Page 47 of 56 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Herald of the Titans Nightshade711's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post

Which I have no issue with, since its armor specially designed for Dracthyr, not crap like this;

Ironic, given that armor is specifically designed for the Evoker.
    Unless suddenly in your mind Evoker and Dracthyr aren’t synonymous with each other anymore?

Funny enough, the example you posted is pretty much what the armor they can wear already looks like in terms of what’s covered and not

Because it won't look nearly as good as that.
    In your opinion

I said sheathed in the back, where the wings would clip heavily. Also you'll never be swinging that costume baber-shop dagger.
    The swords/sheathed weapons are obviously not going to be barber shop options.
    Especially given that blizzard said what weapons they’d be using, and they mentioned 1h swords and daggers.
    Last edited by Nightshade711; 2022-07-12 at 12:51 AM.
    Chen isn't a Monk

10+ Year Old Account
    That

https://i.ibb.co/kSJb4H7/drakonid.png

resembles a dragon more than this?

https://media.discordapp.net/attachm...411&height=701

Stop being ridiculous.
    "That" (i.e. the drakonid) has been in the game since the beginning. "That" has been a servant and soldier of the dragons since the beginning. "That" has been a draconic hybrid since the beginning.

"This" (i.e. the dracthyr) is just a "kid-friendly" copy of the drakonid.

It can...

In visage form.
    Which you can't use in combat, which is the whole point. What you're doing is basically saying "oh you totally can see your transmog as a guardian or feral druid. You just have to be in humanoid form" which is bullshit, since people here are asking to see the armor/transmog on the dracthyr's anorexic salamander form.

Because it won't look nearly as good as that.
    It doesn't look that good to begin with. Not to mention it heavily restricts what kind of transmog sets and combinations you can use in visage form without making you look like a clown in anorexic salamander form because your transmog combination in visage form doesn't work well with the very very limited selection (by comparison) of barber shop chest pieces allowed to us.

I said sheathed in the back, where the wings would clip heavily.
    Which is, again, not a problem in the slightest, considering many things in the game would clip on those wings, such as the insurmountable amount of quests and world quests that puts a backpack on your back. Two that come to mind are "Further Gelatinous Research" in Maldraxxus, and "Save the Vombata" in Zereth-Mortis.
    "Torturing someone is not an evil thing to do if it is done for good reasons" by Varodoc
    "You sit in OG/SW waiting on a Mythic+ queue" by Altmer <- Oh, the pearls in this forum...
    "They sort of did this Dragonriding, which ushered in the Dracthyr race." by Teriz <- the BS some people reach for their narratives...

I like the bulkier sort of body options for the dracthyr that were shown. I myself will probably stick with something just a little bit leaner for my own dracthyr lady, but the fact that more options are there is very nice.

Honestly, seeing them in their armor fixes a whole lot of the issues that I think I had with them. Head still needs a bit of work, I think, but there isn't a whole lot more to complain about with them, far as I'm concerned. I definitely prefer this to the hulking beeftank drakonids or miniature drake forms.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightshade711 View Post
    Ironic, given that armor is specifically designed for the Evoker.
    Unless suddenly in your mind Evoker and Dracthyr aren’t synonymous with each other anymore?
    It's designed for Visage form, not the Dragon form.

Funny enough, the example you posted is pretty much what the armor they can wear already looks like in terms of what’s covered and not
    Yeah, but the difference is that the barbershop armor actually looks good.

The swords/sheathed weapons are obviously not going to be barber shop options.
    Especially given that blizzard said what weapons they’d be using, and they mentioned 1h swords and daggers.
    You seem to be missing the point here; Weapons aren't going to be used in Dragon form, and whatever ornamental weapons they give them in the barbershop will be just for show.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    "That" (i.e. the drakonid) has been in the game since the beginning. "That" has been a servant and soldier of the dragons since the beginning. "That" has been a draconic hybrid since the beginning.

"This" (i.e. the dracthyr) is just a "kid-friendly" copy of the drakonid.
    I'm not seeing how that's relevant. We're talking about which looks more like a dragon.

