Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    Blizzard can find and fix bugs without having a public beta lol, which is mainly just marketing and a small number of people actually report bugs anyways.
    Sure about that??

Quote Originally Posted by T3ramos View Post
    Sure about that??

Ok and which statistic am I supposed to be impressed about lol?

The no. of reported bugs is a rookie number for a QA team, leta lone a public alpha with tens of thousands of people participating.

Quote Originally Posted by Sensa1 View Post
    pending class action lawsuit incoming...in 1...2..3...
    You. Do. Not. Get. Sued. For. Delays. People.

Quote Originally Posted by Woods123 View Post
    You. Do. Not. Get. Sued. For. Delays. People.
    you do for violating a contractual commitment to provide a service by a certain date...especially under California law...if they don't deliver by the end of 2022 its a sure bet a class action lawsuit will be filed...the ultimate award may be measly like a month of free game time plus lawyers fees but there will be a lawsuit if they don't deliver on time.

you do for violating a contractual commitment to provide a service by a certain date...especially under California law...if they don't deliver by the end of 2022 its a sure bet a class action lawsuit will be filed...the ultimate award may be measly like a month of free game time plus lawyers fees but there will be a lawsuit if they don't deliver on time.
    No, you don’t, for the love of god people where are you getting this from? Warcraft reforged was delayed by over a god damn year. Cyberpunk was delayed for how long? A decade? Ffs people.

A month of free gaming? Did your older brother tell you that or something LOL
    Last edited by Woods123; 2022-07-08 at 11:58 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirbydude65 View Post
    Alpha/Betas in the past have only run for 3-4 months. That would firmly put it at an October November release date for 2022. Where is this idea that Alphas and Betas last 6 months?
    They read internet troll post and follow the online whine train.
    I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work
    www.twitch.tv/mcitra

Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    TBC - 3 months
    Wrath - 4 months
    Cata - 5 months
    MoP - 6 months
    WoD - 5 months
    Legion - 8 months
    BfA - 6 months
    Shadowlands - 7 months

https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Beta

People are forgetting that there isn't much to Dragonflight. AND the biggest reason why you shouldn't judge previous Beta cycles, is because it has nothing to do with the game today. Releasing a beta to the public at large isn't necessary for software development.
    Wym there isn’t much? They got a new talent system revamp for 30+ specs. That alone is gonna take a lot of internal testing.
    DRAGONFLIGHT BETA CLUB

Quote Originally Posted by Usernameforforums View Post
    Wym there isn’t much? They got a new talent system revamp for 30+ specs.
    That's correct, there is only ONE new tech involved (dragon flight mechanic) other than that it is old old tech with new data.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorachus View Post
    So based off that, the game release is most likely March / April 2023, not end of 2022?

I always thought the December 2022 release date was BS, and Blizzard knows it too, I still say Dragonflight release is Spring 2023.
    No it does not. Release date is still December. That has no bearing on how long ALpha is and there is no set rule for how long alpha/beta has to be. So, calling their release date is beyond premature.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Usernameforforums View Post
    Wym there isn’t much? They got a new talent system revamp for 30+ specs. That alone is gonna take a lot of internal testing.
    That is old tech with data tuning. They can do most of that internally. The only thing they need players for would be to try it out to get feedback on player feel.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorachus View Post
    So based off that, the game release is most likely March / April 2023, not end of 2022?

I always thought the December 2022 release date was BS, and Blizzard knows it too, I still say Dragonflight release is Spring 2023.
    dragonflight seem pretty bare bones,no crazy systems,no islands,torghast etc etc,its likely the alpha and beta can end much faster,i mean what are they testing?

Lolno. It happened with WC3R and nothing happened, nobody moved, nothing shook. Nothing happened it’s not legally binding.

I don't see the point in comparing time spent in Beta test between Shadowlands and Dragonflight. Shadowlands suffered largely from really stupid decisions, which still exist in game. If development would focus on making it a fun game instead of a sport, it could have been great.

Quote Originally Posted by THEORACLE64 View Post
    Lolno. It happened with WC3R and nothing happened, nobody moved, nothing shook. Nothing happened it’s not legally binding.
    Blizzard also gave out refunds for WC3R so cant really say nothing happened. Why would they give refunds if they knew nothing would happen to them? Just out of the goodness of their hearts?

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard can find and fix bugs without having a public beta lol
    *Every internally tested Mythic raid boss has entered the chat*

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Smith View Post
    *Every internally tested Mythic raid boss has entered the chat*
    Bad memes aside, I hope you do know that WoW is a lot more than mythic raiding and that mythic raids have never been tested all throughout the alpha/beta anyways, so there is plenty of time left for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Baroclinic View Post
    I don't see the point in comparing time spent in Beta test between Shadowlands and Dragonflight. Shadowlands suffered largely from really stupid decisions, which still exist in game. If development would focus on making it a fun game instead of a sport, it could have been great.
    They do focus on making it a fun game. What you are really saying is they need to focus on making it a fun game for YOU. Fun is subjective. What you find fun, others do not and vice versa. You not finding it fun does nto mean they aren't focused on trying to make it a fun game.

That's not how class action lawsuits work.....
    Insanity is repeating the same action and expecting different results. *Cough, Blizzard!, COUGH*

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    That's correct, there is only ONE new tech involved (dragon flight mechanic) other than that it is old old tech with new data.
    And I also wouldn’t put it passed them to keep iterating over the talent trees like they do every week with hotfixes and patches etc.

Also most likely a large amount of the talents is going to be tested internally and the alpha/beta will be to see how it goes with people using it and then worked on from there and that won’t take 9 months to do…

Blizzard can find and fix bugs without having a public beta lol, which is mainly just marketing and a small number of people actually report bugs anyways.
    As a QA analyst for a much smaller gaming company the first few hours of beta testing/test servers the players test more than all of the dev hours combined for a few weeks there's just that many more eyes on the content. Its impossible to catch everything players will always find stuff or break stuff in ways the devs had no idea was even possible