Dracthyr Discerning Eye Questions

I realize we are in Alpha, but I hadn't seen much discussion about this racial yet.

Discerning Eye (Passive) - Increases your Perception by 50. Perception increases the radius of tracking Mining and Herbalism nodes, and the chance of finding additional rare materials while gathering.

Presumably, one of the stats we will get through professions will be perception. I am curious as to how significant this racial will be, and to the effect of "finding additional rare materials while gathering". The first part specifically mentions Mining and Herbalism, but would Skinning and Disenchanting also benefit from perception as they are gathering professions as well, even Tailoring with cloth scavenging.

If someone has a link to something available online that talks more about Discerning Eye specifically, please share. I haven't been able to find anything about this racial, as much of the focus on Alpha currently seems to be with acclimating to the dps and healing of the class as a whole.

Quote Originally Posted by Neverafter View Post
    I am curious as to how significant this racial will be
    Absolutely fucking irrelevant, like 99% of racials, or 100% of racials that do nothing for fights.

It'll be a teeny tiny itsy bitsy increase that may matter for some weird-ass bot miner over 100 hours of gathering but won't do jack shit for anyone else, really.

The most important part is that it'll never ever ever be more relevant than the fact you have to be an Evoker - both in the positive and negative sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    Absolutely fucking irrelevant, like 99% of racials, or 100% of racials that do nothing for fights.

It'll be a teeny tiny itsy bitsy increase that may matter for some weird-ass bot miner over 100 hours of gathering but won't do jack shit for anyone else, really.

The most important part is that it'll never ever ever be more relevant than the fact you have to be an Evoker - both in the positive and negative sense.
    Not everything has to be about min-maxing for a raid. Some people actually enjoy professions and other areas of the game. Also, they have already said they may allow Dracthyr to be other classes in the future, which I would be shocked if they didn't allow, maybe in the next expansion.

Regardless, for those that are interested, I wonder if it will only work for Dragonflight and forward content, or if it will be retroactive, for example, mining in Pandaria and giving gems, or mining in Northrend and giving gems and elemental crystals.

Quote Originally Posted by Neverafter View Post
    Not everything has to be about min-maxing for a raid. Some people actually enjoy professions and other areas of the game.
    That's fine. But the argument "I like it" trumps everything, so there is no discussion. You enjoy something? Do it. Who cares if it's the best.

But that wasn't the question.

Probably 10% or 20% increase of rare items? or w/e % would equal how good tauren and worgen and Dark iron? Have with extra speed gathering. I mean it has to be at least impactful enough to not make your gatherer a druid tauren or worgen.