"Pronouns".... Oh god..... what a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by tromage2 View Post
    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3827559/
    https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/8179461/
    https://www.the-hospitalist.org/hosp...isky-new-study
    https://www.betterhealth.vic.gov.au/...iving/steroids
    https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/...111/joim.12850

Just a fast google.
    But you think goverments have a law and that doctors are the only people that can give out hormones just because goverments have fun about it?...
    Or you think that goverments saw the negetive effects of hormone use and actually made laws and restrictions around them? What do you think is more likely?
    Interesting, a bunch of articles but none of them are about hormone replacement therapy, but rather about recreational use of anabolic steroids for athletic performance. But, of course, you know that since you are definitely trained in endocrinology. What level was your degree, by the way? You never answered.

Yes, steroids can have negative affects. The same is true for basically any drug. But see, how it pans out is doctors weight the pros and cons of taking the medication vs. not taking it and assess whether the good outweighs the bad. This is why gender-affirming therapy and transitioning is considered the best course of action in the case of a transgender person struggling with their assigned gender. You are quite obviously completely incapable of understanding any of this so I would suggest you stay out of discussions about which you haven't bothered to do even the slightest actual research.

7+ Year Old Account
    It's absolutely baffling to me that anyone could see this as anything other than a positive.

Quote Originally Posted by ArtistOfWar View Post
    This is exactly what I was referring to earlier on this page. "Wrong side of history" is literally just trying to shame out debate. That's 70 IQ level talk. As easy as calling someone a bigot. Learn to think for yourself.
    You get made about supposed 'shaming' talk and then try to shame me by insulting my IQ lol. Luckily, I was taught to be able to think for myself and to understand the areas where my knowledge is limited, but to trust those who actually know what they're talking about because they spent a lot of time studying it and working with people who were affected by it. You've chosen to listen to...random conservative talking heads, I suppose? Not a great choice, in my opinion but you live your own life.

Quote Originally Posted by SynDethroc View Post
    It's absolutely baffling to me that anyone could see this as anything other than a positive.
    Because it aligns with your beliefs, of course. It's pretty obvious that not everyone feels the same way, right?

Alliance

Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    Mental illness or not, we should all be treated equal.
    Exactly. Treat them with respect and offer help that will lead toward lower suicide rates. The popular position today is unfortunately that of a "you're perfectly fine, do whatever you want" line which does nothing to help.
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD

I mean lot of people here are from the generation of the slippery slope. Equal rights became bake my cake to let's sex change children awfully fast.

A lot people now want to stomp down on the first step of the slope then tumble down it.

It's fine if you want to believe in something other than reality but please keep it to your own life. American cultural imperialism never ends, just changes color.
    I don't believe in this immaterial gender, pronouns or stuff that they do in the American west coast. Please let me live my life without being forced into 1950's views with fake progressive paint.

And no, this is not progressive or non-political. It's a very specific activism by very specific loud mouths.

Can I get infracted too? Never seem to manage it

You put feeling above health.... And you dont see anything negetive about the community find hormones use normal?...? whats wrong with you people.
    Anyways i made my point i guess i leave it like this we will see in the next 40-50 years when more and more people get on hormones what this will do and if it mostly have possitive or negetive effects time will tell.
    Last edited by tromage2; 2022-07-16 at 03:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu 2020 View Post
    OR, could it be that there's so many bigoted assholes out there telling trans people that they're monsters, that it leads to a much higher suicide rate because they're more or less social outcasts?

I realize everyone thinks their anti-trans propaganda is perfectly sound and logical, but they can't possibly fathom how ignorant they are most/all of the time.
    I'm pretty sure nobody ever called a tranny a monster. The suicide rate has nothing to do with anything but the issues those people has with themselves. Just because someone doesn't agree with the trans community doesn't make them bigots' either. if it does then both sides are filled with bigots.

Infracted for trolling. Tranny is a word we do not want to see on these forums.
    Last edited by xskarma; 2022-07-16 at 04:03 AM.

It's not tin foil... I've delt with business my entire adult life. Business and corporate people are just a bit more honest about motives, I suppose.

I'm not sure what I said has anything to do with COVID though. I was all for covid vaccines and treatment. Unless you're just assuming I'm your typical republican and tossing me into one of your mental models.

No, I meant, if 98% of the medical community believes that this gender dysphoria stuff isn't a mental illness...then it isn't. You can't buy universal dishonesty. I believe the medical and scientific community, as a whole, is apolitical (I say this being a part of the community).

But I don't know where the medical community stands on this topic, as much as I do other illnesses such as COVID.

10+ Year Old Account
    I dont give a shit as long as I get to have a goatee

Other than that, this shouldn't bother anyone. Live and let live.

Simple.

10+ years ago doctors were more likely to tell you you're fat. Now they find every reason to avoid it to make you "right". And if you're right, you're more likely to return.
    this makes no sense,wouldnt a doctor telling you that your fat and you need treatment be beneficial for the doctor?my doctor has been nagging me for years to start working on my weight and im not even that fat

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kevincuomo View Post
    "Pronouns".... Oh god..... what a joke.
    imagine respecting other people,ykes!

