Page 48 of 56 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Expecting Teriz to not be arrogant is like expecting players to be 100% happy with an expansion

Herald of the Titans Nightshade711's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Forum Man View Post
    Expecting Teriz to not be arrogant is like expecting players to be 100% happy with an expansion
    To be honest I think he’s in a form of denial.
    He wanted actual dragons, and the more armor/weapons that the Dracthyr get, the further they get from that vision of his.

Maybe he thinks that if they can’t transmog their own armor they’ll still be dragons in his mind? Even though they’re already able to wear full armor and wield weapons.

Can’t see any other reason why anyone would want a new race to not be able to transmog gear, despite lore and literally everything else showing it’s possible for them to wear full armor (minus cloaks)
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Chen isn't a Monk

5+ Year Old Account
    What we should have gotten should have been something like this, but since Blizz employs furries...we get cringe stuff instead..

Last edited by Ihavewaffles; 2022-07-12 at 06:53 AM.

That

resembles a dragon more than this?

Stop being ridiculous.

It can...

In visage form.

- - - Updated - - -

Which I have no issue with, since its armor specially designed for Dracthyr, not crap like this;

Because it won't look nearly as good as that.

Also Dracthyr also have the option of running around in the buff, which might be the preferred look.

I said sheathed in the back, where the wings would clip heavily. Also you'll never be swinging that costume baber-shop dagger.
    Ya it seems several people have the same image of what they envisioned of what a dragonoid type of being would look like. I am in that bracket with the first image. There is no need in pretending that the company can't appeal to a larger audience. They are more than capable of doing this. That is what the several different customize options are suppose to do...

Speaking of different options I did check out the new "bulkier" form on wowhead. Still not giving those first image vibes.. bulked up a tiny bit, but they didn't address the head. So it looks wonky. They could make several options for a head form adding in another category. Or maybe face if they don't want to make another category.. It's weird they address one issue..but not the other in the process...

I thought some of the previewed armors on them looked nice. Too bad they are not able to wear more. The one quoted suggestion looks very nice too.

I have one other small request, it's not a necessity..since I care more for visage form but still I figure worth asking. They all look so angry, which is ok, but.. could they do a softer face. Maybe two? In the face options.. I don't even know how they have the face customization set up, if it is like other races when customizing. I figure I would just ask. When I look at them, I think it might be the eyes giving that look. Maybe bigger eyes option in face selection would be able to combat that..

Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post

Wow.
    Last edited by Icelin; 2022-07-12 at 06:33 AM.

5+ Year Old Account
    While I understand that people react against blizz models with saying dragons should be bulky instead, I think it's not about size, but the art, u can have gaunt, thin dragons n still have them be cool, example (this pic is for the body, i am not holding the head up as an example)

Very warlock'ish, i thinks

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    "That" (i.e. the drakonid) has been in the game since the beginning. "That" has been a servant and soldier of the dragons since the beginning. "That" has been a draconic hybrid since the beginning.

"This" (i.e. the dracthyr) is just a "kid-friendly" copy of the drakonid.

Which you can't use in combat, which is the whole point. What you're doing is basically saying "oh you totally can see your transmog as a guardian or feral druid. You just have to be in humanoid form" which is bullshit, since people here are asking to see the armor/transmog on the dracthyr's anorexic salamander form.

It doesn't look that good to begin with. Not to mention it heavily restricts what kind of transmog sets and combinations you can use in visage form without making you look like a clown in anorexic salamander form because your transmog combination in visage form doesn't work well with the very very limited selection (by comparison) of barber shop chest pieces allowed to us.

Which is, again, not a problem in the slightest, considering many things in the game would clip on those wings, such as the insurmountable amount of quests and world quests that puts a backpack on your back. Two that come to mind are "Further Gelatinous Research" in Maldraxxus, and "Save the Vombata" in Zereth-Mortis.
    What kind of unhealthy, unrealistic body imagine do you have if you think Drac'thyr are anorexic? Please educate yourself before you spill nonsense.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    What kind of unhealthy, unrealistic body imagine do you have if you think Drac'thyr are anorexic? Please educate yourself before you spill nonsense.
    Please don't spread your abuse narrative promoting body shaming before you spill nonsense. Oh and yes you are promoting it too.

My first original statement of seeing this concept on release was why wasn't these actual dragons. Again the company could've saved itself a world of hurt. Instead they went a route of trying to create controversy and promoting a possible abuse narrative again. (Body shaming this time) I don't fall it and bother discussing it. Feels like fishing all over again. Shadowlands style. Don't fall for that garbage. I thought we were over it with the most recent trailer. Leaving the abusive, divide narrative behind. Sorry folks.
    Yet I still see one trying to get promoted on social media networks, (like this forum) wow what a shocker.

People simply wanting more options in customization doesn't make them "shallow" or a "shamer". Where does this stuff even come from??
    I seen lots of other requests for customizations that weren't just solely for the new race. It just happens this takes priority now as it is a new addition. People have hopes we will get more customization with them and I am in that bracket. Quit trying to make it something it isn't. More options would be greatly appreciated.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kixxenn View Post
    Please don't spread your abuse narrative promoting body shaming before you spill nonsense. Oh and yes you are promoting it too.

