Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    Something I was wondering recently. Assuming theres no new big features to be announced.... what is there for casual players in Dragonflight? It, as of now, just looks like another WoD-esque: We only care about what hardcore players do. But at least WoD had the Garrison which, while kinda shit, was at least something that all players could take part in.
    Nothing is there
    quit the game better

Quote Originally Posted by ellieg View Post
    You run that key, then get a new one. Try to do it faster and you'll build score. Itll be another completed run that also looks good on your profile. Youll get a new higher key that will also give you score. You may also get loot that increases ur ilvl. Youll get valor to increase your ilvl. Youll get vault progress to increase your ilvl.

A couple hours per week means 2+ keys a week. Just keep grinding your own key whenever you can play and you'll build rio. Itll take longer than if you could target the exact keys you want/need but that's part of pugging / being casual / having limited play time.

And don't tell me its not possible because my own ksm achieves I get every season state that it is.
    So I should waste my precious time running a different dungeon than the one I want to run? I'd have to be a special kind of idiot if I did that.

Quote Originally Posted by Echo of Soul View Post
    So I should waste my precious time running a different dungeon than the one I want to run? I'd have to be a special kind of idiot if I did that.
    So you choose to not do any dungeon?

I feel like most people complaining are the non casuals. I’m a casual and have been for many years. I feel like I have an endless list of things to do.

Hardcore folks are mad because there doesn’t seem to be end game systems that they cried for so long to get rid of. Cant please them. They hate the game because it’s popular to hate the game. I guarantee a lot of people complaining only played SL for the first month but see everyone else complaining so they join in. It’s mob mentality. Think for yourselves people.

Casuals are looking forward to the achieves, treasures, pets and reps, happy as clams.

So from running your own key, you get:
    Potential rio from timing it faster
    Potential gear drops
    Valor
    Vault progress
    A new key

But because you aren't 100% efficient with your time, and not instantly doing the exact dungeon you want, you won't run any? And running your own key instead of no key is being an idiot?

Like I understand this is a video game, but its called grinding rating because its a grind.

I guess if you want ksm and you don't just do each dungeon at 15 and only at 15 you're an idiot for wasting your time lol.

And its not gatekeeping. Rio is literally your resume showing all the dungeons you've done. If your rating is low it means you have less experience. Run your own key and acquire experience lol. No use crying that people won't carry you with the key they grinded for.

Quote Originally Posted by Pazzal View Post
    I feel like most people complaining are the non casuals. I’m a casual and have been for many years. I feel like I have an endless list of things to do.

Hardcore folks are mad because there doesn’t seem to be end game systems that they cried for so long to get rid of. Cant please them. They hate the game because it’s popular to hate the game. I guarantee a lot of people complaining only played SL for the first month but see everyone else complaining so they join in. It’s mob mentality. Think for yourselves people.

Casuals are looking forward to the achieves, treasures, pets and reps, happy as clams.
    Sorry but that's all shit tier gameplay if you're not an old f@#k with parkinson though.
    I'm not implying everything in an mmorpg should be high octane gameplay but it should be certainly a bigger part of it for casual play.

Same for why lfr is so terrible, whoever thought "yep, this is the experience we want to give new and casual players" should be fired.
    Last edited by Caprias; 2022-07-14 at 01:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Caprias View Post
    Sorry but that's all shit tier gameplay if you're not an old f@#k with parkinson though.
    I'm not implying everything in an mmorpg should be high octane gameplay but it should be certainly a bigger part of it for casual play.

Same for why lfr is so terrible, whoever thought "yep, this is the experience we want to give new and casual players" should be fired.
    What is a casual to you? What is stopping you from casually doing m+, raids, or pvp?

LFR is bad because the community is bad. The mindset is LFR sucks so I'm not going to try or go AFK. And everyone who believes that and does that contributes to LFR sucking. It's a literal self reinforcing cycle.

I also find it amusing that you seem incapable of understanding that other people can like things you do not without being a mentally disabled senior.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

What is a casual to you? What is stopping you from casually doing m+, raids, or pvp?
    Oh I think so too but for many it is not doing any organized group content ever, the moment you do that you gain a 100 pounds and a neckbeard apparently.
    Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    LFR is bad because the community is bad. The mindset is LFR sucks so I'm not going to try or go AFK. And everyone who believes that and does that contributes to LFR sucking. It's a literal self reinforcing cycle.

I also find it amusing that you seem incapable of understanding that other people can like things you do not without being a mentally disabled senior.
    I agree and that's part of it but also it is badly designed, you either have tank and spank bosses with nothing happening or there are bosses with 1-2 important mechanics that are not that greatly indicated and you will farm determination stacks, also feeling kind of bad.