This;

Looks more like a dragon than this;

Which you can't use in combat, which is the whole point.
    Feral, Balance, and Guardian Druid players manage not seeing their transmog in combat just fine. Stop making a mountain out of a molehill. If someone HAS to see their transmog in combat, they'll simply not play the class.

1+ Year Old Account
    It's designed for Visage form, not the Dragon form.
    Yeah sorry doesn’t make much sense.
    Why design armor for something that (as of now) won’t ever be visible in combat?
    Especially since in lore they can and do wear full sets of armor.

When you could just as easily design it for the Dracthyr form and just adapt it to the visage forms?
    Have it work like the heritage armors and Blizzard doesn’t even need to rig the armor for other races outside of the Dracthyr & visage forms.

Yeah, but the difference is that the barbershop armor actually looks good.
    In your opinion sure.

Plus of course the barbershop armor would look better because the tier set hasn’t been shown in-game yet, and for now is just a drawn concept art crudely photoshopped onto a model lol.

You seem to be missing the point here; Weapons aren't going to be used in Dragon form, and whatever ornamental weapons they give them in the barbershop will be just for show.
    Except there won’t be weapons from the barber shop. They’re going to be transmogged.
    Last edited by Nightshade711; 2022-07-12 at 01:50 AM.
    Chen isn't a Monk

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not seeing how that's relevant. We're talking about which looks more like a dragon.
    The drakonid, IMO. Bulkier like a dragon, ferocious-looking like a dragon, everything one usually wants when looking to play as a dragon.

In your subjective opinion, sure.

Feral, Balance, and Guardian Druid players manage not seeing their transmog in combat just fine. Stop making a mountain out of a molehill.
    Except it's not the same thing. The druid forms are not conductive to have armor pieces strapped to them. Too bestial, not human-shaped. You're just trying to make a molehill out of a mountain here, considering the sheer number of people who want the dracthyr to be able to show off all their transmog.

In fact, in some ways, the druid situation is better than the dracthyr, because if one can't see any of their transmog in their alternate forms, that means there's no issue of having your visage transmog combination clashing with your dracthyr's very very very limited barber shop "armor" choices.
    "Torturing someone is not an evil thing to do if it is done for good reasons" by Varodoc
    "You sit in OG/SW waiting on a Mythic+ queue" by Altmer <- Oh, the pearls in this forum...
    "They sort of did this Dragonriding, which ushered in the Dracthyr race." by Teriz <- the BS some people reach for their narratives...

Gosh I wish I could play that rather than the weird tumblr furry thing we're getting

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah sorry doesn’t make much sense.
    Why design armor for something that (as of now) won’t ever be visible in combat?
    Especially since in lore they can and do wear full sets of armor.
    You mean like Druid armor and weapons?

Except there won’t be weapons from the barber shop. They’re going to be transmogged.
    No, the barbershop armor is going to have weapon accessories that your Dracthyr can wear. It's purely decorative.

- - - Updated - - -

The drakonid, IMO.
    Hilarious.

Except it's not the same thing. The druid forms are not conductive to have armor pieces strapped to them. Too bestial, not human-shaped. You're just trying to make a molehill out of a mountain here, considering the sheer number of people who want the dracthyr to be able to show off all their transmog.

In fact, in some ways, the druid situation is better than the dracthyr, because if one can't see any of their transmog in their alternate forms, that means there's no issue of having your visage transmog combination clashing with your dracthyr's very very very limited barber shop "armor" choices.
    Yeah, all of this is completely your opinion, and amounts to a rather pointless argument. In the end, if you're the type of player who just has to see their transmog in combat, the Drachtyr Evoker simply is not for you.

1+ Year Old Account
    You mean like Druid armor and weapons?
    I don’t get the point you’re trying to make here?

Especially when there’s images posted by blizzard of the Dracthyr in full armor even with helms, gauntlets and full chest pieces.
    Which Druid forms don’t have.
    (Though it is worth noting that even Balance druids have weapons in their form, despite never using them)

No, the barbershop armor is going to have weapon accessories that your Dracthyr can wear. It's purely decorative.
    Wrong.
    There’s no reason to really argue it though, you’ll be proven wrong yet again when Alpha launches.
    Last edited by Nightshade711; 2022-07-12 at 03:42 AM.
    Chen isn't a Monk

10+ Year Old Account
    I don’t get the point you’re trying to make here?

