Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    The fact people have a problem with this is hilarious. What about being called body type 1 takes away from you calling your character male? All it does is separate the body type from a title. So weird to be in such a tizzy about something.

Here are two scenarios: "Body type 1 my character is female" No conflict. "Male my character is female conflict." Your presumed "WAH I WANT TO BE MALE THO" What about being body type 1 has a conflict with being male? Literally zero. Its. A. Body. Type.

I'll stick with calling balls and strikes, thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rhrrngt View Post
    The fact people have a problem with this is hilarious. What about being called body type 1 takes away from you calling your character male? All it does is separate the body type from a title. So weird to be in such a tizzy about something.

Here are two scenarios: "Body type 1 my character is female" No conflict. "Male my character is female conflict." Your presumed "WAH I WANT TO BE MALE THO" What about being body type 1 has a conflict with being male? Literally zero. Its. A. Body. Type.
    So Body Type 1 is totally also representing also a Female. ?

Its. A. Body. Type

No its not.

Its male or female

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    Personally I can't recall any instances of the game using a gendered pronoun for the PC. But then again, I am typically not scanning the dialogue for such things. But either way it doesn't really effect me, so I don't care either way.

The whole body type 1 and 2 thing just strikes me as seemingly backwards but maybe its pretext for them adding more models for every race in the future, who knows.
    The game doesn't. The only instance I can think of is titles (i.e baron/baroness), in which case the game already changes those titles depending on whether the character is male or female, which can be already changed at the barber.

If it can already be changed why even bother removing male and female just to pander

Quote Originally Posted by Molvonos View Post
    "Reduced".

You speak as if this fundamentally hurts you in some tangible, physical way.

How does this change affect you at all?

Does it hurt your soul? Does it somehow tear at your masculinity (making the clear assumption you're male)?

No? Then you're getting yourself upset for absolutely no reason whatso ever instead of spending whatever amount of time you've thought about this, doing something far more productive.
    the ideology which is behind all these changes definitely is hurting a bunch of people right now

Quote Originally Posted by Dasn View Post
    So males and females just don't exist anymore?
    Apparently not anymore. Its all about people’s “feelings” not getting hurt or else you’re a right winger and insurrectionist.

It definitely hits differently with the medieval castle and cathedral in the background. The middle ages after all were well-known for their postgender societies.
    The absolute state of Warcraft lore in 2021:
    Kyrians: We need to keep chucking people into the Maw because it's our job.
    Also Kyrians: Why is the Maw growing stronger despite all our efforts?

Quote Originally Posted by Molvonos View Post
    "Reduced".

You speak as if this fundamentally hurts you in some tangible, physical way.

How does this change affect you at all?

Does it hurt your soul? Does it somehow tear at your masculinity (making the clear assumption you're male)?

No? Then you're getting yourself upset for absolutely no reason whatso ever instead of spending whatever amount of time you've thought about this, doing something far more productive.
    Why result to insults like these though?

Would it be nice to insult people who identify as "they/them" like that? No, it wouldn't. So why do it?

Ah, the usual weird discussion that follows the line of:

Blizz: "We really need to make this change, it's very important."

People: "But why do you actually need to do that?"

Other People: "Why are you questioning it? It's not a big deal."

People: "If it's not a big deal, why did it need doing in the first place?"

How the Hell we reached a point.

Where we teach our kids that males can get pregnant and its ok to wear girls clothes as boys.

Erasing genders, hating white poeple.

0.0001% with such big influence?

Curious where we are in 5 Years.

Are you Body Type 1 or 2? Do you feel being a women or a men? Or are you hyper-gender?

Do Females who hast breast insult you?

Lmao

Is the Black Dragonflight racist? Because Black is associated with Bad „deathwing“?

Quote Originally Posted by Th3Scourge View Post
    The game doesn't.
    It does, I remember several cases of it, can't name the exact quests, but it does do it from time to time.

The orc santa npc calls you a "little girl/boy" depending on the gender for example.
    Npc say stuff like "you're a reliable woman" or a "man of action" and stuff like that quite often.

*sigh*

This is one of those thing where it’s so painfully obvious they are acting ridiculous to sound woke, even when it’s not that big of a deal, but you can’t criticize it for being ridiculous even when it clearly is because woke people will just say “OMG WHY DO YOU CARE SO MUCH”.

Absolutely ridiculous

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    This thread didn't start off great and veered into forbidden topics in short order. Closing this.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead