Page 4 of 64 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by craigw View Post
    pretty fucked up you banned this guy for speaking the truth. in what reality is he wrong?
    Nothing at all. Mods probably can't even answer the simple question of What is a woman?

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Celvira View Post
    Why doesn't Blizzard give us what we really want? The ability to play as a normal human character, but with an option to select the sexy, sexy, Gilnean accents.
    Pretty sure that’s what they’re aiming for

Male and Female aren't body types though. Endomorph, Ectomorph, and Mesomorph are.

Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    You are literally saying male or female character can't look a certain way. That's what the body options being "unique to both genders' means. You want to overcomplicate this very simple issue because of these really creepy political hangups you have.
    Yes, I am saying a male character cannot look exactly like a woman because they are not biologically a woman. Otherwise, it would be a female character, not a male one. You're putting words in my mouth and trying to make me look unreasonable when Blizzard was the one that decided to implement this change in the first place.

What if someone wants to identify as an orc instead of a human? Are we going to start removing racial terms as well?

Edit: Just to clarify, when I say "male", I'm of course referring to someone who identifies as male, not just someone born male, and vice versa.
    Last edited by Skirdus; 2022-07-16 at 12:38 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    This is a good change. I am happy for the expanded options. Thanks Blizz.
    Here is something to believe in!

Can I please see the chinese translations of this? Or are you not doing this change for that audience? Hmmm...

Quote Originally Posted by Sable17 View Post
    I'm honestly not trying to be offensive, but I have a question:

If you identify as a woman, why would you want to have a male body but be referred to as a woman? Why wouldn't you just use the female body?
    Good question! Some trans people are like that- for example I'm a trans man (female to male) and so I just use the male bodies lol. But there are some people who IRL don't "pass" as their preferred gender. Like, trans women who are really broad shouldered and have a prominent Adams apple. For them it can be cool to have a body representative of theirs (as far as these crazy roid bodies can be said to represent actual people lol) and still use the pronouns that they like. Does that help?

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skirdus View Post
    Yes, I am saying a male character cannot look exactly like a woman because they are not biologically a woman. Otherwise, it would be a female character, not a male one. You're putting words in my mouth and trying to make me look unreasonable when Blizzard was the one that decided to implement this change in the first place.

What if someone wants to identify as an orc instead of a human? Are we going to start removing racial terms as well?
    Then they play as an orc. Or if they’re on a RP realm then they just do it

Came here knowing what to expect and to count the bans, wasn't shocked in the least

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterymask View Post
    oh man right out the gate this turned to a shitshow... amazing

Oh no instead of male female its 1 and 2...dear fucking god the world ended
    This is legit a change that half of yall that are bitching wont even notice 5 months into the expansion
    "oh no my world ended cause that male looking orc has a female laugh"
    "my heart I'm uninstalling cause the blood elf female has the title Crazy Cat Man"

Hell most of y'all play female blood elves as men anyway

- - - Updated - - -

Oh gee the like 5 seconds of work an intern had to do to change some text around
    You have no idea how long it took to change code, could have been a big task because who knows if its grandfathered in code like the backpack.

Its time/resources they could spend making class rotations more engaging for a start.

Does body type 1 allow my character to have boobs? No, clearly a male body
    Does body type 2 allow my character to have a beard with NO boobs. No, clearly a female body

I have no problem with opening up character customization, but don't pretend like this is something other than some pandering bullshit timewaster.

Why do we have to force a real world quest for diversity when Warcraft has something like 24 playable races, most with their own silhouette, customization options, etc. That's where the Warcraft universe's diversity is. The only thing holding back "playing whatever you most identify with" is race/class combos and those are gonna be gone before long. We don't need ideology to find the diversity people so desperately cling to in warcraft.

Quote Originally Posted by jubilantjulian View Post
    Good question! Some trans people are like that- for example I'm a trans man (female to male) and so I just use the male bodies lol. But there are some people who IRL don't "pass" as their preferred gender. Like, trans women who are really broad shouldered and have a prominent Adams apple. For them it can be cool to have a body representative of theirs (as far as these crazy roid bodies can be said to represent actual people lol) and still use the pronouns that they like. Does that help?
    Ive never seen a video game character that looked like me and Im fine with it because its a video game and I play for escapism. Not to watch a weird looking version of a mini me fight dragons.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry Gungus View Post
    Because it's based in a bullshit ideology, not 'counter-culture.' It's complete ignorance of science and a constant push of wanting brownie points and 'diversity from inclusion'

It's cringe. And I would think a trans-woman would want to play in a fantasy game that which they'll never be in life: a woman
    Intersex people have existed forever we currently already force them to have non-consensual surgeries at birth/after birth to get them to conform to the binary way of thinking that is very recent in human history. There have been many studies and statistics done comparing trans people to their assigned sex at birth all of which have only confirmed or validated what many cultures and peoples have known to be true for most of human history. Sex and Gender are separate labels altogether gender of which is a label that is almost entire social in nature, clothes and physical attributes of the human body do not have a gender. Also gonna ignore that you went to my twitch page found out I'm a trans woman and decided to try to tell me I'll never be what every day people on the street refer to me as and know me to be or what myself know me to be.
    Also great thing I can still be a woman in World of Warcraft Dragonblight, I just now get more options and variation wow so bizarre!
    Last edited by Zaeyla; 2022-07-16 at 12:35 AM.

Kinda surprised this thread hasn't been locked yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Sammonoske View Post
    Kinda surprised this thread hasn't been locked yet.
    Because it's a news thread on the front page.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    incidental humour is often the best. These changes gave me a good haha lol lmao.

We all know there aren't any 2s on the internet. only 1s pretending to be 2s

Alternatively, "notorious sexist company deletes women from their game"

Serious question.
    Instead of body 1 or body 2 why can we not have Male, Female and Other, would that be acceptable?
    This would allow those of us that do identify with a gender are not left behind.

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Gamers:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Seriously now if you are triggered by this change I suggest you go be a sjw somewhere else. Body types instead of male and female have been default even in fucking Japan for some years - vide Elden Ring / Dark Souls and Monster Hunter Rise. Blizzard is finally reaching the year of 2017 I guess.
    Note that how they do it is via localization text. In other words, it's done superficially

Ah, the wonderful sound of chuds being triggered.