Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    I highly doubt that Alexstrasza the Lifebinder would be racist lol. She already forgave the Horde during the Warcries novel. And none of the current leaders aswell as most of our characters weren't even part of the Horde when that happened.
    The Dragonmaw are still part of the Horde. The Horde was shackling proto drakes on a large scale as late as Garrosh' reign and even today the Dragonmaw use broken protodrakes.

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderment2 View Post
    So has someone broken the NDA, like the one T&E signed etc, for the closed alpha?

- - - Updated - - -

No way in hell they already have 11.0 models.

It does look manawyrm-y but it's definitely from 10, 10.1 at most. We already know Blood Elves are the race making the main Horde expedition to the Dragon Isles so could be linked to them.
    Actually, that model could have been created "for now" with a thought of possible revamp in 11.0. And since I'm a huge advocate for 11.0 total revamp - I believe it makes sense.
    Creating a wider pool of reusable model for a possible future revamp in mind isn't a bad idea, especially when you can effectively sell that new model via microtransactions, before it gets adopted as a common model in-game. In such radical cases (full revamp), I'd assume that workflow is much smoother than "okay, here's our plan for 11.0, you have two years to prepare all the stuff we need". It would be much wiser to prepare models, assets, textures, props, etc. in a big advance and consistently incorporate them into game on a regular basis, so when the time comes, you actually can replace all the old models with updated versions - think of 'Siege of Orgrimmar' that shared assets with WoD but on a larger scale.
    We get updated gnolls, tuskarrs, centaurs etc. Why wouldn't they re-use these models in 11.0's possible revamp?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    The Dragonmaw are still part of the Horde. The Horde was shackling proto drakes on a large scale as late as Garrosh' reign and even today the Dragonmaw use broken protodrakes.
    And we can't play as a Dragonmaw Orc. And our characters will still befriend a protodrake on the Dragon Isles. Stop generalizing ....

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    And we can't play as a Dragonmaw Orc. And our characters will still befriend a protodrake on the Dragon Isles. Stop generalizing ....
    They are still a major orc clan and part of the Horde and their entire culture is based on enslaving powerful creatures and since they came to Azeroth, dragons. The Horde has in no way censured them for their actions just as the Horde has never really admitted any fault for any of their actions at any time.
    Look, Alex is a forgiving creature, probably mostly since she knows that without the demon chain if any orc tried to get uppity with her, they'd be bbq. It's in the past, the Horde is a powerful faction and it would be insane to discount them as allies. But the idea that rape, forced impregnation, torture of her and her consort and enslavement of her children is just water under the bridge is ludicrous. The story writers are ludicrous themselves so who cares at this point. But you can forgive without forgetting.

Lol, consequences for the Horde.

The Zug Zug people will be forgiven for literally raping Alexstrasza for war purposes and mounting her children, just like they got forgiven by the rest of the world for almost causing the destruction of said world... how many times? At least thrice for certain (WC1, WC2, MoP).

People here should know by now that the Zug zug people can commit all sorts of atrocities and will still be forgiven at the end. Velen literally forgave the orcs who, in case you didn't know, indeed raped Draenei women when they took Shattrath City by force.

Meanwhile, if any Alliance race even dared pull anything even remotely close to a single atrocity committed by the orcs, they'd never hear the end of it. Just look at how much shit Jaina still gets to this day for killing 4 shopkeepers in Dalaran.
    Last edited by Varodoc; 2022-07-13 at 08:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Lol, consequences for the Horde.

The Zug Zug people will be forgiven for literally raping Alexstrasza for war purposes and mounting her children, just like they got forgiven by the rest of the world for almost causing the destruction of said world... how many times? At least thrice for certain (WC1, WC2, MoP).

People here should know by now that the Zug zug people can commit all sorts of atrocities and will still be forgiven at the end. Velen literally forgave the orcs who, in case you didn't know, indeed raped Draenei women when they took Shattrath City by force.

Meanwhile, if any Alliance race even dared pull anything even remotely close to a single atrocity committed by the orcs, they'd never hear the end of it. Just look at how much shit Jaina still gets to this day for killing 4 shopkeepers in Dalaran.
    Tbf Alleria nearly blowing up the sunwell was a much bigger atrocity than anything any orc did EVER. Roid elves really need to be extinguished ASAP.

I think Blizzard fucked up tremendously by using the name "Horde" and "Alliance" for the factions formed after WC3 when a "Horde" and "Alliance" already existed that has nothing to do with this new Horde and Alliance.

Because it really muddies the water and additionally creates stupid discussions like this.

for literally raping Alexstrasza
    This part of lore is very problematic. Since this was written by misogynist writers who no longer work for Blizzard, I hope this gets retconned. We don't need this.
    Last edited by BaumanKing; 2022-07-13 at 08:56 AM.

