Page 5 of 64 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Ah, here it is, even more immersion-ruining propaganda.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaeyla View Post
    Intersex people have existed forever we currently already force them to have non-consensual surgeries at birth/after birth to get them to conform to the binary way of thinking that is very recent in human history. There have been many studies and statistics done comparing trans people to their assigned sex at birth all of which have only confirmed or validated what many cultures and peoples have known to be true for most of human history. Sex and Gender are separate labels altogether gender of which is a label that is almost entire social in nature, clothes and physical attributes of the human body do not have a gender. Also gonna ignore that you went to my twitch page found out I'm a trans woman and decided to try to tell me I'll never be what every day people on the street refer to me as and know me to be or what myself know me to be.
    Also great thing I can still be a woman in World of Warcraft Dragonblight, I just now get more options and variation wow so bizarre!
    Not even going to finish reading. Intersex is an extremely rare deformity, and even then the brain is still either male or female. Being born with both genitalia as a human is not a new classification, it's just an extremely unfortunate circumstance for that individual.

You think the girl born with eight limbs is now a spider?

Edit: I finished reading. Sex and gender are completely intertwined. If what is now the institution of science did not ban those providing legitimate biological facts you wouldn't be mind-fucked with very biased science based on two devils that experimented on infants.

I also did not go to your Twitch page and I don't plan to do that because I'm not an asshole.
    Last edited by El Gucaragua; 2022-07-16 at 12:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeth Hawkins View Post
    Male and Female aren't body types though. Endomorph, Ectomorph, and Mesomorph are.
    This is what i had assumed they were doing with both gender options, as that what makes sense for body types. Turns out Blizzard is just pandering because its no longer acceptable to say male and female

[Rothulivic] [Twitch] [Twitter] Signature by Serryn

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Ive never seen a video game character that looked like me and Im fine with it because its a video game and I play for escapism. Not to watch a weird looking version of a mini me fight dragons.
    lol I totally feel you, I don't bother trying to look like me in videogames. It's more fun for me to play an RPG as a character. I guess some people like to make themselves though so if it's fun for them then it's pretty cool I think

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BossManRoth View Post
    Does body type 1 allow my character to have boobs? No, clearly a male body
    Does body type 2 allow my character to have a beard with NO boobs. No, clearly a female body

I have no problem with opening up character customization, but don't pretend like this is something other than some pandering bullshit timewaster.

Why do we have to force a real world quest for diversity when Warcraft has something like 24 playable races, most with their own silhouette, customization options, etc. That's where the Warcraft universe's diversity is. The only thing holding back "playing whatever you most identify with" is race/class combos and those are gonna be gone before long. We don't need ideology to find the diversity people so desperately cling to in warcraft.
    This is what puzzles me too. This is an RPG, a fantasy game. Why does it have to reflect issues in real life? To be clear, I have no problem with people identifying as whatever they choose in real life, and this change doesn't really bother me either, I just want to understand why a fantasy game all of a sudden needs to reflect reality (in this way, at least).

People can call me ignorant or whatever, I just want to understand the above.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    You have no idea how long it took to change code, could have been a big task because who knows if its grandfathered in code like the backpack.

Its time/resources they could spend making class rotations more engaging for a start.
    and i guarantee that this didn't cost you a raid tier.

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Gungus View Post
    Nothing at all. Mods probably can't even answer the simple question of What is a woman?
    Oh look, another one who regurgitates what Matt Walsh's propaganda. Can Matt Walsh answer the simple question of what is a chair?

Funny how people are crying about some 'woke propaganda' while having no original thought in their heads either.

P.S. science, facts & logic don't care about your bigoted feelings!

This is what puzzles me too. This is an RPG, a fantasy game. Why does it have to reflect issues in real life? To be clear, I have no problem with people identifying as whatever they choose in real life, and this change doesn't really bother me either, I just want to understand why a fantasy game all of a sudden needs to reflect reality (in this way, at least).

People can call me ignorant or whatever, I just want to understand the above.
    It's...not? Blizzard has made it pretty clear that bigotry such as racism (not to be confused with specism), homophobia, transphobia etcetera. do not exist in the world. This just allows people to have more customization in the game.

Blizzard has stated pretty clearly in the past that they want any player to find a character that speaks to them the most. This includes racial customizations for several races, and now also body types with the hopeful potential of more in the future.
    Last edited by Illusions; 2022-07-16 at 12:45 AM.

Wow, an insane amount of homophobes and idjits in this thread... and around a feature that surely doesn't affect them in the slightest...

Why isn't this thread locked yet? And, more importantly, bans struck for some of the more egregious comments?

