Page 2 of 64 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    Actually, they can. It is quite rare, but it absolutely does happen. It would be quite weird to force people to choose male or female and then have them choose any body option they want as female but be forced into certain types as male, right? How about just let it be open ended, rather than being super weird.
    What's weird is trying to erase gender altogether instead of actually putting effort into making a variety of different body types for both male and female characters to choose from

Nobody is denying anything, except you, who is denying that women can have masculine bodies.
    Nothing in my post asserts anything remotely like that but okay.

It seems unnecessary to my eyes, but then again it's such a minor thing. Elden Ring did the same off the top of my head and there wasn't any bellyaching over this issue.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

Still cringe.

Looking for brownie points for what a couple of thousand players at best want. Instead of just making a third body option called 'Neutral'. But take that women, Body 1 is male.

WE ARE THE NUMBER 1

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Illusions View Post
    Maybe this thread can get locked before Gamers(tm) can get out of hand? Every other thread has been.
    We like to give people the chance to show they can behave even in disagreement. It doesn't always work long term, hence our strict rules on gender and race discussion, but with hot news topics like this we feel it's important to give people the chance to show they can have civil discussions about these topics.

We have moderators and a thread lock is always an option if the discussion or news value has run its course.

10+ Year Old Account
    About time should've been added years sooner simple change to include more people with absolutely no impact whatsoever on people who don't care except they get more customization options wow omg blizz is giving us more options, guys oh no the humanity! Men can have boobs and high pitched voices, Women can have flat torsos and deeper voices its great we actually are acknowledging reality now. Some people don't like to be called by He/Him She/Her and now can change their pronoun to They/them something that has been used as a gender neutral singular since the time of Shakespeare. Thank you Blizzard. Though lets be real their doing this for the PR more than likely after the last year+ of scandals involving how screwed their companies culture could be.

Quote Originally Posted by Pazzal View Post
    Here’s the question that no of you people can answer. How does it hurt you?
    Maybe it does hurt me?!?! I don't identify as Body 1 or Body 2, I don't identify my characters as Body 1 or Body 2. I identify as male/man and characters identify as the sex they are, either male/female. Its more of this forced b.s letting a extremely small percentage of the population dictate how the majority lives and addresses things. If they want the option of "body 1" or "body 2" why not make it something they can set specifically in the options menu or something rather than just throwing it out there for everybody. None of my characters are Body 1 or Body 2, they are either Male or Female.

*pukes* 10 chars

soon saying that you are male or female will be a 1m ban, pronorns will be next, the woke psychological cult its here and wow seems to be the doom hellhole with rainbows, breastmilk thiefs and bobby. The rest of the ppl have no option or choice, i cannot be just male or female? in a fantasy game? How odd that wow devs are more an activist sjw group than actual devs, may be is that why bfa and SL has so much issues. This will amke my expansion purchase harder bc i dont want real life stuff in my fantasy game. i gues the cat girls calls.

The mayority has to bow to the minority... that not inclusion, that is a tyrant regime, oh hey cancel culture. go goke...

x2

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mysterymask View Post
    Oh no instead of male female its 1 and 2...dear fucking god the world ended
    This is legit a change that half of yall that are bitching wont even notice 5 months into the expansion
    Instead of body 1 body 2 it should still be male and female. What is the problem?

Why not a third option for people who don't know what they are?
    It's high noon.
    Personality: INTJ

What's step 1 to opening up the system to more body types? Maybe we could change how we refer to body types from binary genders and just type numbered types. Oh, wait, that's what they did here. You want them to also have an arbitrary gender limitation on those types, which is a trivial distinction that doesn't need to exist and just complicates this simple solution.
    ...Gender dimorphism is still a thing though? There should still be ways to visually differentiate male and female characters, and with this new system, there simply isn't

Actually, they can. It is quite rare, but it absolutely does happen. It would be quite weird to force people to choose male or female and then have them choose any body option they want as female but be forced into certain types as male, right? How about just let it be open ended, rather than being super weird.
    You wanting sex and gender to be open ended, that which is completely intertwined is factually not, is what's super weird.

This is fucking stupid. They're only doing it to earn brownie points. It is entirely pointless.

5+ Year Old Account
    From now on, NPC not gonna try to assume gender of player character and call them "Heroine" or "Hero", i hope its something like "Hey you, yes you! my b... champion!

There no more place for god of war 4 references, damn you cruel world.
    Please, there a perfect example of hypocritical thinking:
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    If Tinkers had anything to do with Hunters, but they don’t. Unlike Bards which are linked to Rogues.

Quote Originally Posted by Pazzal View Post
    Here’s the question that no of you people can answer. How does it hurt you?
    We answer it all the time, but people like you just don't listen or don't like the answer. It's because social contagion and indoctrination are very real. This kind of thinking leads unassuming youngsters to question things that should reasonably be taken for granted and leads to heightened rates of depression and self-harm.

On topic, I lean towards this actually being transphobic despite the claims otherwise. Trans people want to become male/female, they don't want to be some genderless amalgam that can wear these labels like a pair of clothes whenever they feel like it. Getting rid of the destination is about the most marginalizing and disrespectful thing you can do to someone looking to transition. It invalidates them on a level higher than any conservative claiming it's just a mental illness, because what you are telling them is that their experience isn't real at all because gender is just something we pick arbitrarily and there is no set definition of male/female.

Even besides that, it also marginalizes and disrespects all people who already identify as male/female and observe these biological distinctions every day of their life. This push by cultists of gender ideology is doomed to failure, and it can't come soon enough imo.

Quote Originally Posted by cocomen2 View Post
    From now on, NPC not gonna try to assume gender of player character and call them "Heroine" or "Hero", i hope its something like "Hey you, yes you! my b... champion!

There no more place for god of war 4 references, damn you cruel world.
    Nah this is why the pronouns are there for. Atleast I hope that's the case.

Ah, nothing more inclusive than dehumanizing language.

Quote Originally Posted by Goatfish View Post
    Even besides that, it also marginalizes and disrespects all people who already identify as male/female and observe these biological distinctions every day of their life.
    Pretty much my whole issue with this.

I sincerely hope this opens up more hairstyles cross-gender and even cross-race. More customization never hurts!!

I know people would whine about it, but bearded female dwarves would be fucking awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by manypillars View Post
    Ah, nothing more inclusive than dehumanizing language.
    Pretty much my thoughts and why its problematic.
    Last edited by Khaza-R; 2022-07-16 at 01:52 PM.