the expansion like covenants.

Well yes thats the exact issue now isnt it? These are abilities that have been baseline for years that now u get to chose between o here is extra damage OR here is the mobility/utility that u have had for years stripped away enjoy! The classes will feel worse then before because they are talent points and not baseline abilities. PEOPLE HAVE BEEN COMPLAINING FOR YEARS about this exact issue but now its ok because it looks like the old trees? I think a lot of people are in for a world of wide awakening when this does hit beta but it will be to late to do anything about it until the end of the expansion like covenants.
    It's just instead of getting it automatically at level 17 you can choose it at level 13
    Is AMZ useful in this fight or is it better to just have that point in getting more haste in D&D??

Technically speaking we only got one skill baseline

In the current trees we have been shown I don't see anything where getting utility is so far out of the way of any build that you can't pick it up