Page 1 of 11
... LastLast

Master looter back!!!!!

Yes yes yes, Blizzard has reverted the biggest mistake EVER!

I argued this soooo many times with people on this forum. Feels good to be right.

it's good that they give you the choice again, but i don't think it's going to make much difference in amount of "wasted" items in the first week or two of a new raid. every raid always has items nobody wants no matter what.

farmraids will probably still use personal loot just because you can target loot better.

You wanna post a source for that? Because all I am seeing is Group Loot coming back and Ian specifically said Master Loot is NOT.
    I found I enjoyed the game significantly more when I stopped paying attention to all the people on the forums telling me how much I am supposed to hate it
    All this complaining is simply further proof that Blizzard could send each and every player a real-life wish-granting flying unicorn carrying a solid gold plate of chocolate chip cookies wrapped in hundred dollar bills, and someone would whine that Blizzard sucks for not letting them choose oatmeal raisin.

Quote Originally Posted by Gurbz View Post
    You wanna post a source for that? Because all I am seeing is Group Loot coming back and Ian specifically said Master Loot is NOT.
    it's effectively the same, unless they are going to keep the highest ilvl based trade restrictions, but it didn't sound that way.

it'll just be "everybody pass and let the raidleader loot everything" in guildruns.

Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    It would really help if either of you could back your claims for all of us who can’t find a comment. Thanks.
    https://www.wowhead.com/news/blizzar...nflight-327693
    I found I enjoyed the game significantly more when I stopped paying attention to all the people on the forums telling me how much I am supposed to hate it
    All this complaining is simply further proof that Blizzard could send each and every player a real-life wish-granting flying unicorn carrying a solid gold plate of chocolate chip cookies wrapped in hundred dollar bills, and someone would whine that Blizzard sucks for not letting them choose oatmeal raisin.

5+ Year Old Account
    I think this is fake. Nice try though. You damn scared me.

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudmaker View Post
    I think this is fake. Nice try though. You damn scared me.
    It was confirmed by Ion on Towel stream.
    I mean he said 'group loot is back without any restrictions' so i think it is it.
    ML is back... and i am one (biggish) step closer to be back (or atleast try) retail again.
    Removing it was one of the main reasons i did not want to continue playing.
    Last edited by Mendzia; 2022-07-14 at 04:50 PM.

Not Masterloot, the Master looter to has to collect every piece from random players with arguments ensuing when they're not willing to hand them over - loot.

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    Not Masterloot, the Master looter to has to collect every piece from random players with arguments ensuing when they're not willing to hand them over - loot.
    Welp... if that is true - i will probably won't touch it at all.

As a potential RL i want to decide how loot be distributed as it was years ago.
    You do not accept my rules i say before inv - you can't join.
    Simple as that.

Quote Originally Posted by Mendzia View Post
    It was confirmed by Ion on Towel stream.
    I mean he said 'group loot is back without any restrictions' so i think it is it.
    ML is back... and i am one (biggish) step closer to be back (or atleast try) retail again.
    Removing it was one of the main reasons i did not want to continue playing.
    This has to be one of the most asinine things I've ever read.

"I enjoyed the game and it was fun, but I stopped playing because the main way to ninja loot items was removed"... Really that's a pretty interesting take right there.

Master loot is absolute trash and the game is infinitely better without it. Luckily it doesn't sound like it's actually coming back, it'll just be group loot and it'll only be in raids not dungeons, so it's significantly better than if master loot was actually returning.

Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    This has to be one of the most asinine things I've ever read.
    Sure.
    You have right to not agree.

"I enjoyed the game and it was fun, but I stopped playing because the main way to ninja loot items was removed"... Really that's a pretty interesting take right there.
    That is not even close i stated.
    Read my post again.

Master loot is absolute trash and the game is infinitely better without it.
    You like raid lead with PL? - Sure. You can still use it whenever you want.
    I, as a raid leader want to decide how loot is distributed as i want. You have nothing to this.

Luckily it doesn't sound like it's actually coming back, it'll just be group loot and it'll only be in raids not dungeons, so it's significantly better than if master loot was actually returning.
    Fine.
    Most likely i won't check it at all then.

Master loot is absolute trash and the game is infinitely better without it.
    Just one question: Why?

Read my post again

I, as a raid leader want to decide how loot is distributed as i want. You have nothing to this.

Fine.
    Ah I see, you're one of those raid leaders that's guaranteed to be super toxic and controlling over everything. Yeah, I don't really think anyone will miss you not playing the game, if adding back master looter attracts people like you then they definitely made the right call getting rid of it and not adding it.

Quote Originally Posted by Popastique View Post
    Just one question: Why?
    Because it doesn't solve a single problem yet it adds a bunch. That's objectively bad design, therefore it's trash and the game is better without it.

Because it doesn't solve a single problem yet it adds a bunch. That's objectively bad design, therefore it's trash and the game is better without it.
    Hmmm , *adds a bunch of problems* you say - what problems?

- - - Updated - - -

Ah I see, you're one of those raid leaders that's guaranteed to be super toxic and controlling over everything. Yeah, I don't really think anyone will miss you not playing the game, if adding back master looter attracts people like you then they definitely made the right call getting rid of it and not adding it.
    There is difference between been toxic with loot and distributing loot to people who matter on certain bosses during progression.

I see you are one of the internet doctors that is able to examine others and make diagnosis basing on their posts...
    How about just move on and read posts more carefully before commenting?

Yes.
    Your opinion is objective one for sure...

I don't like ML. When I was doing it, there were always people unhappy about mine & loot council decisions. Personal loot at least prevents huge in-group tensions. If it's / were to be back, it should be restricted to full guild groups-only.

Quote Originally Posted by marcusblood View Post
    Yes yes yes, Blizzard has reverted the biggest mistake EVER!
    You know that is subjective right? You can't claim it's the "biggest mistake ever"

Quote Originally Posted by marcusblood View Post
    I argued this soooo many times with people on this forum. Feels good to be right.
    First you provided no source or information confirming this. Secondly, just because something comes back does mean you were right. Just means they brought it back and testing it.

Sure.
    You have right to not agree.

Read my post again.

Fine.

the other guy is right you seem like a control freak prick good riddance

Acknowledging that there are still details to work out, he made clear that Group Loot isn't Master Loot in which drops are directly controlled and assigned by one person, but fulfils the general desire of a shared pool of drops not awarded based on group composition the way Personal Loot is, that players can freely trade among each other.
    Sounds like the biggest difference is going to be getting dead items that nobody needs when it stops checking who’s in the group.

The only question is if this can decimate split runs or not.
    So, is it?