Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    He wrote the title about Hogger, but then complained ONLY about the new gnoll models in general. Please read before commenting.
    I did read, albeit I was a bit too sarcastic.

I think OP means Hogger doesn't look mean enough for Hogger's reputation, which I agree with. However it's also been pointed out that Hogger never had a unique model, which is a fair point.

The old Hogger looks bad. The face does not even match the body.

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    Did they just white wash Hogger?
    Americans being american

Mom, can we have Hogger?
    No, we have hogger at home.
    Hogger at home:

Absolutely awful... and they even changed his skin colour, lol.
    It can be still just placeholder... hopefully.

Wdym the new Gnoll models are amazing. Are you complaining about the gnoll models in general or that Hogger just didn't get a unique, beefed up model?

He's complaining in general, because that is all he's good at.

10+ Year Old Account
    I assume they applied the generic new gnoll model to all the old genereic gnoll models in the game. Since Hogger was one of those, he got swapped as well.
    Hi

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    I don't know, we can argue whether Hogger "deserves" a unique model or not, but i think the new model doesn't fit Gnolls in general.

At least the Gnolls we've seen so far, maybe the Gnolls on the Dragon Isles are a lot more...tame?
    The ones posted on page 1 look alright, although they are not your typical gnoll model. I'd agree the new generic gnoll model (like this current Hogger one) doesn't fit them.

Skirdus posted these:

Last edited by Nerph-; 2022-07-15 at 07:40 AM. Reason: added image

Quote Originally Posted by Nerph- View Post
    Skirdus posted these:
    ...i can tell you already that those will be caster gnolls, because the original gnolls also had a hooded model that was exclusively used for casters.

And that's pretty much the major difference, the face of those models are covered up.

Where did they get all the new artists? Tumblr?

Quote Originally Posted by Skirdus View Post
    It's unfortunate because some of the new gnoll models honestly look really cool:

This appears to be an exception
    It's the same 'model', only now wearing awesome gear.

Seems clear that these gnolls will end up as an allied race at some point. And thus they're going to inevitably lead us into this more anthropomorphised uncanny valley.

What I like less about the new gnolls is that they're more 'anatomically correct'. Sounds weird. But the legacy gnolls have this weird bend in their neck compensating for their curved spine:

HotS got this right as well.

The result heavily contributes to what makes gnolls the cartoony bandits players like. By bending their neck downward to compensate for this curved spine they become less comical.

hogger looks like a furry ready to go on moonguard, wtf

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    You're free to disagree but i will point out that Hogger in WoW has always had a generic Gnoll model.
    Matter of fact, that model isn't even "new", it's been shown to us when they announced DF.
    Generic Gnoll model in WoW always looked ragged, dirty and savage. Like a fucking gnoll should. Even with limited resources they made sure to put emphasis on stuff like rotting, overgrown teeth, tattered clothing and hints of blood on the fur.

Having the new model look like a puppy is a step backwards.

Looks like some furry wet dream.

Doesn't look like a proper, more savage gnoll at all.

What are the odds that they are outsourcing artists nowadays? I'd like to believe nobody who has worked in Blizzard for more than a few days would butcher the design of an established character this much.

I don't know how it's possible to create models 15 years later and make them worse, despite being more detailed. The new tuskarr models also somehow look worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Caprias View Post
    #1 Furry mmorpg btw.
    As an avid furry, even the furries prefered Hoggers old model, at least my friends and myself think that. We love us some rabid anthroes.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    What are the odds that they are outsourcing artists nowadays? I'd like to believe nobody who has worked in Blizzard for more than a few days would butcher the design of an established character this much.
    The sparkle elves visage form of the dragons are one of their in house artists shoving in an OC race.

They arent outsourcing, the artists just have no respect for the source material.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

Wdym the new Gnoll models are amazing. Are you complaining about the gnoll models in general or that Hogger just didn't get a unique, beefed up model?
    Nah I hate the new Gnoll models, they're rubbish.

I've always loved Gnoll but the new models has taken all of their personality and "Gnollness" away.

The latest video they released, I didn't even realise it was meant to be a Gnoll.. they just look Worgen variants.

Their entire defining look is the huge hump back and low head, with a hyena face and little short snout... and they got that wrong.

Seriously, this is one of the most iconic races and they've just edited a Worgen a bit. These two don't even look like they're meant to be the same species -

Should have been something more like this below. Honestly, they really have ruined them. They need to take another pass and make them look lesss like a slight remodel of Worgen, but they're showing off the model alrady so there's no real chance they'll change it. Classic Gnoll are gone.

https://cdnb.artstation.com/p/assets...jpg?1528824373
    Last edited by rogueMatthias; 2022-07-15 at 08:47 AM.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

I mean the new gnoll models . . . it's clearly meant to be yiff.

5+ Year Old Account
    prob the latter, cuz here mr.hog looks like a scrawny gnoll teenager..

looks derpy,reminds me of the first sonic version in the movie,but we all know blizz doesnt have the humility to admit they messed up and change it,the hots model looks just fine