Page 9 of 64 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Death Knight View Post
    No, they most certainly do not. There is nothing scientific about transgenderism when it comes to the topic of biological sex. In fact, one of the most common arguments used to justify transgenderism in the past was using "gender" as a gateway to say that from a societal perspective that a biological man or woman can be the opposite gender. Now people are trying to push it further and mix "gender" and "sex" as a way to make this "scientific", which is just pure dishonesty and complete pseudo-science. The people advocating for this never had a leg to stand on, yet here we are trying to justify it just because it "feels right" even if it goes against thousands of years of known human knowledge and has never been accepted into modern science.
    Yes, they most certainly do. Transgender people do not change their biological sex, that's not what's being argued. Science stands with transgender people on the basis of it being a normal variation of human identity and expression. If you go on to say this is pseudo-science, then there's no point in arguing with you.

However, transgender people have always existed, a Roman emperor (Elagabalus) even sought sex reassignment surgery thousands of years ago. The language has been different, sure, as it is always changing. That does not change the fact that transgender people have always existed, and been in the known human knowledge, and have been widely accepted in modern science.

Great, more woke shtuff to alienate 97% of your customer base. Brilliant marketing. 1st world problems/solutions are so hilarious because "feelings".

Quote Originally Posted by Illusions View Post
    Yes, they most certainly do. Transgender people do not change their biological sex, that's not what's being argued. Science stands with transgender people on the basis of it being a normal variation of human identity and expression. If you go on to say this is pseudo-science, then there's no point in arguing with you.

However, transgender people have always existed, a Roman emperor (Elagabalus) even sought sex reassignment surgery thousands of years ago. The language has been different, sure, as it is always changing. That does not change the fact that transgender people have always existed, and been in the known human knowledge, and have been widely accepted in modern science.
    Yeah the human brain is capable of some pretty incredible things.

I think its getting more popular to be diverse and by extension be a victim though because I dont imagine being Trans is a smooth sailing life style.

The % of people seems to be increasing which makes me think there are more placebo cases happening vs the more rarer genuine body dysmorphia cases.

Alliance

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    So what were you all born as?

Body 1 or body 2?
    My stance on all of this would likely lead to someone calling me a nazi, so I choose "Body Type Ein".
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD

Quote Originally Posted by Illusions View Post
    Who has told you what? Science, facts and logic all validate transgender people. Even when it comes to sex. Passing laws that target transgender people with the justification of 'following science' are ironically all anti-science. (Not surprising, same people are also anti-vaccines, anti-masks etcetera, so... anti-science!)
    I assume you mean things like trans women in women's sports? Scientifically there are differences even after transition. For the record I wore my mask in public, I got my vaccine the FIRST day it was available for my age group, I got the booster shot the FIRST day I could, it was 2 weeks late because I couldn't get it because I was sick as a dog.

Quote Originally Posted by Eon Drache View Post
    I assume you mean things like trans women in women's sports? Scientifically there are differences even after transition. For the record I wore my mask in public, I got my vaccine the FIRST day it was available for my age group, I got the booster shot the FIRST day I could, it was 2 weeks late because I couldn't get it because I was sick as a dog.
    Mike Tyson in his prime and identifying as a lady and being allowed to compete in female boxing would be some interesting TV for sure

Quote Originally Posted by Bwgmon View Post
    I can't wait for certain people to carry on with a matched model/voice/pronoun combo (ie, nothing changes for them) and getting extremely vocal about the possibility of someone else picking a different combination.

I will say, I do kind of like the potential this opens up, where they could possibly add new voice or model options to some races, like less-bulky Kul Tirans, or bulkier trolls
    Or bulkier Kultiran Body 2 models.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Yeah the human brain is capable of some pretty incredible things.

I think its getting more popular to be diverse and by extension be a victim though because I dont imagine being Trans is a smooth sailing life style.

The % of people seems to be increasing which makes me think there are more placebo cases happening vs the more rarer genuine body dysmorphia cases.
    Have you ever considered the reality it's not the % that's increasing it's just you are now more aware of it thanks to social media along with the fact people are brave enough to come out about it in a far more tolerant climate than the past?

It's like a comment I heard a few days ago from a family friend "there are no gay people in pakistan". Yea bullshit, they just don't come out about it for fear of their lives. If Pakistan suddenly became tolerant of LGBT you would suddenly see the population explode there, it's not that these people didn't exist before dude.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2022-07-16 at 01:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by KainneAbsolute View Post
    I hope this open the doors for additional body types. It would be cool to play thin Kultiran
    Only if they make it possible to have a breastless Body 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Have you ever considered the reality it's not the % that's increasing it's just you are now more aware of it thanks to social media along with the fact people are brave enough to come out about it in a far more tolerant climate than the past?
    Thats part of it sure but I also think the whole Jessie Smollet side of things is a factor where people glamorize being a victim and want attention.

Quote Originally Posted by Linkedblade View Post
    Gender is a function of grammar and sex is physical. It's not discriminatory. Sex is a binary, there are only two options. Gender depends on the language. Most languages have two or three grammatical genders, but they don't necessarily have to relate to biologic sex.

Any other conversation about gender and sex is complete and utter nonsense.
    It's always frustrating having to consistently debunk the same shit over and over again because people get their science from social media activists and not actual scientists.

Sex is a binary, yes. Gender is used to refer to characteristics common to a sex, this could be psychological or physical features. It does not 'depend on language' at all, because language doesn't translate directly in many cases. A lot of the references to 'gender' in the few cultures that have it is absolutely not what people want to be using to justify its usage. In some of the Native American tribes for instance it effectively made someone an outcast of society used for sexual pleasure, like a man that wasn't 'manly enough' to hunt so he basically gets put into a special tent as the tribe fleshlight and given the 'third gender' name.

This whole discussion from the progressive side reminds me of this dumb shit clip from a debate I saw recently where someone argued that water wasn't always H20 because down in Mexico they call it Agua. Just the sheer mental gymnastics to accept this stuff as fact is astonishing, it's like no one ever takes the time to think about things they are told and just accept it all on face value.

Quote Originally Posted by MightyWarrior View Post
    Gonna be odd to see a male night elf with the female voice
    Not for most of us since the majority of the game is muted outside of cutscenes.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Thats part of it sure but I also think the whole Jessie Smollet side of things is a factor where people glamorize being a victim and want attention.
    That's not part of it, that is most of it. In fact your example sounds like the vast minority if anything. People don't willingly seek oppression for the most part.

Ok screw this I am officially done with this garbage.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    That's not part of it, that is most of it. In fact your example sounds like the vast minority if anything. People don't willingly seek oppression for the most part.
    Well body dysmorphia is literally an obsession on a perceived flaw. Self Hate seems kind of part of the package.

Quote Originally Posted by Amnaught View Post
    I sincerely hope this opens up more hairstyles cross-gender and even cross-race. More customization never hurts!!

I know people would whine about it, but bearded female dwarves would be fucking awesome.
    Just create your body 1 with a female voice and pronouns. It really is that simple for dwarf historical fantasy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterymask View Post
    I mean even then there's a LOT of people who play female characters who are men and vice versa
    they don't RP as female they are legit dudes who picked the female character because "They liked the model" or "if I'm going to stare at a characters ass all day it might as well be cute"
    So...still what's the issue?
    They wouldn't then give it a male voice and pronouns... they want to be in control of a female character. Not a drag queen.

Alliance

Quote Originally Posted by MightyWarrior View Post
    Gonna be odd to see a male night elf with the female voice
    Imagine a female nelf body with a male head... 0.0
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    Hopefully being able to choose your pronouns means the npc's are gonna mention you by gender specific terms more often.
    If they did this it would likely be in text only otherwise they would have to record the VO's X amount of time for each variation they are offering which would cost them a lot more in money.

- - - Updated - - -

They wouldn't then give it a male voice and pronouns... they want to be in control of a female character. Not a drag queen.[/QUOTE]

Speak for yourself I'd love to play a Tauren drag queen with a full face of makeup. Blizzard is too bigoted to allow me to live my drag cow dreams. I'd call Her Brisket johns and get her all dolled up like Trixie Mattel

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    If they did this it would likely be in text only otherwise they would have to record the VO's X amount of time for each variation they are offering which would cost them a lot more in money.
    Yeah that's what I mean, in quest texts.