Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Otaka View Post
    Nope, ive been subscribed since classic began... and i havent gotten a single subscription mount even tho there has been atleast 1 during this time. Same with the older ones few years ago.

This is not a loyalty reward, blizzard doesnt know how to do those... you could be a 17 year old nonstop-subscriber but you get NOTHING if you dont specifically subscribe for 6 months with this specific deal.

Its purely to try and get new players into the game OR to try and retain existing players for longer than they would want.
    Its sad and disgusting... they dont care if youre an old veteran player of the game.
    Actually for people who stayed supportive over all the years since Vanialla - Blizzard sent them all nice statues...

https://www.polygon.com/2015/1/18/77...rd-subscribers

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Goatfish View Post
    This is just wrong depending on how you play. There are many people I know who just buy a 3 month sub each new patch and then unsub the next 3-? months until new content comes out. People should definitely make the financial decision that works best for them though. If you are going to play the full 6 months and enjoy it, then go for it. It's what I do currently since I basically just spend 2-4 months on prog and some gear farm and then use the rest of the time to play the AH and restock the gbank for the next patch or mess around on alts.

I at least like to assume that everyone knows basic math, especially since it has it in big bold letters on the website when you go to sub. Seems like a low blow to come in here saying this kind of stuff, but I also guess I'm often surprised at how many people are functionally illiterate either financially or otherwise.
    My original post:

6 months again, sorry to say. But if you stay on a recurring 6 month program, you'll get every one of these mounts automatically when they are released. If you're happy and enjoying the game - then I'd say stick with that. You're saving money in the long run.
    Did I not make myself perfectly clear? The person was asking in regards to the mount and all too.

6 months and getting this mount free might even be nearly the same price as buying the mount and paying for 3 months (and then not playing the next 3 months) I'd have to check.

I think of all the comments to nitpick, you chose the wrong one.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Celement View Post
    Looks bad but a mount really was expected .
    Yep. The first couple times it was surprising and a neat announcement.

Now I'm expecting it and frankly - don't care anymore.

But ya care enough to come here and comment!

Yes, because I love WoW - I love it and I miss it and I hate what it's become, but I still love it.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Another squirly worm mount nobody wants to use for practical reasons.
    I love how people say "nobody" "no one" wants or cares about the mount yet you can see people who do enjoy it and use it / talk about it in this thread. I'd like to know how you figure "nobody" wants this at all. Are we pretending your opinion = everyone's opinion again?

Quote Originally Posted by Adam552 View Post
    it’s not free, it’s included in a 6 month subscription.

the 6 month sub costs what like $78 for a game you already purchased for $50.

it’s cheaper to buy 2 months and quit until the next season when there’s actually new content to do.
    Except you know there are people who like playing the whole 6 months and aren't on the train of "do only new content for a month then quit".

Quote Originally Posted by Nederbelg View Post
    It is free with a money-saving 6 month subscription.
    But the haters have to hate I guess.

I will use it in game just to annoy the people who feel they need to hate this because it is from blizzard and free.
    Nothing is really free if they keep you around.

You can save more money by not playing a game with devs that are apathetic at best about the quality of their game and the happiness of their players.

Cool next free mount.

One of the best looking mounts in the game! I hope there will be more color variations.

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Did I not make myself perfectly clear? The person was asking in regards to the mount and all too.

6 months and getting this mount free might even be nearly the same price as buying the mount and paying for 3 months (and then not playing the next 3 months) I'd have to check.

I think of all the comments to nitpick, you chose the wrong one.
    It was definitely clear, but was horrible advice. What I was nitpicking was the monetary advice alone, I definitely picked the right comment to respond to because you mirrored the same factually incorrect sentiment of others. I've definitely had times where I don't know if I'm actually going to be playing the full 6 months and it's a better decision financially to only pay for 3 or 1, and that mount or paying for 6 months instead is worth negative money to me. Maybe I buy that 6 months but decide in 2 that I don't actually like the current patch. Buying anything ahead of time entails a risk of losing some of that investment, and this is a common situation completely ignored by your financial advice.

To make this incredibly clear because you were too damn busy being offended to actually read what I said, let me rephrase in simple terms. Even if you are happy and enjoying the game, make the financial decision that makes the most sense for your situation/personality. If you know you get bored halfway through a patch and (even if you are perfectly happy and content right now), then maybe buy the 3 month and be out a whole $6 over 6 months if you end up renewing. If you decide at the end of 3 months not to renew, you just saved yourself $39. The breakeven point where it's technically a loss is after you've done a 3 month sub instead of 6 month for over 3 years.

