Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Dragonflight Alpha - Dragonriding

Dragonflight Alpha - Dragonriding
    Several other content creators had the opportunity to test out Dragonriding.

10+ Year Old Account
    T&E are a cancer.

7+ Year Old Account
    So from the videos it just looks like flying with some new animations. I don't see what's going to be fun about it.

7+ Year Old Account
    looks neat to me. cant wait to try it out
    “Listen, three eyes,” he said, “don’t you try to outweird me, I get stranger things than you free with my breakfast cereal.”

Quote Originally Posted by Rendark View Post
    So from the videos it just looks like flying with some new animations. I don't see what's going to be fun about it.
    So all these content creators had access to the alpha for a few days earlier and suddenly they all just make videos on the guild wars riding? Sounds like they were told what to push from Blizz, obviously.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Looks ok, but not worth any kind of hype whatsoever. I mean if this is going to be the main selling feature then they might as well just piss off. The comments about going back to classic fantasy was more intriguing.

games having gameplay is a good thing. Not that I take the videos to heart, since I have to try it myself to know. But anything is better than features with 0 gameplay.

that looks like no more afk flying i like it

I don't know, we fly because it's convenient, going from point A to B, you can fill your cup when u fly etc and doing your thing when reached the destination, it will be fun for the first time, but i think this will be pain in the ass.
    And many ppl buy the DF now to get the new leafy dragon, what don't look like this so they even can use it there?

I can't wait to check it out myself, the videos don't really seem to do it justice, but if the T&E video is anything to go by (I never understood the hate for them, yes they're over the top excited a lot, but I've always found the information pretty accurate and their opinions not so far from my own), the game play loop created as a result of Dragon Riding makes the overall game play experience more enjoyable. Which, if true, is absolutely a good thing.

I'm excited for the feature and for the expansion. And even just the glimpses of the Evoker get me excited to try that out too.

Cautiously optimistic so far.

This looks exactly like what flying should have been from the get go. Glad Blizzard finally got around to it.

I'm hoping this means ordinary flying will be phased out eventually. I never liked how the instant you're in the air the entire game turns into Google Earth gameplay wise.

Quote Originally Posted by Loreth88 View Post
    I don't know, we fly because it's convenient, going from point A to B, you can fill your cup when u fly etc and doing your thing when reached the destination, it will be fun for the first time, but i think this will be pain in the ass.
    In an open world game, the journey is meant to be a pain in the ass, it adds meaning to reaching the destination.
    Last edited by Iain; 2022-07-14 at 05:36 PM.

I can imagine its abit like the Links Glide in Zelda Botw... its much fun... but dragonriding looking way to strong.

Overall i really disliked this feature, because it looks like you will never really walk around the world. You will just Fly from Quest to Quest like you did in Cata. And that is fcking boring and bad. And in the End ist will be more frustrating then fun, when you didnt make it on the top destination, and need to climb back on the highground and try it again.

"tHeN dOnT uSe DrAgOnRiDinG" ... pls stop.

Dragon riding looks like it's going to get old super fast.

These content creators are Blizzard shills, likely financially motivated.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    Dragon riding looks like it's going to get old super fast.

These content creators are Blizzard shills, likely financially motivated.
    Did you just call Quazii a Blizzard shill?

Bro, drink beer, not varnish.

Quote Originally Posted by Caprias View Post
    Did you just call Quazii a Blizzard shill?

Bro, drink beer, not varnish.
    Well they've enjoyed something Blizzard did. Doesn't it make them Blizzard shills by definition...?

Quote Originally Posted by Rageonit View Post
    Well they've enjoyed something Blizzard did. Doesn't it make them Blizzard shills by definition...?
    Funny thing is, I fully agree that this will get old a few weeks in, the "they're all shills, nyeeeeeh!!" commentary was just completely unnecessary.

And tbh it already looks 10x better than normal flying which is: point to direction>auto fly>afk>tab in every few minutes to look if you reached/overshot your target.
    Last edited by Caprias; 2022-07-14 at 08:47 PM.

Looks pretty awesome, let's hope they can ultimately expand it to more mounts and to include some player interaction in the air.

Quote Originally Posted by Iain View Post
    In an open world game, the journey is meant to be a pain in the ass, it adds meaning to reaching the destination.
    Last time I checked the more of a pain in the ass content is, the less inclined players will engage with it. If it's a chore then players will just look for other means of transportation. You don't need meaning for every destination and it will be lost after a thousand times anyways.

Looks tedious and annoying. Though I don't care about the open world in wow so it's fair to say it's not for me. Hopefully they learned from sl and actually have a ripcord to pull this time rather then splattering on the country side.

Quote Originally Posted by Sammonoske View Post
    Last time I checked the more of a pain in the ass content is, the less inclined players will engage with it. If it's a chore then players will just look for other means of transportation. You don't need meaning for every destination and it will be lost after a thousand times anyways.
    That's okay, the game provides flightmasters for auto-pilot. The problem is that normal flying is basically autopilot as well.