Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Renaming them to body type 1 and 2 seems like typical over-correction on their part but I am all for pronouns and selectable voices if that makes someone feel better.

Quote Originally Posted by Selah View Post
    It's really weird to remove male and female but then to turn around and allow customized pronouns including he and her. Seems a bit logically inconsistent. Besides, isn't removing the male and female body types immediately undone by the inclusion of pronouns? https://www.wowhead.com/news/inclusi...options-327718

I mean, if you're really set on this then at least be consistent in your thinking on the subject.
    This is consistent. Multiple options for all sides.

Someone somewhere must be finding this change adequate, beneficial and needed. Feels like in a few years "the west" will have its own ruleset for reality and the rest of the world will be scratching their necks wondering was it the heat from the climate change that affected their thought patterns.
    Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Blizzard do what the players want all the time.

It's really weird to remove male and female but then to turn around and allow customized pronouns including he and her. Seems a bit logically inconsistent. Besides, isn't removing the male and female body types immediately undone by the inclusion of pronouns? https://www.wowhead.com/news/inclusi...options-327718

I mean, if you're really set on this then at least be consistent in your thinking on the subject.
    Looks like you can change your voice too. I wonder if that changes it for everyone or just yourself.

15+ Year Old Account
    I rolled my eyes once and that's about all the fucks I can be bothered to give about this, besides writing this post I guess.

Can we please just have good gameplay again?
    ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The fun factor would go up 1000x if WQs existed in vanilla

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    This is consistent. Multiple options for all sides.
    No, you're removing one description being male or female only to turn around in put it in elsewhere. Why remove it in the first place? Besides, wouldn't this be more inclusive of the target audience if they were to keep the descriptions? Isn't the goal to create characters that are relatable? No one is born and then everyone calls them "body type 1" until they personally change that years later down the road.

Typical body_type_2 "problem solving". Meanwhile, Blizzard's body_type_1 dev problems remain largely unaddressed and just swept under memory's rug.

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    Looks like you can change your voice too. I wonder if that changes it for everyone or just yourself.
    The voice changing is cool, I hope they use the opportunity to give us the option to choose outside of our usual voices. I'd love to have a human with an orc voice.

I'm all for customisation and representation but I'm puzzled by exact words used for this. Like, if you want to explain to other person what's the difference between body1 and body2 majority of people still use gendered terms regardless.

Quote Originally Posted by Iain View Post
    I personally identify as a body type 2 so I find this particularly welcoming from Blizzard to finally offer a game that represents me. It's clear that their VP of Culture is hitting the ground running.
    im so glad a FANTASY GAME is finally representing real People...

No, you're removing one description being male or female only to turn around in put it in elsewhere. Why remove it in the first place? Besides, wouldn't this be more inclusive of the target audience if they were to keep the descriptions? Isn't the goal to create characters that are relatable? No one is born and then everyone calls them "body type 1" until they personally change that years later down the road.
    Because removing it from the models lets you pick whatever you identify as while it's untied from the body.

I reckon the body type is more for the people who use they/them. The entire change is for them basically. I assume people who identify as he or she would just be fine with male and female respectively.

I for one think it's funny that in their attempts at "inclusivity" they've relegated females to being #2 behind males (excuse me, body type 1s)
    In all the games that do this, female characters always end up being Option 2, making male the default sex.

And Im dissatisfied with this forced change on my characters, to say the least. More and more games, at least localized ones, are removing the option to be called male or female completely. This extreme kind of political correctness is obnoxious to the point of offensive, because saying woman or female is equivalent to a slur now.

If they left male and female, and added the rest of the changes, this wouldnt get nearly as much blowback as it has.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Because removing it from the models lets you pick whatever you identify as while it's untied from the body.
    It doesn't change the fact that they will inherently be male or female body types. We can't just pretend that body type 2 doesn't have breasts. This reasoning is acting as a massive disservice to the people that it's trying to serve.

Quote Originally Posted by Goatfish View Post
    I think this change is meaningless. It's very obviously male/female sex.

A bit more cringe is the pronoun usage I saw they were adding, because the whole point of picking out your character is to make it what you want to be. Trans people who want to identify as 'trans' instead of as a certain sex are the super minority of a super minority. Like 5 total players are legit going to want to identify as female with a male character and the rest are going to be trolls and assholes. This whole neo-pronoun movement is antithetical to actually helping trans people.

None of these changes really matter to me in the end. I've accepted we live in clown world and will mock it at will so that I can stand to live in it without losing my own sanity.
    I wonder if we'll live long enough to see the end of coddling the cults.

Anyway, this obviously doesn't matter. Already playing pretend that belf females are as strong as male tauren!
    A better way to think about Casual v Hardcore: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...asual-Hardcore

i mean remember people there is only two genders

soon saying that you are male or female will be a 1m ban, pronorns will be next, the woke psychological cult its here and wow seems to be the doom hellhole with rainbows, breastmilk thiefs and bobby. The rest of the ppl have no option or choice, i cannot be just male or female? in a fantasy game? How odd that wow devs are more an activist sjw group than actual devs, may be is that why bfa and SL has so much issues. This will amke my expansion purchase harder bc i dont want real life stuff in my fantasy game. i gues the cat girls calls.

The mayority has to bow to the minority... that not inclusion, that is a tyrant regime, oh hey cancel culture.

Seems like it would let them add a race that doesn't have a clear defined body type between male and female but this is 20 years on and many many races later and we know they don't have any other races in mind for Dragonlands as of yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    I reckon the body type is more for the people who use they/them. The entire change is for them basically. I assume people who identify as he or she would just be fine with male and female respectively.
    But why remove male and female? With the inclusion of the pronouns and voices they can do whatever they want with their character. I'd like to think the they/them people wouldn't be so upset by male or female, especially since their objective isn't to be an alien but to find something more representative of their sense of self. And, many of these people still have aspects of themselves that are somewhat masculine or feminine and they're okay with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    Renaming them to body type 1 and 2 seems like typical over-correction on their part but I am all for pronouns and selectable voices if that makes someone feel better.
    Why? When has the game ever referred to the player character by the pronouns that correctly align with their sex?