Especially when there’s images posted by blizzard of the Dracthyr in full armor even with helms, gauntlets and full chest pieces.
    Which Druid forms don’t have.
    (Though it is worth noting that even Balance druids have weapons in their form, despite never using them)
    That isn't full armor. Their barbershop armor is still missing pants, boots, back, gloves, and other parts. Additionally, the helms and hoods they wear are specially designed for their heads, which leads me to believe that Blizzard can't map equippable helms to their heads. In other words, there's no point in letting dragon form wear transmog when only 50% of the armor is visible.

Wrong.
    There’s no reason to really argue it though, you’ll be proven wrong yet again when Alpha launches.
    You honestly believe that a dagger that shows up as part of the barbershop armor is going to be a usable weapon?

Okay bud.

1+ Year Old Account
    That isn't full armor. Their barbershop armor is still missing pants, boots, back, gloves, and other parts. Additionally, the helms and hoods they wear are specially designed for their heads, which leads me to believe that Blizzard can't map equippable helms to their heads. In other words, there's no point in letting dragon form wear transmog when only 50% of the armor is visible.
    Idk if you actually looked at their post or not, but there’s pretty clear pants, gloves, and boots there.

Outside of that there are no “other parts” that are missing except for cloaks.

You honestly believe that a dagger that shows up as part of the barbershop armor is going to be a usable weapon?

Okay bud.
    We’ll be able to equip and see weapons in Dracthyr forms.
    You’ll see later this week/next week with Alpha.
    You’ll be wrong just like everything else so far.

The weapon shown off in the blog post is one of the starting zone weapons for Dracthyr. (1H sword)
    Last edited by Nightshade711; 2022-07-12 at 03:57 AM.
    Chen isn't a Monk

10+ Year Old Account
    Hilarious.
    I would 'yes, you are', but unfortunately for you, you're way past that. It's funny how you demean others for posting their opinions while lauding your own as if they're everyone's standard of objectivity.

Yeah, all of this is completely your opinion,
    So.
    Is.
    Yours.
    Your own opinion.

and amounts to a rather pointless argument. In the end, if you're the type of player who just has to see their transmog in combat, the Drachtyr Evoker simply is not for you.
    Considering the sheer amount of people complaining about the dracthyr's incomplete transmog display feature, it's far from a "pointless argument", no matter how many times you try to dismiss it as such.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Gosh I wish I could play that rather than the weird tumblr furry thing we're getting
    100%, I would be SO FUCKING STOKED about a race like that. It actually LOOKS like something from Warcraft.

But yeah, if they're going to be humanoid, which they clearly are, then Blizzard HAS to let them wear armor. Not doing so would be lazy as shit, and I'm worried that Blizzard thinks they'll be able to get away with it. Blizzard's been in a bad spot for a while now, and that shit would NOT do them any favors. Like I said, even if the armor they showed looks great, there's literally zero reason to make them humanoid if they can't wear armor.

In my opinion, they should have just go the "Dragon" route for them from the start. Now, they've painted themselves into a corner, and I worry they're not going to be able to salvage the situation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Idk if you actually looked at their post or not, but there’s pretty clear pants, gloves, and boots there.
    No, those are bracers, and there's no pants present or boots. Again, this "armor" is no different than the armor that Druid Bear and Cat forms get in the barbershop.

We’ll be able to equip and see weapons in Dracthyr forms.
    No you won't.

- - - Updated - - -

So.
    Is.
    Yours.
    Your own opinion.
    The difference is that my opinion is actually going to be playable.

Considering the sheer amount of people complaining about the dracthyr's incomplete transmog display feature, it's far from a "pointless argument", no matter how many times you try to dismiss it as such.
    Then they can use the barbershop armors;

If that's not enough, there's 20+ other races to choose from.

1+ Year Old Account
    No, those are bracers, and there's no pants present or boots. Again, this armor is no different than the armor that Druid Bear and Cat forms get in the barbershop.

