Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Amnaught View Post

Feels like a spoiler alert. Those are infinite dragonflight colours. Love that colour variation.

See this is why it can be frustrating because I know people that work there are capable of nice designs and fun gameplay. I have called out several things I have enjoyed in the past including with Shadowlands. These body portions seem more on point with me. It has a smaller head still it doesn't feel so awkward or off-putting. Yes I like this creature.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Jesus fuck thank god the Dracthyr are not like Drakonids, playerbase hates playing with chonky races so these would stay as unpopular as kul tirans. I mean, look at those models, it's like a scaly tiler1 bloody hell

considering they coupled a class to the race it's no wonder that they went with an aesthetically-pleasant Dracthyr instead of the shell-less turtles that are the Drakonids

I myself would've preferred playable Drakonid Warrior wielding spears and what else but it would be pretty dumb to pretend that it would be more popular than an athletic caster flying dragon.

10+ Year Old Account
    So you guys essentially wanted a Male Draenei in a dragon suit?

i guess im alone in this but am i the only one that wants some more feminime options aswell? swole is cool and all but it just feels either buff or neutral as the options is currently.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Jesus fuck thank god the Dracthyr are not like Drakonids, playerbase hates playing with chonky races so these would stay as unpopular as kul tirans. I mean, look at those models, it's like a scaly tiler1 bloody hell
    People love robust buffed up Dragonmen, everybody in waiting room for thin kultirans and thin pandas.

Something like this:
    Last edited by cocomen2; 2022-07-15 at 01:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    So you guys essentially wanted a Male Draenei in a dragon suit?
    Does that mean, you and the rest of #TeamScalie wants a skinny dude in a Dragon costume?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    You will eventually realize nobody takes you seriously.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i am no weeb. i am just a connoisseur of fine waifus.

Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    It's not much more, it's slightly buffed - you're appear to be too easily pleased, either that or pandering or promoting.
    I love how the only argument haters have is the people who like the things they hate have low standards or are shills.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowflakesz View Post
    Does that mean, you and the rest of #TeamScalie wants a skinny dude in a Dragon costume?
    You clearly missed the point, because there's no such race as "skinny dude" in WoW.

The point is, what's the difference between a Draenei Male swinging an axe, and that big Dragon dude swinging an axe? A big dragon race that can play as the existing classes adds nothing new to the game beyond racials. And once again, big, hulking races tend to not do well, as evidenced by the last three big hulking races added to the game.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cocomen2 View Post
    People love robust buffed up Dragonmen
    buffed up monster races in all mmorpgs are way less popular than the pretty, slim ones.

Blizzard at last read the room and did something to please their playerbase.

You clearly missed the point, because there's no such race as "skinny dude" in WoW.

The point is, what's the difference between a Draenei Male swinging an axe, and that big Dragon dude swinging an axe? A big dragon race that can play as the existing classes adds nothing new to the game beyond racials. And once again, big, hulking races tend to not do well, as evidenced by the last three big hulking races added to the game.
    Well, we are not really getting a Dragon race.
    It's a humanoid Dragquen looking thing that can put on a Dragon suit.
    And it's certainly not "big".
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    You will eventually realize nobody takes you seriously.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i am no weeb. i am just a connoisseur of fine waifus.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowflakesz View Post
    Well, we are not really getting a Dragon race.
    It's a humanoid Dragquen looking thing that can put on a Dragon suit.
    And it's certainly not "big".
    A magical flying reptile that breathes fire and has the power of all 5 dragonflights isn't a dragon?

Okay bud.

Still not addressing the point btw.

Herald of the Titans Nightshade711's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    It is interesting that the Dracthyr have all the animations for warrior and rogue.
    At least for those it wont be hard to implement when/if they’re added to the Dracthyr later.
    Chen isn't a Monk

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Julian Rayne View Post
    Yeah - it had to be four months old if it was before the Dragonflight announcement. You're undermining your own point.
    4 months old is the moment of the expansion reveal, and you edited your comment, for all we know you only "called" dragonflight, and everyone called that too.

And, ebar in mid, you didn't ask for a class and a race to be the same thing, just that a race could only be one class, thats different as imply the race cna learn something else, unlike the dracthyr and no one will ever be evoker.

Quote Originally Posted by Synapse12 View Post
    ???????????????????????????????????
    I mean, i rly can't be more specific for you to understand, demon hunters had a basis to be Elf only and also had a basis to not be, they chose to be elf only.

With dracthyr evoker, they had nothing, because they straight up made this shit on the fly.

If you would read he literally said a dragon based race and class combo 4 months ago unedited like 3 comments below what he linked. Go ahead and ignore that tho
    4 months ago, exactly when they annonuced the expansion with the info about the new class and race

Again read the thread. I made it quite clear that both race/class being a dragon was the purpose of the dragonborne concept.
    I read the threat that you said the class would be available to all races, don't try to make it look like they basically took your concept, that is beyond hubris.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Raxacorico View Post
    They show off dracthyr as playable race and then proceed to make these?!

LMAO

Fucking this, THIS is what we should get as playable race, this is a fucking dragon, and we got a giraffe dragon, what a fucking joke

Yeah gotta say while I don't hate Drakthyr after the update I do prefer those Drakonids. Give them big ol' wings and I'd be glad to play as them.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    4 months old is the moment of the expansion reveal, and you edited your comment, for all we know you only "called" dragonflight, and everyone called that too.

Alright let’s go to school here

April May June July

Ok the reveal was in April right okay let’s count.

June

That’s 1

May

That’s 2

April

Oh hey that’s three!

Also I literally linked you a comment where it said 4 months ago and unedited saying the exact same thing. I’m 100% reporting this as trolling now.

And, ebar in mid, you didn't ask for a class and a race to be the same thing, just that a race could only be one class, thats different as imply the race cna learn something else, unlike the dracthyr and no one will ever be evoker.
    I linked you to the comment where he literally specifically says this.

4 months ago, exactly when they annonuced the expansion with the info about the new class and race
    It’s July 15th let’s count again just so we know we got it.

One month ago was June 15th

Two months ago was May 15

Three months ago was April 15

The announcement was April 19th.

So actually not even three months ago.

Can you…. Can you count? If you can’t even count to three I think we need to take a step back and see if we are even qualified to be having a conversation here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    I read the threat that you said the class would be available to all races, don't try to make it look like they basically took your concept, that is beyond hubris.
    I never said they took my concept. I said that my concept was a concept that advocated for a dragon class that merged race and class. If you actually read the thread you would have seen the fierce debate that erupted from it.

Heck, this was the first response (which proves you didn’t read anything);

Quote Originally Posted by SloidVoid View Post
    It's a decent start, but personally I don't agree with allowing the players to play as a dragon in any capacity other than being an empowered mortal.

From a community that demands every option under the sun be available, it seems a bit hypocritical to say no to the burly dragonkin type.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sammonoske View Post
    From a community that demands every option under the sun be available, it seems a bit hypocritical to say no to the burly dragonkin type.
    Idiotic options don't deserve to see the light of day. Nobody wants development time to be spent on a body type that will never be chosen by a elf-loving playerbase.

Herald of the Titans Nightshade711's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Idiotic options don't deserve to see the light of day. Nobody wants development time to be spent on a body type that will never be chosen by a elf-loving playerbase.
    Didn’t people say the same for bulkier Dracthyr options in general
    Yet I think almost every Dracthyr I’ve seen was using the bulkiest option.
    Chen isn't a Monk