Quote Originally Posted by Pengalor View Post
    You get made about supposed 'shaming' talk and then try to shame me by insulting my IQ lol. Luckily, I was taught to be able to think for myself and to understand the areas where my knowledge is limited, but to trust those who actually know what they're talking about because they spent a lot of time studying it and working with people who were affected by it. You've chosen to listen to...random conservative talking heads, I suppose? Not a great choice, in my opinion but you live your own life.
    I'm not shaming your IQ. I said it was low IQ level of speech. As in, I'd have to be a fool to fall for such a common verbal strong arm. But I'm not going to lie, I am starting to question your actual ability to think for yourself, because yet again, another person accused me of being a raging republican who listens to a bunch of fox and other big Republican figures. But just to shake up your mental model a bit here, I can't find myself in a crowd of conservatives because religion is just as silly to me, though I support anyone to have their own religious beliefs and I wouldn't think less of them for having their own thoughts.

It's ironic that you suspect I listen to a certain subset of folks but you literally make the same posts and arguments as any mainstream liberal agenda pusher. I haven't seen anything to suggest otherwise here. Nothing you said comes off as unique or something you have determined on your own. Just another "hur hur, you don't think like me? ur republic bigot, good luk on wrong side of history."

Good luck keeping the country in the dark because the Democratic party can't exist without some agenda to chase. That's the literal definition of "progressive," rooted in "progress." The hunter can't exist without the hunt and you get played, and are made to feel like a victim for someone FAR more powerful than you to benefit. Republicans really aren't too different with fear mongering with tradition, so don't get it twisted. Most people are generally unable to think for themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    You're really reaching here to try to pull some weird guilt card that doesn't exist.

I mean, "it's killing you slowly"

Congratz, so is everything. Life is killing you slowly. What the hell are you measuring "slowly" by anyway? Not that I expect any sort of honest discussion on this.
    I can actually answer this one. Long term hormone use may be tied to an increased risk of Dementia and Alzheimer's, blood clotting, multiple cancers, stroke, cardiac arrest, brain lesions, joint pain and swelling, depression, difficulty concentrating, insomnia, reduced or eliminated sexual drive/function, and hearing loss. This depends slightly on which hormone you are taking and the method of administering them. Most studies are looking at the taking of a hormone matching your sex. Almost no substantial long term data exists, especially not for cross-sex hormone use.

Some data also exists showing that taking hormones reduces your own natural production of said hormone, meaning any interruption after a long time will result in deleterious effects. The data showing low levels of hormones being a bad thing is far more solid than the supplementation of it being a good thing. Even so, most doctors recommend against taking hormonal treatments unless necessary because of this uncertainty. Turns out that on average, our bodies are pretty good at producing the right amount of these hormones for our needs.

Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    No, I meant, if 98% of the medical community believes that this gender dysphoria stuff isn't a mental illness...then it isn't.
    And even if it was at one point, science advances and grows. Homosexuality was once considered disordered by the APA and was listed as such in the DSM. Now we've realized that it isn't disordered, rather our reaction to it was the issue and that when gay people aren't persecuted and attacked they often end up perfectly happy and healthy. That's what's happening with transgenderism now, we're realizing that we were wrong seeing sex and gender as being synonymous, we're seeing that the outcomes for gender-affirming treatment are (while obviously not perfect) much better than telling the person they are sick and trying to force their mindset to change.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Theangryone View Post
    Can I get infracted too? Never seem to manage it
    it's pretty easy to get infracted. simply break the rules! lol

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rad1um View Post
    I dont give a shit as long as I get to have a goatee

Other than that, this shouldn't bother anyone. Live and let live.

Simple.
    this is the best take so far on this thread

I'm not shaming your IQ. I said it was low IQ level of speech. As in, I'd have to be a fool to fall for such a common verbal strong arm. But I'm not going to lie, I am starting to question your actual ability to think for yourself, because yet again, another person accused me of being a raging republican who listens to a bunch of fox and other big Republican figures. But just to shake up your mental model a bit here, I can't find myself in a crowd of conservatives because religion is just as silly to me, though I support anyone to have their own religious beliefs and I wouldn't think less of them for having their own thoughts.

It's ironic that you suspect I listen to a certain subset of folks but you literally make the same posts and arguments as any mainstream liberal agenda pusher. I haven't seen anything to suggest otherwise here. Nothing you said comes off as unique or something you have determined on your own. Just another "hur hur, you don't think like me? ur republic bigot, good luk on wrong side of history."

Good luck keeping the country in the dark because the Democratic party can't exist without some agenda to chase. That's the literal definition of "progressive," rooted in "progress." The hunter can't exist without the hunt and you get played, and are made to feel like a victim for someone FAR more powerful than you to benefit. Republicans really aren't too different with fear mongering with tradition, so don't get it twisted. Most people are generally unable to think for themselves.
    You think Republican is synonymous with conservative? Or that all conservatives are religious? Oh boy, you must be young or living under a rock...none of those are true. You also seem to think that 'not Republican = Democrat' which...wow lol. You're really not impressing me with your lack of knowledge on basic concepts.

I'm just here for the comments