Page 1 of 64
... LastLast

Inclusivity Updates in Dragonflight - Body Type Names, New Pronouns and Voice Options

Inclusivity Updates in Dragonflight - Body Type Names, New Pronouns and Voice Options
    Dragonflight Alpha brings several new inclusivity updates and character customization changes to World of Warcraft.

Body Type Names
    The body type names "Male" and "Female" have been renamed to "Body 1" and "Body 2" in Dragonflight Alpha. This can be seen in both the character creation screen and at the barbershop in-game.

New Pronouns
    Datamining hints that players will be able to customize their character's pronouns, although the feature is not available for testing in the first Dragonflight Alpha Build. Current pronoun options include He/Him, She/Her and They/Them.

Voice Options and Inclusivity
    In the Developer Interview with Ion Hazzikostas it was revealed that voice options will be coming in Dragonflight.

• Players will be able to choose the body type and voice independently of each other.
    • The team is proud of the customization options for the Dracthyr race, there are a quadrillion of combinations possible.
    • The game should be as inclusive as possible, so players can customize and express themselves like they want to.

Last edited by Lumy; 2022-07-19 at 08:56 PM.

The trans and NBI community still identify as transmasculine or transfeminine. This is not inclusivity, this is denying reality. Just because we can choose our gender or can choose to hover in between does not mean there is no identifiable masculine or feminine.

If I had a playable WoW faction for every gender....

why are they adding pronouns to characters at all? it was never there, never needed to be there.

Sigh. Apparently acknowledging basic facts of reality is "phobic" and "hateful" these days.

5+ Year Old Account
    My whole life I assumed I was male, turns out I am "Body 1"

Good to know, thx for correcting me, blizzard.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lumy View Post
    Inclusivity
    Gamers:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Seriously now if you are triggered by this change I suggest you go be a sjw somewhere else. Body types instead of male and female have been default even in fucking Japan for some years - vide Elden Ring / Dark Souls and Monster Hunter Rise. Blizzard is finally reaching the year of 2017 I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    Sigh. Apparently acknowledging basic facts of reality is "phobic" and "hateful" these days.
    Here’s the question that no of you people can answer. How does it hurt you?

I can't wait for certain people to carry on with a matched model/voice/pronoun combo (ie, nothing changes for them) and getting extremely vocal about the possibility of someone else picking a different combination.

I will say, I do kind of like the potential this opens up, where they could possibly add new voice or model options to some races, like less-bulky Kul Tirans, or bulkier trolls
    Last edited by Bwgmon; 2022-07-15 at 11:58 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    *Braces for impact*

Quote Originally Posted by zhero View Post
    why are they adding pronouns to characters at all? it was never there, never needed to be there.
    There is, sometimes npc's call you gender specific stuff in text.

Which is cool, I want more of that. I prefer it when npc's aknowledge your character's gender in games, adds more immersion that way.

Hopefully being able to choose your pronouns means the npc's are gonna mention you by gender specific terms more often.

Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    My whole life I assumed I was male, turns out I am "Body 1"

Good to know, thx for correcting me, blizzard.
    My sister, who is very much a woman and was born that way, looks way more like 1 than 2.
    "stop puting you idiotic liberal words into my mouth"
    -ynnady

Erasure of "male" and "female" from the game is very strange. I think their goal would be better suited by adding a neutral gender option instead.

All the other changes I am for. But denying there are males and females and people who identify as such, even if you don't, is strange and dangerous.

Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    You think its a biological fact that women cant have masculine bodies?
    Women can absolutely have masculine bodies.

Men, however, can't have breasts. At least not the kind seen on female WoW characters

Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    You think its a biological fact that women cant have masculine bodies?
    Nah he thinks it's a biological fact that people should be male/female while being a dragon, or a space goat lmao.

Most of ya'll MMO-C peeps need to go touch grass.

I hope this open the doors for additional body types. It would be cool to play thin Kultiran

How about they focus on making the game actually good?

Maybe this thread can get locked before Gamers(tm) can get out of hand? Every other thread has been.

Gonna be odd to see a male night elf with the female voice

oh man right out the gate this turned to a shitshow... amazing

Oh no instead of male female its 1 and 2...dear fucking god the world ended
    This is legit a change that half of yall that are bitching wont even notice 5 months into the expansion
    "oh no my world ended cause that male looking orc has a female laugh"
    "my heart I'm uninstalling cause the blood elf female has the title Crazy Cat Man"

Hell most of y'all play female blood elves as men anyway

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    How about they focus on making the game actually good?
    Oh gee the like 5 seconds of work an intern had to do to change some text around