Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Perhaps you and Neltharion have a different idea of what embodies the "perfect soldier." He did also apparently shelf the project, so perhaps the Dracthyr didn't ultimately live up to his design goals.
    Ye dont cite Neltharion when it is just a shitty blizzard lore error, since the Black Dragon Aspect didnt even put the "blackness" in this project, for reasons?

The perfect soldier without the black aspect powers, made by the black aspect itself.

Ye sure that is reasonable and not idiotic at all.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dioporco View Post
    No we are just comparing with better RPG fantasy.

https://i.imgur.com/zEWCSs6.png

Disney knew better in 1990 on how to make antropomorphic characters with different bodies.
    I’m not seeing any one ask for different body’s other then just “buffer” with even a few people saying even the new biggest option is small or even anorexic, and a whole lot of talk about furry‘s and fetish’s which feels a lot like some people are trying to replace one fetish with a another.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    If you make up that "those races does not accept variation because i say so despite this limitation not making sense or benefiting anyone" it is a design issue, you put yourself in a corner, not a issue of people who expect warcraft races to look like warcraft races.

People wanted drakonids/humanoid dragon as race and a dragonsworn class, they perverted the idea and made demon hunter 2.0, its 100% a design issue.
    Drakonids/Dragonsworn as a race/class isn't what the Dracthyr are, though; any more than a Warlock is what a Hunter is, or a Draenei is what a Worgen is. Completely different race with a new and completely different class. There is still plenty of room for a Drakonid/Dragonsworn race or class to exist beside the Dracthyr if it's desired. So again, your argument devolves into "this isn't what I wanted," which remains a non-starter because it's a conversation that can't go anywhere beyond the very statement. Given the choice, I'd probably opt for Drakonid/Dragonsworn myself - but since it's not really on offer here, it's more relegated to the "what if" shelf. Lots of people are looking forward to the Dracthyr and Evoker class, as well, and I'm not really content to deny them that solely because it's not what I personally wanted for the new Dragonflight class.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    I’m not seeing any one ask for different body’s other then just “buffer” with even a few people saying even the new biggest option is small or even anorexic, and a whole lot of talk about furry‘s and fetish art which feels a lot like some people are trying to replace one fetish with a another.
    Well maybe because, if you look at those pics vs the blizzard "buffed" version, there is literally no buffness at all? Blizzard literally changed the shoulders ratio a little bit and still is a weird gecko, even from the alpha leaked screenshots.

So since you keep pushing this "fetish furry" like a 5head 6 baziolion IQ strat, ok people have fetish for big chunky dragon warriors like you love those skinny vegan gecko.

to each his own

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Ye dont cite Neltharion when it is just a shitty blizzard lore error, since the Black Dragon Aspect didnt even put the "blackness" in this project, for reasons?

The perfect soldier without the black aspect powers, made by the black aspect itself.

Ye sure that is reasonable and not idiotic at all.
    Neltharion and his son Nefarian also started the Chromatic flight later on, so I can see the Dracthyr as a branch on that evolutionary tree when it comes to his designs. Neltharion and later Deathwing has always had an eye on combining the traits and essences of the dragonflights, as evidenced by beings like Chromatus and so on. You'll also notice that the word "chromatic" doesn't just imply they're black dragons or dragonkin, as well.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

i think they just need to add the option, nothing wrong with more options for players. some people want omega buff lizard dudes or ladies let them have it wont hurt anything.

Neltharion and his son Nefarian also started the Chromatic flight later on, so I can see the Dracthyr as a branch on that evolutionary tree when it comes to his designs. Neltharion and later Deathwing has always had an eye on combining the traits and essences of the dragonflights, as evidenced by beings like Chromatus and so on. You'll also notice that the word "chromatic" doesn't just imply they're black dragons or dragonkin, as well.
    Yee....that is just a weird retcon + chronological inconsistency

If we assume your premise then even Neltharion noticed that Dracthyr werent buff enough and decide to make Drakonid and Dragonspawn experiments otherwise he would have made an army of Maloriak alike warriors.

chromatic maens that they used all 5 aspects traits, see Chromatus, Cromaggus and all the Chromatic Drakes.