To the last paragraph that's what I mean with gameplay, I absolutely understand that collecting stuff is fun for many people but if you want to tell me that's good gameplay then go run around in ICC and press 1 button to oneshot everything grandpa.

Oh I think so too but for many it is not doing any organized group content ever, the moment you do that you gain a 100 pounds and a neckbeard apparently.

I agree and that's part of it but also it is badly designed, you either have tank and spank bosses with nothing happening or there are bosses with 1-2 important mechanics that are not that greatly indicated and you will farm determination stacks, also feeling kind of bad.

To the last paragraph that's what I mean with gameplay, I absolutely understand that collecting stuff is fun for many people but if you want to tell me that's good gameplay then go run around in ICC and press 1 button to oneshot everything grandpa.
    So you acknowledge it's fun for people but deny it's good gameplay in the same sentence. The mental dissonance here is real.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

So you acknowledge it's fun for people but deny it's good gameplay in the same sentence. The mental dissonance here is real.
    There's a difference between an activity being fun and the gameplay being good. I believe by good gameplay hes talking about the inputs being interesting and challenging, as opposed to pressing 1 button to 1shot old content. Like getting tmog is fun, pressing frostbolt 1 time is not.

Collecting things and completing collections can be motivating/fun while the active process to achieve that is not.
    Which, again, unless you are in retirement age I just don't believe it is good for like 90%+ of collectibles.

Do people run ICC because the gameplay of it is still intriguing and so deep after the 10th run?
    Or do they run it because they want some transmog, achievement and invincible out of it?

There's a difference between an activity being fun and the gameplay being good. I believe by good gameplay hes talking about the inputs being interesting and challenging, as opposed to pressing 1 button to 1shot old content. Like getting tmog is fun, pressing frostbolt 1 time is not.
    I can see that way of thinking. Thank you.

Still doesn't help him by starting the entire debate with "the only people who could possibly like this thing I don't like are mentally disabled seniors."

5+ Year Old Account
    When you play the game casually, an hour here or there when you happen to have some free time joining groups may not even be an option because of gatekeeping. If you have two hours to play you may not want to spend 50% of that time idle looking for a group either.
    hot take but if you have so little time maybe this isn't the game for you?

Quote Originally Posted by enigma77 View Post
    hot take but if you have so little time maybe this isn't the game for you?
    Ah yes, the very gatekeeping I was talking about.

5+ Year Old Account
    Ah yes, the very gatekeeping I was talking about.
    The truth is not gatekeeping

different games require different time investments

you are asking for the game to be dumbed down and watered down because you can't put in sufficient time

I'm telling you to kindly go play a different game

Quote Originally Posted by Xerberous View Post
    Let's face it - Housing would actually be great for Casuals (and not only for them). By the way, the devs are in favor of housing, yet Blizz is simply to greedy to make the necessary resources available.
    Housing does not solve the main problem with WoW lack of solo/casual content, it would just be another pointless system barely used by anyone, we already know housing is not needed in WoW, so until they add in a ton of things to do for all players, its stupid to want pointless systems like housing.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

10+ Year Old Account
    Like litterally everything?
    You have dungeons, mythic + keys, raids, pet-battle, achivements, transmogs, mounts, pvp, hidden things etc.

You do the things you want to do in the peace and time you want to put into the game and are rewarded for the things you do.

Not everything have to be defined ”i am casual so therefor i want casual specific items”

I went from hardcore to semi hardcore to casual and i do the things I enjoy doing with the time i have (which is little) but there is plenty
    I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work
    www.twitch.tv/mcitra

10+ Year Old Account
    I cannot stop thinking about Body Type 1 and Body Type 2...it's fucking hilarious to me...and that's my casual WoW content....just staring at a wall and thinking....why?....I think the modern world is breaking me.

Quote Originally Posted by cantrip View Post
    Anyone who plays for longer than 5 years has nothing to do in WoW anymore short after an expac launch. Which is one of the reasons millions of players quit short after a new expac launch. As like in shadowlands, when 60% of the playerbase left in two months.
    You need to get rid of the notion that just because this is MMO, people have to sub for YEARS. No, there are people who are there for the long run, and there are people who buy the game, do the story, level up to max, try out a couple of dungeons and unsub. And nothing's wrong with that. Blizzard still makes money, and those people have fun for two months (which is probably more they play many other games). Sun still shines, flowers still bloom, the world is not ending.