It seems like we deal with a single Primal Incarnate in 10.0. We also know that there's some involvement of the underground in 10.1, possibly for a fire/earth ones? It looks like Primal Incarnates will be our main threat for next patches as well - 3 of them possibly escape the Vault of the Incarnates? --> all 4 of them have been locked there IIRC.
    If that is the case, and based on what Ion said in MrGM's interview (grounded story and we most probably know the main villian by the end of 10.0), Galakrond seems to be a good candidate. There's a lot of talk around Galakrond to be honest.
    Nevertheless it's either Murozond or Galakrond and that is out of question.

Quote Originally Posted by Nebron View Post
    It seems like we deal with a single Primal Incarnate in 10.0. We also know that there's some involvement of the underground in 10.1, possibly for a fire/earth ones? It looks like Primal Incarnates will be our main threat for next patches as well - 3 of them possibly escape the Vault of the Incarnates? --> all 4 of them have been locked there IIRC.
    If that is the case, and based on what Ion said in MrGM's interview (grounded story and we most probably know the main villian by the end of 10.0), Galakrond seems to be a good candidate. There's a lot of talk around Galakrond to be honest.
    Nevertheless it's either Murozond or Galakrond and that is out of question.
    Murozond can be part of a Void expansion whereas Galakrond cannot. So Galakrond as the big bad for DF makes more sense imho.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

This is a pretty cool doggo.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Murozond can be part of a Void expansion whereas Galakrond cannot. So Galakrond as the big bad for DF makes more sense imho.
    Yeah it would seem so. My initial concept was that if 11.0 was ever a candidate for world revamp, Murozond would be such a great solution to make it work in terms of lore. But then, Galakrond fits so perfectly as a big bad for that expansion.

I can imagine that we won't be able to defeat all of Primal Incarnates in time, so Galakrond will get his chance to reawaken. That would also work for "more grounded" theme - to know your enemies right off the bat - hunt them down one by one to deal with their boss at the end.
    Last edited by Nebron; 2022-07-15 at 10:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    They would already know about that though. Doesn't the entire Bronze flight know everything that happens in every timeline, past present and future?
    They certainly didn't always know. In Wotlk you help chromie figure out whose behind the infinite Dragonflight. When she sees Nozdormu she's confused

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderment2 View Post
    They certainly didn't always know. In Wotlk you help chromie figure out whose behind the infinite Dragonflight. When she sees Nozdormu she's confused
    It's also a classic issue with time-related storylines, it's extremely difficult to execute them well. Not only it becomes messy, but there's also very tiny margin for error when it comes to plot holes.

It's also a classic issue with time-related storylines, it's extremely difficult to execute them well. Not only it becomes messy, but there's also very tiny margin for error when it comes to plot holes.
    I don't think it's a plothole persay, it just shows the Bronze Dragonflight can be surprised and lack all information about time.

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderment2 View Post
    I don't think it's a plothole persay, it just shows the Bronze Dragonflight can be surprised and lack all information about time.
    Oh, no. I didn't mean to say it's a plothole for this particular case. It's more of a general thought. Meddling with time isn't usually a good idea

Primal Incarnates are supposed to be at the power level of pre-Dragon Soul nerf Aspects. So VERY strong.

I think Murozond makes a better final villain. The difference with Galakrond is that Murozond allows for far more outcomes that lead in to the next xpac. Galakrond is just a massive zombie dragon.

Quote Originally Posted by SovietBabeyyy View Post
    Well, feel free to insult me !

Hype Level was rated 3/10.

Nothing you can do about it.
    I rate it 10/10. There, i did something about it, so now you're a liar.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Primal Incarnates are supposed to be at the power level of pre-Dragon Soul nerf Aspects. So VERY strong.

I think Murozond makes a better final villain. The difference with Galakrond is that Murozond allows for far more outcomes that lead in to the next xpac. Galakrond is just a massive zombie dragon.
    The issue I have with Galakrond is that he would be way too big for a boss fight. I don't want a repeat of Spine/Madness of Deathwing.

A lot of the new models in DF are really impressive. Something so much smoother and more organic about the faces that I can't quite put my finger on.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Feali View Post
    The issue I have with Galakrond is that he would be way too big for a boss fight. I don't want a repeat of Spine/Madness of Deathwing.
    I don't think spine was inherently bad in premise. Its just too long and ultimately the mechanic wasn't fun.

I could see Galakrond end up being something like Kralkatorrik in GW2 where maybe you use dragonriding to get around different sides of him and hit his weak points. Its certainly possible to pull off.

Pretty happy I called the Elemental empowered Tauren

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    I could see Galakrond end up being something like Kralkatorrik in GW2 where maybe you use dragonriding to get around different sides of him and hit his weak points. Its certainly possible to pull off.
    This would make the fight one of the most hated already. Oculus was received poorly and the Malygos phase where people were flying was not better. Anything that requires 3D movement while fighting will instantly be a major miss.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Oh, no. I didn't mean to say it's a plothole for this particular case. It's more of a general thought. Meddling with time isn't usually a good idea
    A big problem, as WoD showed, is also that people tend to way overcomplicate things when they analyse the timeline.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    I don't think spine was inherently bad in premise. Its just too long and ultimately the mechanic wasn't fun.

I think that you are correct that the worst issue was the long fight time. But I was more referring to that we never actually fought Deathwing. It was just "fight adds over adds until you reach the end" and no real boss.

Dragonriding could be fun as a mechanic to use for the fight. Just do it better than Malygos or Oculus.

7+ Year Old Account
    I really do not dig Murozond, due to him being strongly foreshadowed so long ago. Wild scenario: Galakrond is so massive that Blizz could actually make entire raid out of him, where we go in and out of his body to fuck him up.

- - - Updated - - -

This would make the fight one of the most hated already. Oculus was received poorly and the Malygos phase where people were flying was not better. Anything that requires 3D movement while fighting will instantly be a major miss.
    Dunno, they are still not afraid of doing it (Blackwater Behemoth). And Dragon Riding may be a much better implementation. Would be actually surprised if they WONT use it in any fight in DF.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

But that is exactly what Dragonriding was created to solve. 3D movement in wow is crap, you are just swimming through the air. More importantly part of the problem with Occulus and Malygos was that there was no time to practice the vehicle controls. Occulus only was available inside the dungeon; Malygos' drakes were available in a daily to train but how many people bothered?

- - - Updated - - -

I'd love a huge open air battle with him. We get an instanced version of the entire Dragon Isles and we chase him around using Dragonriding, stopping at different points to engage him.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    But that is exactly what Dragonriding was created to solve. 3D movement in wow is crap, you are just swimming through the air. More importantly part of the problem with Occulus and Malygos was that there was no time to practice the vehicle controls. Occulus only was available inside the dungeon; Malygos' drakes were available in a daily to train but how many people bothered?

- - - Updated - - -

I'd love a huge open air battle with him. We get an instanced version of the entire Dragon Isles and we chase him around using Dragonriding, stopping at different points to engage him.
    I hadn't really thought about dragon riding in instances. That could be incredibly cool.

I think that you are correct that the worst issue was the long fight time. But I was more referring to that we never actually fought Deathwing. It was just "fight adds over adds until you reach the end" and no real boss.
    Wish we had fought Deathwing on top of the Aspects. E.g. let us have one tank and three more people get a boon that made them large and let them ride the four aspects and engage Deathwing while the rest of the raid fought on the ground with a mechanic that forces people to rotate on the Aspects.