Page 8 of 64 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Hammers are flying.

10+ Year Old Account
    0/10 No Apache option means Mechagnomes are discriminated against.

Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Gamers:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Seriously now if you are triggered by this change I suggest you go be a sjw somewhere else. Body types instead of male and female have been default even in fucking Japan for some years - vide Elden Ring / Dark Souls and Monster Hunter Rise. Blizzard is finally reaching the year of 2017 I guess.
    "Some years" = the last year for about five games out of however many games released there a year and it being done for suggested localisation reasons for like four of them (the fifth being Bluepoint being cheeky fucks in DeS remake cause "you're not playing a person but a soul") and rather late in development as well it seems as evidenced by stuff like in Elden Ring where five minutes after you exit character creation you get called a man or a woman alongside left over strings that have been datamined pointing to what those body type options were originally called before they were changed.
    Also the same changes that have been heavily criticised for being made when they were un-necessary and the threads exist alongside the memes poking fun at them.

If they were actually going to do body types right then they should've gone the Monster Hunter: World direction and given us ten wildly different variations of bodies for each of the sexes or heck just open up them sliders like FFXIV does.
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    The trans and NBI community still identify as transmasculine or transfeminine. This is not inclusivity, this is denying reality. Just because we can choose our gender or can choose to hover in between does not mean there is no identifiable masculine or feminine.
    If there are more than two genders, then what exactly are he or she transitioning between?

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Nice try, the entire point of the post you quoted was them saying Japan, a very conservative culture in their own rights had already moved on to this model. You replied with but but but that's just localization text! Yet if you boot up the Japanese version of Elden Ring its still Body Type A and B. You can give a character a beard and boobs regardless of body type, you can give a character any voice regardless of body type. This has nothing to do with localization and you just had to try to reply with a gotcha moment but where absolutely wrong. Quite hilarious tbh.
    So in other words you can't find any portion where I mentioned Japan, and had to default to where someone else inserted japan into my discussion of localization. Gotcha. Nice to see you can't be assed to actually read a convo, because MY ORIGINAL POST WAS GOING OFF ON JAPANESE GAMING COMPANIES FOR NOT HAVING THIS SAME CHANGE IN THE AREAS I DID MENTION

how about renaming them to masculine and feminine?

Not going to lie, my biggest issue is the fact that I saw "body types" and I thought we were going to be able to customize our characters more in that regard (skinnier kultirans or bulkier blood elves come to mind for me) and it just turns out to be something that affects me in no way instead .

Good for whoever was actually wanting this though.

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    Nice brainstorm but not diverse enough. Keep up the ideas though, that diversity manager blizz recently hired should be shaking in her boots.

Assuming you are a non binary, black polish lady of course. We need someone suitably diverse in the role.

This is a hollow gesture of inclusion.

All you do in replacing gender with body types 1 and 2 is piss-off normies, and perpetuated woke conspiracy theories that they're censoring biology/indoctrinating people or some shit.
    meanwhile, people with actual gender dysmorphia kinda don't care. They were already playing their ideal passing body anyway.
    This is for people like Chris Chan, you know trans trends/non-binary types who are definitively binary and just bald because the reality is this shit is pointless if you're not going to add a transitionary 3rd body type where I can have Tiddies and a really weak patchy beard. which would also be a problem because people will treat it as a joke body.

You know this is the real beauty of wow, you meet people that aren't forum lurkers and you actually make LGBTQ+ friends and have open conversations about this shit.
    And you will learn stuff like how disrespectful it is to take away someone's earned transition with this stupid self cannibalising gestures like this.

inclusion needs to be integrated through small meaningless story details, that nobody will care about. like I dunno zappy has a patrol route that deviates every 5 loops to go to bane and gives him flowers or some shit. I dunno, just maybe don't do some virtue signaling when your companies in like 90% of the player bases shit book, and ones that are still there either have some intense emotional tie to the world/Stockholm syndrome. cuz nobody off twitter gives a fuck about this shit.

you can keep the pronouns. They're whatever, but you better not ban people for their pronouns when they inevitably used to take the piss if you're given any freedom which the non-binary crowd will demand. At which point, you create a new vector for hate to be spread in your game. Like do you really think there's not going to be apache helicopter meme and shit like futa queen if you let people make their own pronouns? and you know there's gonna be a huge outcry if you can't.

Just make a good game with like 1 or 2 minor LGBT characters that aren't in our face about it, and like Griftah in scope.

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    You know what, that's a good idea actually. That's what the new Saints Row is doing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Illusions View Post
    Who has told you what? Science, facts and logic all validate transgender people. Even when it comes to sex.
    No, they most certainly do not. There is nothing scientific about transgenderism when it comes to the topic of biological sex. In fact, one of the most common arguments used to justify transgenderism in the past was using "gender" as a gateway to say that from a societal perspective that a biological man or woman can be the opposite gender. Now people are trying to push it further and mix "gender" and "sex" as a way to make this "scientific", which is just pure dishonesty and complete pseudo-science. The people advocating for this never had a leg to stand on, yet here we are trying to justify it just because it "feels right" even if it goes against thousands of years of known human knowledge and has never been accepted into modern science.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bmjclark View Post
    Not going to lie, my biggest issue is the fact that I saw "body types" and I thought we were going to be able to customize our characters more in that regard (skinnier kultirans or bulkier blood elves come to mind for me) and it just turns out to be something that affects me in no way instead .

Good for whoever was actually wanting this though.
    first thing that came to mind when i opened the thread and glanced the picture. For a moment I was really excited to see what our new body options were.

but, haha, of course there are no new body options. No real, actual work. The quest for diversity ends where the work begins.

7+ Year Old Account
    This really doesn't matter at all. Just blizzard fishing for more woke points.

Quote Originally Posted by JSoup View Post
    Remember a couple months ago when a few of us were on about making those humanoid goo monsters in Maldraxxus a playable race?
    It's all coming together. Give me my ectomorphic goo monsters Blizzard.
    Wait wait wait, got a million dollar idea to add.
    The goo monsters have skeletons in them, right? You can see them just floating in there. Allow for the skeletons to be customized with body type 1 and 2. But the goo stays good, cause that's what glowing green necromantic goo does.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    When I finish losing my shit over the important things happening I might take time to care about this, based on certain politician's speeches that may take several decades.

Does this mean that body type 2 can be topless? No reason not to, right?

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    You know what, that's a good idea actually. That's what the new Saints Row is doing.
    I like that idea. As someone who's Genderfluid, it's inclusive of all imo.

Given that wow races are for the most part HIGHLY sexually dimorphic---Light forbid a transfemale Draenei try to pass---this feels weird. Why not just use "masculine" and "feminine"? *shrug* I'm all for inclusivity, but this kind of inclusivity not only brings out the toxic people to hate all over it. This kind of inclusivity is itself kind of toxic showmanship, especially because I'm not sure that there are any quests in which your character's gender actually has any bearing, as you're never talked about in the third person. The small number of things that are in any way gendered (Crazy Cat Lady, etc) are inconsequential. It's a "change" that DOES NOT MATTER.

So it not only doesn't matter but it sets off the predictable shitshow and the only people who will end up pleased are trolls who are totally going to make a male orc with a female voice just to fuck with people. Way to go Twitter activists. You "win" again?

Show us Body Type 2 tits for 100% equality

Hell yeah cater to the mentally ill!

Infracted for Hateful Language.
    Last edited by xskarma; 2022-07-16 at 01:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gurkan View Post
    Does this mean that body type 2 can be topless? No reason not to, right?
    Well you can customize the underwear now, maybe that's the next step.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)