-----------------------

I mean it is pretty evident that Drachtyr are rushed, 5 months before release still no alpha, they made them with the 4 aspects traits and call it done.

But by their own lore there are huge inconsistency etc
    Last edited by Dioporco; 2022-07-12 at 03:34 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    The problem is not even that they want to fap to this, it's just that they keep hiding it. Like we all want hot sexy elves and no one is ashamed - which is why we ask for them to be playable. But the people who want bara dracthyrs here, saying that they need to be more buffy with more masculine faces need to come clean and fucking say it. It's ok to have a preference ffs.
    Very much so, people who want to pump up there drac’s like there wearing anchors arms should just own it instead of pretending the buffness they showed is skinny or they look feminine.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

The problem is not even that they want to fap to this, it's just that they keep hiding it. Like we all want hot sexy elves and no one is ashamed - which is why we ask for them to be playable. But the people who want bara dracthyrs here, saying that they need to be more buffy with more masculine faces need to come clean and fucking say it. It's ok to have a preference ffs.
    Ye sure people are hiding their fetish of playing a big bulky character.

Human are bulky.
    Orcs are bulky.
    Tauren bulky.
    Kultiran bulkiest.
    Dwarves bulky.
    Barbarian in D2 D3 are bulky
    Paladin Crusader are bulky.

Ye people doesnt like those for sure they want the asmongold withered one 100% keep repeating that yourself and it will be real son.

7+ Year Old Account
    Well maybe because, if you look at those pics vs the blizzard "buffed" version, there is literally no buffness at all? Blizzard literally changed the shoulders ratio a little bit and still is a weird gecko, even from the alpha leaked screenshots.

So since you keep pushing this "fetish furry" like a 5head 6 baziolion IQ strat, ok people have fetish for big chunky dragon warriors like you love those skinny vegan gecko.

to each his own
    Lol “no buffness at all”.

Atleast your willing to own that you want your own version of fetish drac’s that’s more then most will do.

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderment2 View Post
    I mean the buffetest option is about as buff as I'd want them so.....
    That's good for ou, but hardly good for the company if a high percentage still want them buffer still. /shrug

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Yee....that is just a weird retcon + chronological inconsistency

If we assume your premise then even Neltharion noticed that Dracthyr werent buff enough and decide to make Drakonid and Dragonspawn experiments otherwise he would have made an army of Maloriak alike warriors.

chromatic maens that they used all 5 aspects traits, see Chromatus, Cromaggus and all the Chromatic Drakes.

-----------------------

I mean it is pretty evident that Drachtyr are rushed, 5 months before release still no alpha, they made them with the 4 aspects traits and call it done.

But by their own lore there are huge inconsistency etc
    My premise was itself speculation - we know very little of the lore of the Dracthyr at current, so it's impossible to say it's "hugely inconsistent" with any real veracity. Perhaps Neltharion's science wasn't advanced enough to handle all five draconic essences at once, which is why Dracthyr can only wield a handful at any one time, depending on their specialization. In addition, Maloriak is pretty far from a combat monster himself, the "Dragonman" model is itself pretty spindly and a far cry from the more melee-oriented Drakonid model.

The Chromatic flight is also newer in terms of lore than the Dracthyr, and were also almost all failures in Neltharion's eyes, as they proved to be unstable and unviable in the long term (except for Chromatus himself).

Quote Originally Posted by Nynax View Post
    Right?! how dare someone be satisfied with something. Must be a simp, there's no other explanation for their bad taste!
    There is such a thing as bad taste.

But is it okay to be happy with tippens because that's what was thrown your way when there could be a lot more out there?

Lol “no buffness at all”.

Atleast your willing to own that you want your own version of fetish drac’s that’s more then most will do.

