Page 15 of 64 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Disappointed, can't say much more without being infracted.

In a fictional world, extreme minority OUTSIDE of that fictional world decides how all things go. So, WoW no longer has males and females because apparently we can't tell the difference in-game anymore?

At least I won't be banned for misgendering a burly human with bodybuilder bodytype and beard...

I like body type 2 more.

Quote Originally Posted by Pengalor View Post
    And even if it was at one point, science advances and grows. Homosexuality was once considered disordered by the APA and was listed as such in the DSM. Now we've realized that it isn't disordered, rather our reaction to it was the issue and that when gay people aren't persecuted and attacked they often end up perfectly happy and healthy. That's what's happening with transgenderism now, we're realizing that we were wrong seeing sex and gender as being synonymous, we're seeing that the outcomes for gender-affirming treatment are (while obviously not perfect) much better than telling the person they are sick and trying to force their mindset to change.
    I literally tried to address this earlier and either you didn't see it or didn't care to dig in. But what you said is NOT what we're doing. We are not separating sex and gender. We're pretending sex doesn't exist and letting gender supersede. This is where I start to struggle with the whole concept. If People wanted to break sex away from socially constructed genders (which is exactly what they are, just a broader breadth of social constructs) that at least has real value. But that isn't what's happening. We're, for example, mixing male (sex) with "other" genders with female (sex) sports, for example. It's even becoming difficult for woman health centers to classify their own definition for a woman and who they support. THIS is what causes concern. You'd might understand the opposition better and be able to foster better outcomes if you took a moment to see an opposing view and think critically about it before reacting emotionally.

- - - Updated - - -

You think Republican is synonymous with conservative? Or that all conservatives are religious? Oh boy, you must be young or living under a rock...none of those are true. You also seem to think that 'not Republican = Democrat' which...wow lol. You're really not impressing me with your lack of knowledge on basic concepts.
    I'm just trying to speak your language buddy, doing my best here.

Quote Originally Posted by El Gucaragua View Post
    Masculine females, a.k.a Tomboys, are still women. Just because they have more masculine traits does not negate the fact they are women. It is an exception, not the norm.
    Yeah, and women with beards are still women.

And with dwarves, the fantasy of both genders being bearded is a commom trope.

What?

Quote Originally Posted by Amnaught View Post
    Yeah, and women with beards are still women.

And with dwarves, the fantasy of both genders being bearded is a commom trope.

What?
    It isn't really common to be fair.

Quote Originally Posted by Saradain View Post

In a fictional world, extreme minority OUTSIDE of that fictional world decides how all things go. So, WoW no longer has males and females because apparently we can't tell the difference in-game anymore?

At least I won't be banned for misgendering a burly human with bodybuilder bodytype and beard...
    who said there arent male and females anymore?the point of this is that not everyone with body type X fits in the male or female cathegory,not everyone that looks like body type 1 identifies as male

Quote Originally Posted by ArtistOfWar View Post
    I literally tried to address this earlier and either you didn't see it or didn't care to dig in. But what you said is NOT what we're doing. We are not separating sex and gender. We're pretending sex doesn't exist and letting gender supersede. This is where I start to struggle with the whole concept. If People wanted to break sex away from socially constructed genders (which is exactly what they are, just a broader breadth of social constructs) that at least has real value. But that isn't what's happening. We're, for example, mixing male (sex) with "other" genders with female (sex) sports, for example. It's even becoming difficult for woman health centers to classify their own definition for a woman and who they support. THIS is what causes concern. You'd might understand the opposition better and be able to foster better outcomes if you took a moment to see an opposing view and think critically about it before reacting emotionally.
    No, that's not what's happening. There is a small group of people pushing for that, but that has not changed the scientific consensus. Again, stop listening to whatever you're being fed and talk to actual medical professionals.

Quote Originally Posted by ArtistOfWar View Post
    I'm just trying to speak your language buddy, doing my best here.
    And failing miserably. Shows a lack of comprehension.

This is so retarded lmao

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    who said there arent male and females anymore?the point of this is that not everyone with body type X fits in the male or female cathegory,not everyone that looks like body type 1 identifies as male
    Well effectively that is, I expect the cursor hover tooltip also does away with genders, because it'd look rather silly to see "Blood elf Body 1 Paladin" for example?