Idk man… I don’t know any bracers that cover the hands/fingers.

Don’t even know what armor slots would have anything covering the thighs and feet/claws if they’re not wearing boots or pants. (That aren’t robes)

You’re just in denial that Blizzard doesn’t share your opinions, again.

No you won't.
    You’ll see on Thursday / next week.
    No point in arguing further. You’ve got no idea what you’re talking about.

It’s quite easy to tell because color schemes for the 1H sword and the armor aren’t 1:1. Red is a different shade, and there’s no black in the sword. If it was from the barber shop they’d have the exact same color schemes. (Just like the gloves/boots/shoulderpads matching the rest of the armor 1:1)
    Last edited by Nightshade711; 2022-07-12 at 04:54 AM.
    Chen isn't a Monk

10+ Year Old Account
    The difference is that my opinion is actually going to be playable.
    Which is completely irrelevant. The fact you agree with what Blizzard is doing does not make your opinion any more valid than mine in any way, shape or form.

Then they can use the barbershop armors;

https://bnetcmsus-a.akamaihd.net/cms...7316582186.jpg

If that's not enough, there's 20+ other races to choose from.
    Let's say, for the sake of argument, that the barber shop will allow for 20 different combinations of chest armor model and color variations for the dracthyr. Which is a generous number in comparison to how much other races can do with customization. Now, do you honestly think that twenty different armor for the dracthyr's barber shop options can even compare to the over six hundred different options for mail chest armor transmog?

I'll repeat: mail armor has over six hundred different options for chest transmog. To basically say "they can use the barber shops or get lost" is dishonest as fuck.

10+ Year Old Account
    Which is completely irrelevant. The fact you agree with what Blizzard is doing does not make your opinion any more valid than mine in any way, shape or form.
    Actually, it's quite relevant. It makes your opinion in this matter rather worthless.

Let's say, for the sake of argument, that the barber shop will allow for 20 different combinations of chest armor model and color variations for the dracthyr. Which is a generous number in comparison to how much other races can do with customization. Now, do you honestly think that twenty different armor for the dracthyr's barber shop options can even compare to the over six hundred different options for mail chest armor transmog?

I'll repeat: mail armor has over six hundred different options for chest transmog. To basically say "they can use the barber shops or get lost" is dishonest as fuck.

I said RACES to choose from, not armors. In other words, if you don't like the barbershop armor, and HAVE to have transmog armor in combat, roll a different race and stop complaining.

Is it possible
    Just possible
    That the different armor we see on the dracthyr is actually armor we are going to be getting in DF??

Because I might be totally wrong but I don't remember hearing that the armor is not going to be seen other than on forums

1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Forum Man View Post
    Is it possible
    Just possible
    That the different armor we see on the dracthyr is actually armor we are going to be getting in DF??

Because I might be totally wrong but I don't remember hearing that the armor is not going to be seen other than on forums
    It would be really nice if this was the case and the armor they’re showing off is just heritage armor.

But I forget the specific interview where they said it, but I believe they had said the armor they’re going to wear is all from the barber shop with shoulders, belts, and tabards being the only transmog that is visible in Dracthyr form.
    Chen isn't a Monk

10+ Year Old Account
    Actually, it's quite relevant. It makes your opinion in this matter rather worthless.
    Wow. That is so not how opinions work, dude. Way to be arrogant and actually rather delusional too, considering Blizzard does consider the opinions of their players that go against what they believe, considering all the changes they made to the game following feedback from people with opinions that run contrary to Blizzard's.

Again, the fact you agree with what Blizzard is doing does not make your opinion any more valid than mine or anyone else's in any way, shape or form.

I said RACES to choose from, not armors.
    I know. And I am talking about transmog options, because that is what we have been talking this entire time, in case you didn't notice.

In other words, if you don't like the barbershop armor, and HAVE to have transmog armor in combat, roll a different race and stop complaining.
    Again, saying "use the barber shop or get lost" is a very dishonest thing to say, not to mention rude. "If you don't like the class selection, and you HAVE to play a tinker class, then go play a different game that has playable tinkers and stop complaining." This is basically your argument, here.