Quote Originally Posted by jubilantjulian View Post
    lol I totally feel you, I don't bother trying to look like me in videogames. It's more fun for me to play an RPG as a character. I guess some people like to make themselves though so if it's fun for them then it's pretty cool I think
    If it was genuine interest in wanting to be diverse and not just reactions to a lawsuit from gross negligence in the opposite direction of not only being diverse but actively having a depressive and destructive work environment so now they are trying to swing the pendulum back it might not look so lame.

Quote Originally Posted by Illusions View Post
    Oh look, another one who regurgitates what Matt Walsh's propaganda. Can Matt Walsh answer the simple question of what is a chair?

Funny how people are crying about some 'woke propaganda' while having no original thought in their heads either.

P.S. science, facts & logic don't care about your bigoted feelings!
    You call it propaganda yet I'm sure you didn't watch it and just listened to what the news cycle told you about it. Crazy, it's almost like the entire film he played devil's advocate to everyone he questioned (both for this ideology and against it) and provided real data on this ideologies origins.

I guess you just don't have less than $20 to spare for a good documentary. And I didn't even really like Matt because of his takes on games, but self-reflected because it was petty. That's kind of what moderate people do, rather than call someone bigoted off an assumption. My bad for not wanting half of a community to commit suicide.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilithvia View Post
    Note that how they do it is via localization text. In other words, it's done superficially
    Can't comment on MH since I never played it in Japanese but I absolutely played DS3 in Japanese and it absolutely says body type 1 and 2 not genders so I'm guessing you have no idea what you're talking about and just made a blind assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterymask View Post
    and i guarantee that this didn't cost you a raid tier.
    No that time went to the store mount.

Between this and real money action house 2.0 AKA Diablo Immortal, there has never been a better time to not get back in to Blizzard gaming.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not even going to finish reading. Intersex is an extremely rare deformity, and even then the brain is still either male or female. Being born with both genitalia as a human is not a new classification, it's just an extremely unfortunate circumstance for that individual.

It's not that rare firstly vast amounts of people have intersexed conditions that go completely unnoticed and undiagnosed, second we only ever consider it a deformity because it differs from what our cultures have told us the norm is many still go about their days without any issue and many still are capable of reproducing despite their variations. No that girl with eight limbs is not a spider and that has no bearing on Intersex people or trans people. whom multiple studies have found their brains to be more consistent with their preferred gender. Plenty of what we label as men and women have characteristics and traits not matching those labels as seen in how there are tons of intersex people whom are born with multiple or varying genitalia, sexual/reproductive characteristics yet they still go by women/men and many go completely unknown to most of society yet we draw the line at the brain despite scientifically studies saying the opposite interesting.
    Last edited by Zaeyla; 2022-07-16 at 12:47 AM.

So what were you all born as?

Body 1 or body 2?

Alliance

Quote Originally Posted by Brainbow View Post
    Is it April fools day again?

Well, at least that change makes it easier for me to see which people to avoid.
    Looking forward for an addon that will automatically filter these for me.
    Titles would be a quick giveaway. "Crazy Cat Lady" on a male character for example.
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD

Quote Originally Posted by SuperKarateDeathCar View Post
    I dunno why but this made me lol so hard XD
    I know, I just stole it for my signature. xD

Quote Originally Posted by BossManRoth View Post
    Does body type 1 allow my character to have boobs? No, clearly a male body
    Does body type 2 allow my character to have a beard with NO boobs. No, clearly a female body

I have no problem with opening up character customization, but don't pretend like this is something other than some pandering bullshit timewaster.
    Of all the things to be mad about...

You could just choose 1/he/him and never think about it again. And maybe be happy for the handful of people who are free to choose 2/they/them and feel a little bit better than before. I mean really, what's the problem for you to see "1" instead of "male" on character creation? What's the actual "bullshit" about it so you get enraged instead of simply shrugging your shoulders and getting on with your day...

Quote Originally Posted by MiiiMiii View Post
    Can I please see the chinese translations of this? Or are you not doing this change for that audience? Hmmm...
    In China? Where WoW is managed by NetEase and not Blizzard?

Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    Of all the things to be mad about...

You could just choose 1/he/him and never think about it again. And maybe be happy for the handful of people who are free to choose 2/they/them and feel a little bit better than before. I mean really, what's the problem for you to see "1" instead of "male" on character creation? What's the actual "bullshit" about it so you get enraged instead of simply shrugging your shoulders and getting on with your day...
    Because its a pandering bullshit timewaster...

Good job cutting out the party where i DO talk about diversity and people getting to play how they want tho

[Rothulivic] [Twitch] [Twitter] Signature by Serryn