Hopefully this is just idle state where you obviously wouldn't have combat effects on your screen. But what I notice with the arrow hiding the buffs affecting your character is that it makes it even worse than currently. You don't see what's affecting your character, you don't see stacks, procs and timers on effects that in most cases are essential to not only your optimal performance but the reasonable functioning of your spec. All these things that every player engaging in higher level of difficulty content uses weak auras and add-ons for.

In the current UI all these effects are clumped together to form two or three rolls of icons that you can't rely on to monitor your effects and play accordingly. Just hiding all these icons achievs nothing to improve how the UI informs you of your effects, it just clears the screen. Not that freeing up the room for our add-ons and weak auras is bad, but I'd wish they just weren't needed.
    Last edited by Trumpcat; 2022-07-13 at 09:00 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Blizzard do what the players want all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by ExiHext View Post
    Tbf Alleria nearly blowing up the sunwell was a much bigger atrocity than anything any orc did EVER. Roid elves really need to be extinguished ASAP.
    You are comparing a potentially dangerous accident where there was clearly no intention, even accepted by everyone there that there was no intention to everything any orc ever did including Gul'dan, Ner'zhul and in our case, Zuluhed? Really? Holy mother of hot takes.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by BaumanKing View Post
    This part of lore is very problematic. Since this was written by misogynist writers who no longer work for Blizzard, I hope this gets retconned. We don't need this.
    Rape happens and is horrible. As long as when it is part of the story it is not shown directly (to avoid triggering actual assault victims with PTSD, which are unfortunately so many) and it is unequivocally shown that what is happening is not acceptable, it should be shown. Hiding violence against women is not progress.

You are comparing a potentially dangerous accident where there was clearly no intention, even accepted by everyone there that there was no intention to everything any orc ever did including Gul'dan, Ner'zhul and in our case, Zuluhed? Really? Holy mother of hot takes.
    None of those orcs are even remotely related to playable Horde faction, so there's no point even bringing it up?

Also, walking into a (literally) Holy place while you are a ticking Void time bomb is questionable at best LMAO.

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpcat View Post

Hopefully this is just idle state where you obviously wouldn't have combat effects on your screen. But what I notice with the arrow hiding the buffs affecting your character is that it makes it even worse than currently. You don't see what's affecting your character, you don't see stacks, procs and timers on effects that in most cases are essential to not only your optimal performance but the reasonable functioning of your spec. All these things that every player engaging in higher level of difficulty content uses weak auras and add-ons for.

In the current UI all these effects are clumped together to form two or three rolls of icons that you can't rely on to monitor your effects and play accordingly. Just hiding all these icons achievs nothing to improve how the UI informs you of your effects, it just clears the screen. Not that freeing up the room for our add-ons and weak auras is bad, but I'd wish they just weren't needed.
    Seriously? Ofc it's idle state. It's a player just standing still to take a screenshot?

You don't seem to know roid elf fanboy...perhaps then you would understand my intention.

- - - Updated - - -

Rape happens and is horrible. As long as when it is part of the story it is not shown directly (to avoid triggering actual assault victims with PTSD, which are unfortunately so many) and it is unequivocally shown that what is happening is not acceptable, it should be shown. Hiding violence against women is not progress.
    Alleria lives rent free in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    None of those orcs are even remotely related to playable Horde faction, so there's no point even bringing it up?

Also, walking into a (literally) Holy place while you are a ticking Void time bomb is questionable at best LMAO.
    Gorfax very much is part of the leadership structure of the Horde, confirmed in game and was part of the clan at the very least as early as TBC during the enslavement of the Netherwing and certainly during Cata and MoP with the enslavement of various protodrakes.

And given the capital city is named Orgrimmar and everything happened with Orgrim's enthusiastic approval I don't know what to tell you. It's like if Germans had renamed Bonn into Adolfsburg after WWII . . .
    Last edited by Nymrohd; 2022-07-13 at 09:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BaumanKing View Post
    Of course it will get retconned, it always happens when the Horde does something problematic. Can't risk making the writer's pets look problematic now, can we?

Look how no one in-universe ever points out that the trolls are cannibals and the Forsaken lobotomized people.

Alleria lives rent free in this thread.
    I mean, I am glad that she appears somewhere, considering she is entirely irrelevant to WoW, even the developers forgot about her lmao

Quote Originally Posted by ExiHext View Post
    You don't seem to know roid elf fanboy...perhaps then you would understand my intention.
    I have him on ignore since if I interact with him I will invariably get infracted. The fact that he is . . . well what he is doesn't mean we should blame the Void elves or Alleria.

They are still a major orc clan and part of the Horde
    And Blue/Black Dragonflights are still the allied dragonflights we'll interact with. The blues / blacks did more harm to the entire Azeroth than the Dragonmaw did to the dragons.

If the dragons are to hold a grudge against the Horde, so should the entire world against all dragonflights for not exterminating blue/black dragonflights.

Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    I mean, I am glad that she appears somewhere, considering she is entirely irrelevant to WoW, even the developers forgot about her lmao
    I don't know what this post is even supposed to mean.