My first original statement of seeing this concept on release was why wasn't these actual dragons. Again the company could've saved itself a world of hurt. Instead they went a route of trying to create controversy and promoting a possible abuse narrative again. (Body shaming this time) I don't fall it and bother discussing it. Feels like fishing all over again. Shadowlands style. Don't fall for that garbage. I thought we were over it with the most recent trailer. Leaving the abusive, divide narrative behind. Sorry folks.
    Yet I still see one trying to get promoted on social media networks, (like this forum) wow what a shocker.

People simply wanting more options in customization doesn't make them "shallow" or a "shamer". Where does this stuff even come from??
    I seen lots of other requests for customizations that weren't just solely for the new race. It just happens this takes priority now as it is a new addition. People have hopes we will get more customization with them and I am in that bracket. Quit trying to make it something it isn't. More options would be greatly appreciated.
    What exactly are you trying to say? All I see is you defending someone calling Dracthyr "anorexic" which is just wrong and disrespectful against anyone who deals with an eating disorder of any kind.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Yeah Drakonids still look better. Their shoulder width and wild faces are just great. Soythyr need more work, specially in head and neck department. It's salvageable tho.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Au-burn View Post
    Yeah Drakonids still look better. Their shoulder width and wild faces are just great. Soythyr need more work, specially in head and neck department. It's salvageable tho.
    uh-huh...

they still haven't fixed female worgen...

Quote Originally Posted by Nightshade711 View Post
    To be honest I think he’s in a form of denial.
    He wanted actual dragons, and the more armor/weapons that the Dracthyr get, the further they get from that vision of his.

Maybe he thinks that if they can’t transmog their own armor they’ll still be dragons in his mind? Even though they’re already able to wear full armor and wield weapons.

Can’t see any other reason why anyone would want a new race to not be able to transmog gear, despite lore and literally everything else showing it’s possible for them to wear full armor (minus cloaks)
    He's been that way since DF was announced
    "Dragon isles with tinkers"
    Became
    "THE dragons will be based of HotS"
    Became
    "They are still dragons and they have a strafing breath so they are based off HotS"
    Became
    Whatever he's doing now

I'm still upset they didn't just do dragonsworn with a drakonid transformation instead of Tumblr furry bait but I'm not gonna make my entire personality around it

Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    uh-huh...

they still haven't fixed female worgen...
    That's why we need to pressure Blizzard to do it now, before the game release. It's gonna be hard to save this fuckshit otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Fantazma View Post
    I'll stay away from these geckos that Hazzikostas chose to be the "big boom" of the new expansion. I swear to god this is the stupidest wow race there could be. I hope I don't die of laughter when I see a Dragon riding another dragon if it wants to fly. LOL
    Well atm you can be a Worgen riding a wolf.

The new options are a step in the right direction although I'm still not sure why biologically humanoid dragons can't wear trousers or a long robe like every other humanoid species in the Cosmos.

This is jarring since Evokers are ranged caster class and robes are the clothing worn by ranged caster classes (Mage, Warlock, Priest).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Forum Man View Post
    "THE dragons will be based of HotS"
    Became
    "They are still dragons and they have a strafing breath so they are based off HotS"
    Became
    Whatever he's doing now
    TBF, I was saying that before the expansion announcement. Also they will have abilities carried over from Alexstraza, Chromie, and Deathwing HotS, along with a few of WoW’s major dragon characters.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    The new options are a step in the right direction although I'm still not sure why biologically humanoid dragons can't wear trousers or a long robe like every other humanoid species in the Cosmos.

This is jarring since Evokers are ranged caster class and robes are the clothing worn by ranged caster classes (Mage, Warlock, Priest).
    It's a ranged caster class based on the concept of a dragon breathing fire on you from ranged. Why is it jarring that something like this;

Isn't wearing robes?

Herald of the Titans Nightshade711's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    It's a ranged caster class based on the concept of a dragon breathing fire on you from ranged. Why is it jarring that something like this;

Isn't wearing robes?
    It isn’t wearing armor or wielding a sword… yet
    Chen isn't a Monk

That

resembles a dragon more than this?

I have this theory that Teriz has gone mad after the "no tinker expac" #1234124

because this statement is insane

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightshade711 View Post
    It isn’t wearing armor or wielding a sword…
    Optional barbershop “armor”?

If that’s your thing. I prefer my dracthyr to remain pure dragon.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dioporco View Post
    I have this theory that Teriz has gone mad after the "no tinker expac" #1234124

because this statement is insane
    No, what’s insane is believing a Tauren in a dragon suit is more draconic looking that a dracthyr.

Optional barbershop “armor”?

If that’s your thing. I prefer my dracthyr to remain pure dragon.

- - - Updated - - -

No, what’s insane is believing a Tauren in a dragon suit is more draconic looking that a dracthyr.
    Look at the sword he is carrying.

Isn't wearing robes?
    Maybe because the Dracthyr is a HUMANOID and, last I checked, humanoids don't go around naked?

I mean, I hope you understand this simple concept. The less I assume about you, the better for myself.