I mean, on this scale we're basically talking about less than pennies anyway. If anyone is in so dire of financial straights that they are worried about $12-$24 a year they should probably not be playing WoW and instead be looking hard at sorting out their financials. It's almost worthless going into the financials because of how little the difference is, and any minutia you might argue in return for is worth even less.

edit: I double checked to make sure I wasn't the crazy one. That guy didn't seem to be talking about buying the mount separate, it was more a complaint about how even if you are subbed all 6 months you only get it by paying for 6 months upfront. A reasonable complaint imo considering the person buying monthly actually gives Bliz more money in the long run. There is some benefit to Bliz for getting paid in advance of course, which they want to reward people for, but I understand why it feels shitty for people who actually give Bliz more money but don't get the free shit.
    Last edited by Goatfish; 2022-07-13 at 06:33 AM.

what is with the classic only rewards? nobody is going to decide to resub just to get a new item in classic, nor is anyone who's only playing retail going to suddenly decide to play classic (not that it would really benefit blizz if they did, they get the same money either way)
    personally I've nothing against classic, but I got bored of them over a decade ago and have no desire to go back. a toy or tabard only available in that mode is not going to change my mind.

10+ Year Old Account
    ugly AF tbh :<

Quote Originally Posted by Drusin View Post
    You guys still complain about this lol that's hilarious.
    I'm beyond apathetic at this point when it comes to Blizzard doing this stuff.

But I never got this line of thought. If someone does something another person considers bad long enough, should they just stop considering it bad? Is there some kind of expiration date on vehemently disliking something?

Slapped the head of a typical Western dragon onto a abyssal Worm model... minimal effort spent, that'll be €60 lads!

Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    My Dead Blood Elf Paladin is going to probably enjoy this mount. Looks like it'll go well with his Heritage armor set.
    Yeah. Looks like a big mana worm dressed in belf armour.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Eh 6 month mounts are whatever but God damn is that thing ugly

I'm a little worried that this is the dragon expansion and something about all of the new draconic models is just kind of... off-putting

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    But I never got this line of thought. If someone does something another person considers bad long enough, should they just stop considering it bad? Is there some kind of expiration date on vehemently disliking something?
    After 4 years it should be obvious that there's a 6m sub mount every 6m. So sure, consider it bad, but it seems pointless to voice it every time again. The mount can be safely ignored. Don't get it, don't think about it, maybe be happy for people who like it...

Quote Originally Posted by rayvio View Post
    what is with the classic only rewards?
    The mount is only usable in retail, so for people who don't play retail it's nice to get something too.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    Slapped the head of a typical Western dragon onto a abyssal Worm model... minimal effort spent, that'll be €60 lads!
    €25 you mean. For 60 you get the mount plus 6 months of gametime.

Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    After 4 years it should be obvious that there's a 6m sub mount every 6m. So sure, consider it bad, but it seems pointless to voice it every time again. The mount can be safely ignored. Don't get it, don't think about it, maybe be happy for people who like it...
    Yes, but constant exposure to a bad thing doesn't make it suddenly not bad. That's absurd.

10+ Year Old Account
    this is all that I was waiting for to cancel my sub. *done*

letting it lapse in march was already a mistake so I wanted to at least get something out of it.

Yes, but constant exposure to a bad thing doesn't make it suddenly not bad. That's absurd.
    Bad exposure is getting skin cancer from too much sun. This is a promotional deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Rageonit View Post
    Bad exposure is getting skin cancer from too much sun. This is a promotional deal.
    I am being horribly exposed to pedantry right now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wonderment2 View Post
    Is a Greatwyrm a thing already or are is this a new mob for DF?
    It looks like a bigger version of a mana wyrm. Literally.
    So I'm guessing it's creative liberty as to what a greater mana wyrm would look like.
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

I am being horribly exposed to pedantry right now.
    I just didn't realize being exposed to promotional deals can have a negative impact on your life, but I guess you learn something everyday.
    Bit scared to do my daily shopping now. What if there's a great promotional deal for the butter and I don't need butter? Please help.

Anyone else hoping it was going to be that Swolloc Murloc that was posted on here awhile ago ? Yet another wiggly worm.