I don't know why Blizzard did not just keep the genders/sexes and give additional body types for each instead of entirely saying that our characters cannot be made as a definite male/female anymore.

On top of that, I personally use science as the basis of how I perceive the world - if you have X/Y chromosomes, you are male. If X/X, you are female. Nothing can change that fact.
    Last edited by Saradain; 2022-07-16 at 04:15 AM.

Well effectively that is, I expect the cursor hover tooltip also does away with genders, because it'd look rather silly to see "Blood elf Body 1 Paladin" for example?

I don't know why Blizzard did not just keep the genders/sexes and give additional body types for each instead of entirely saying that our characters cannot be made as a definite male/female anymore.
    That costs money and virtue points should be free.

No, that's not what's happening. There is a small group of people pushing for that, but that has not changed the scientific consensus. Again, stop listening to whatever you're being fed and talk to actual medical professionals.

And failing miserably. Shows a lack of comprehension.
    Alright, buddy. Enjoy your "as long as I side with anyone who feels oppressed and is a minority then I'm right" lifestyle. You'll probably win in the end anyways because the social shaming is, admittedly incredibly effective. Luckily I'm smart enough to blend in with the crowd and let people walk all over me in real life, so I'll manage.

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    imagine respecting other people,ykes!
    Imagine that indeed. What about us who don't want to force pronouns on other people to call me? I don't care one bit for it and it only makes MY dysphoria worse by all this hyper-fixation with gender stuff. Let me get immersed in a world where I am free of IRL political issues and stuff. Because yes, this is a very specific brand of (fake) progressivism. Shallow activism. Slacktivism.

The only people who are happy, are the ERPers on Moonguard. You know who I'm talking about.

Stop forcing this on me. Stop saying sex and gender are different, then remove biological sex as an option. Stop calling women "Body Type 2" or "Style Type 2". Just stop.

Quote Originally Posted by Voidism View Post
    Imagine that indeed. What about us who don't want to force pronouns on other people to call me? I don't care one bit for it and it only makes MY dysphoria worse by all this hyper-fixation with gender stuff. Let me get immersed in a world where I am free of IRL political issues and stuff. Because yes, this is a very specific brand of (fake) progressivism. Shallow activism. Slacktivism.
    There can be no escape... all must be assimilated. There is nothing not worth fighting over. Those who tire of constant battle tire of life.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chapel View Post
    I explain it as the rare genetic anomaly that it is. Without external alterations, the male grows up to be an effeminate male. Not a female trapped in a man's body. Gender modification surgery is not the solution.
    It's a pretty flimsy argument if you start making exceptions for it. It's either absolute or it isn't. Not only that, people with androgen insensitivity syndrome don't grow up to be effeminate males. They get raised as women and stay women.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account

again, for like the fiftieth fucking time, males and females aren't being removed from the game. literally all that is happening is that instead of male bodies and female bodies being restricted to their specific gender, they are available to both now. want a female character with a more masculine build? or a male with a more feminine build? well you can do that now. the only thing that has changed is the names, which I suspect is because they plan to add more in the future

Oof. Good to see men are still #1 at least lmfao.

Gender dysphoria is a mental illness yet we shape policy and society to cater to the illness. Name another illness that we do that for. Are we supposed to make policy for my schizophrenic neighbor who thinks the CIA is out to get him? Should I be compelled to play along with his delusions or would it be schizophobic of me to tell him that it's just his paranoia and everything will be ok?

Infracted for hateful language.
    Last edited by xskarma; 2022-07-16 at 04:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Voidism View Post
    wtf r u talking about? if you tell me your name is bob and i call you asshat,you would be ok with it?

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    again, for like the fiftieth fucking time, males and females aren't being removed from the game. literally all that is happening is that instead of male bodies and female bodies being restricted to their specific gender, they are available to both now. want a female character with a more masculine build? or a male with a more feminine build? well you can do that now. the only thing that has changed is the names, which I suspect is because they plan to add more in the future
    Then why did they not retain the gender terms and add new body types for both? They literally erased the WORDS, nothing in the character creation menu now implies your biological gender/sex. There is NOTHING IRL that can change your biological sex, nothing, we do not have the tech. In game sure, you can pretend magic did it but this topic will never die out and we'll be arguing about this 50 years from now on as well, if this whole era of ignoring science still exists.