This is "buff"

-------------------

This is just a joke or something an inter made yesterday while waiting his UberEats

if you cant see i, just change lens dunno

----------

center is buff, we are getting the bottom right as buffed. lol

We get it, you wanted an old race, we got a new race. Can we end the thread there?

If you are correct (which I sincerely think you are), it means that trying to use any sort of "online popularity" as a metric to judge a given design / concept is a waste of time - a million players can have a shitty opinion, one player can be right, etc.

Considering game making is in big part an artistic work, our opinions go only so far - Blizzard are the artists, if they think their Dracthyr is ideal then it's done. We can give our opinions but we can't pretend that they are objectively correct like some do here.
    The only way you can really gauge anything in cases like these is to literally ask people's opinions (through ingame polls, for example), the rest is guesswork. We can only assume Blizzard does this much better than we can, but who knows.

That's kind of an impossible benchmark - what people want could cover essentially anything without logical or narrative boundaries, whereas races and classes have both types of boundaries implicit in their creation. People *are* being catered to with the expansion of body types already showcased, as well; but there are going to be upper boundaries to that.

As I said previously, more variation is almost always to the good, but if you're expecting a level of variation that doesn't fit the aesthetic theme of the race/class, you're going to be dissatisfied no matter what. That's not a design issue, that's more a "you problem" as they say nowadays.
    Of course what I mean is that Blizzard chooses an archetype and goes by player expectations and creates something that satisfies the most of them.

What I think happened is that Blizzard misjudged (maybe by choice, for any reason) what range of body sizes that was and made the baseline too small. I haven't seen anyone ask for Dracthyr to have an option for an even more slender body. That said though, I'm okay with the largest body that was shown in the video, but ideally for my own tastes that would be the most or second most slender option with 2-3 options with thicker necks/heads/etc.

7+ Year Old Account
    This is "buff"
    https://media.discordapp.net/attachm...54/unknown.png

-------------------

This is just a joke or something an inter made yesterday while waiting his UberEats
    https://i.imgur.com/yHiHq3r.png

----------

https://i.imgur.com/zEWCSs6.png

I can see it just fine and don’t worry I won’t kink shame you, who knows with any like Mabye we can get some unwear and scaling for it as well so it can really match all the art people make.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Human are bulky.
    Orcs are bulky.
    Tauren bulky.
    Kultiran bulkiest.
    Dwarves bulky.
    Elves aren't.

Guess which race has a population greater than all those you mentioned combined.

And then y'all wonder why Blizzard went with Twink Dracthyrs.

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    Their buffyness is not enough and their head and neck are too fucking thin, im sorry but im not up for "middle ground" here, they have to work better on this shit to make me buy this expansion.

They are more worried about color and skin than the actual model, which is a sad sight, no matter how many color you paint shit, still is shit.

And again, no mention of more visage forms, which completely kills my interest in playing those lizard abominations.
    We all know you’re buying the expansion if you didn’t already. Come on now.

- - - Updated - - -

This is "buff"

-------------------

----------

Imagine sitting at your desk, probably overweight, complaining about video games, and saying that the middle one isn’t buff. Holy smokes

I can see it just fine and don’t worry I won’t kink shame you, who knows with any like Mabye we can get some unwear and scaling for it as well so it can really match all the art people make.
    I honestly dont get where you wanna go with the "kink shame" meme, i dont care if you want the lgbtq+ race - it is fine due to give more representation in a mmorpg, they can even add fat or skinny human/other race and it will be nice too.

but still according to the lore itself and the last 17 years of the game itself, there is a lack of customisation based upon the lore itself, especially when the experiment should have been a mix of all aspects

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Synapse12 View Post
    Imagine sitting at your desk, probably overweight, complaining about video games, and saying that the middle one isn’t buff. Holy smokes
    ???? I dont think nobody said that the middle one isnt buffed, i mean it looks like the rock as gargoyle, but we are getting the red one bottom right, even the one on the left (not the girl) is beefier than average geckothyr with the body type 4.