5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snuke View Post
    The funny part is the people who hate star wars continuing to hate watch while telling everyone else they’re wrong to enjoy something.
    I have met people that genuinely loved The Last Jedi, to them it's some mindless fun, pew pew pew n stuff

For them TLJ is just like Empire Strikes Back...they are happy regardless since it's all pew pew pew, it's like watching godzilla, it's to watch the SMASHS!!!11

Since they are happy regardless, the best way forward is to create something really good since then you get everyone onboard.

Like the Mandalorian.

The issue on these forum pages, is that we got people that know when Lucasfilm are underperforming, but pretend otherwise just to be annoying n contrarian.

The problem is some of you can’t move on. If people enjoy what they’re getting it’s a perfectly valid opinion. You disagreeing and calling them shills and trolls is just sad. Go find something you like. Not everyone agrees with your opinion.

5+ Year Old Account
    The only reason these usual suspects aren't perma-banned for being constantly contrarian n bringing nothing of value, is they generate replying..

Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    The only reason these usual suspects aren't perma-banned for being constantly contrarian n bringing nothing of value, is they generate replying..
    Sorry, but disagreeing with you isn't a bannable offense.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    I rest my case, bunch of shills gobbling those disney dicks, for a shitty movie..
    https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/sta..._the_last_jedi

Well, at least these 'critics' get paid, you don't get shit, endus, you are just doing it for no reason other than being contrarian.
    Or maybe I and a lot of other people like things that you, for whatever reason, don't, and you're just constitutionally incapable of understanding that for some reason.

You didn't like the show. That doesn't mean the show was terrible or the acting was bad. Your views are the minority and most people don't agree with you.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    This is Kenobi show we wanted:
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    This is Kenobi show we wanted:
    that was amazing, the start burst my sides, more excited about larry ep 2 than obi-wan

5+ Year Old Account
    Kenobi - The Patterson Cut

(all news sources link this link, so don't infract post plz..it's all over the internets..no, it's not a torrent)
    https://www.kaipattersonfilms.com/kenobi

Obi-Wan Kenobi fan edit reimagines series as 2.5-hour movie to address 'awkward pacing' and 'fluff'

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...135029909.html
    Nick Romano - Mon, July 11, 2022 at 9:50 AM

A Star Wars fan has taken it upon himself to tinker with Obi-Wan Kenobi after encountering many of the same issues other fans had with the Disney+ series. The end result is a 2.5-hour movie distilled from the show's six episodes.

Filmmaker Kai Patterson, who's currently working as a VFX artist on an indie film, released his cut of Obi-Wan Kenobi as for free via his website. "This is my own artistic interpretation of how these scenes could be strung together to make something that works better for me personally," he writes.

Patterson also unpacked several of the elements he chose to tweak in a video shared to his TikTok page. "While going through all six episodes, I really noticed how much fluff there was," he says, "a lot of scenes that literally just added too many frames to each shot probably just to fill some time quota that they needed. I also changed some of the ordering to some of the scenes just to make them more effective or impactful." He also tried to make Reva, the Inquisitor played by Moses Ingram, "more menacing."

"The Obi-Wan show, in my opinion, suffered from things that were easily fixable in the script and in the edit… awkward pacing, whole scenes that ultimately amounted to nothing, goofy dialogue and directing choices, so I decided to take matters into my own hands and change what I could," continues the statement on his website.

Patterson's edit is currently available to stream on his website, though it has already been removed from Google platforms. He hopes only those with Disney+ subscriptions will watch the cut: "Let's make sure we're supporting all the original artists on this show by not letting this become a means of pirating."

Matt Kennedy/Lucasfilm Ltd./Disney + Ewan McGregor appears as the titular Jedi master in Disney+ series 'Obi-Wan Kenobi.'

Obi-Wan Kenobi found Ewan McGregor reprising his role from the Star Wars prequel films to tell a story set after the events of 2005's Revenge of the Sith. Living a humble life on Tatooine, the once great Jedi master is tasked with rescuing a kidnapped Princess Leia (Vivien Lyra Blair), while Reva attempts to lure Obi-Wan out of hiding for her master Darth Vader (Hayden Christensen).

Before it became a series, Obi-Wan Kenobi was originally explored as a feature-length movie, EW reported in 2017. But after the reception to 2018's Solo: A Star Wars Story, Lucasfilm changed course to focus on creating a fleet of live-action TV series.

In a FAQ on his website, Patterson clarifies that he isn't trying to shade the creators with his cut.

"I know that everyone who worked on this show did the best that they could do. I know that sometimes working on huge projects like this it's hard to fully realize your vision with budget constraints, tight deadlines, studio interference, etc.," he writes. "All of this said, I am a firm believer that you can and should be critical of things that you love. I made this edit because there were things I wanted to fix for myself and I posted to TikTok to see if anyone else had any interest in the work I did. It turns out a lot of people felt the same way. I hope that my edit doesn't at all take away from those who really loved the series as is, that's totally cool with me."

some discussion
    Last edited by Ihavewaffles; 2022-07-12 at 05:43 AM.

I don't want to rewatch the series, does anyone know exactly what was cut?

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    I don't want to rewatch the series, does anyone know exactly what was cut?
    I haven't seen it yet, but I read it has cut out a lot of Reva, which immediately means it's a superior cut fer sure

5+ Year Old Account
    lulz