Page 34 of 64 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nzx View Post
    Two biological sexes
    Infinite gender identities/expressions, on a spectrum

What's so hard to grasp?
    The hard part to grasp for me is why they're adding sexual preference in the game for literally no reason, apart from Blizzard trying to look good. Useless it's what it is.

Amazing threads, ty for the post. Does a great job of explaining just how complicated these things get.

Quote Originally Posted by Snuke View Post
    It’s also pretty normal for someone to be a human hermaphrodite if they’re born that way genius. Likewise with all the other gender stuff. If you can’t see that, seek help.
    The chance of that occurring implies strongly it is not a normal state hence the lack of representation. If you can't reply to me without insulting me, I think you might realize one day it is part of the reasons people won't even try to seek common ground with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Overlordd View Post
    0 evidence, just a load of bullshit.
    I'm sorry are you sugest there is 0 evidence for
    ranging from genetic (XXY, XYY, Y, X, XX with translocation, XY with deletion) to hormonal (Androgen Insensitivity, Estradiol failure), and disruptors like dioxins
    Because you could crack open a first-year biology textbook or hell even google shit like Klinefelter's syndrome.
    Tonight for me is a special day. I want to go outside of the house of the girl I like with a gasoline barrel and write her name on the road and set it on fire and tell her to get out too see it (is this illegal)?

Quote Originally Posted by ArtistOfWar View Post
    All you detailed was gender dysphoria... Yes it has existed for a long time, but for a long time gender and sex was welcomely accepted as the same thing (as it realistically should be)?
    No, it shouldn't be, because biological sex is between your legs, and gender identity is in your brain. Or do you want to argue that balls and brain is the same thing? I did hear a theory that some men think with their balls, but I'm not sure how reliable the source is.

Quote Originally Posted by Rageonit View Post
    Fun fact: do you know that in the past (wasn't so long ago actually!) women who were sexually very active would get treatment for "mental disorder"? They were treated with electro shocks and what not! And imagine society was totally okay with it. After all, those women were a small % of the whole population, so it clearly wasn't normal and required proper treatment.
    But they were women, who in fact were very numerous in the world, around the 50% or slightly more, were they not? Their behaviour =/= their biology.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    Sigh. Apparently acknowledging basic facts of reality is "phobic" and "hateful" these days.
    Takes more energy to be a ass then just shrug and go about your day, if you hate things that don't fit in your ugly little box called "normal"

Quote Originally Posted by Pyromanyac View Post
    The hard part to grasp for me is why they're adding sexual preference in the game for literally no reason, apart from Blizzard trying to look good. Useless it's what it is.
    To me it just looks like the first step they are taking into the realm of crazy.
    We should be worried for the next character cosmatic options.

Soon you see male Orcs with boobs and Female humans with beards.
    But i guess these SJW's are fine with anything so guess they would be happy with these changes aswell.

Quote Originally Posted by Saradain View Post
    But they were women, who in fact were very numerous in the world, around the 50% or slightly more, were they not? Their behaviour =/= their biology.
    Okay, I'll copy it agian. I can do it all day long!

Biological gender and gender identity are two different things. Every self-conscious being has "gender identity" - it is, to put it simply, how you feel about your own sexuality. To say that "gender identity doesn't exist" would mean that you are unable to think consciously about your own sexuality. People are capable of doing that, hence their gender identity. You're a biological male, you think of yourself as a male, hence you're a cis male. But there are people who are born male, but don't think of themselves as such - because they have different gender identity. You can't deny its existence; those people exist. It's not a new thing by the way, it's known since ancient times. Many ancient cultures worshiped people who would be called "gender fluid" today and often believed those people possessed unique qualities or powers. Today, we are a step ahead and we are able to study gender fluidity.

Fun fact: do you know that in the past (wasn't so long ago actually!) women who were sexually very active would get treatment for "mental disorder"? They were treated with electro shocks and what not! And imagine society was totally okay with it. After all, those women were a small % of the whole population, so it clearly wasn't normal and required proper treatment.
    You really confuse some really stupid historical acts with what we're arguing here. Gender-identity is literally nothing but a massive list of personal trait/stereotype combinations. That's literally all it is. It's completely unnecessary and does not signify why people should be shunned over using someone's pronoun that matches their visible sex, which is what we have always done for very logical reasons...

Prior existence of stupid thinking does not mean some new age idea must be right. At one point your every example was a new concept. It clearly wasn't right. Luckily this one is less dangerous, but it's still dangerous, especially as we start pushing the idea on to children who may think it's necessary to physically change themselves to act the way they want, because they're basically told they need to look how they want to act.

Okay, I'll copy it agian. I can do it all day long!

Biological gender and gender identity are two different things. Every self-conscious being has "gender identity" - it is, to put it simply, how you feel about your own sexuality. To say that "gender identity doesn't exist" would mean that you are unable to think consciously about your own sexuality. People are capable of doing that, hence their gender identity. You're a biological male, you think of yourself as a male, hence you're a cis male. But there are people who are born male, but don't think of themselves as such - because they have different gender identity. You can't deny its existence; those people exist. It's not a new thing by the way, it's known since ancient times. Many ancient cultures worshiped people who would be called "gender fluid" today and often believed those people possessed unique qualities or powers. Today, we are a step ahead and we are able to study gender fluidity.
    Hey now, this most recent reply chain to me began when I linked something from an entity I believe is a very reputable source in scientific matters - National Human Genome Research Institute. I did not argue about this particular matter, I simply asked if the reputable scientific source was wrong. To which I never got an answer for.

I thank you for replying to me politely, and I will happily read the things you post if it helps me to understand the science behind all this.

Quote Originally Posted by ArtistOfWar View Post
    You really confuse some really stupid historical acts with what we're arguing here. Gender-identity is literally nothing but a massive list of personal trait/stereotype combinations. That's literally all it is. It's completely unnecessary
    According to who? You? Well let me reserve my judgment then.

This is fucked up...
    Just shows that more deranged deer people have taken over the company from the inside.

I dont really give a shit if men like to suck dick and take it up the ass or if women like to scissor their sisters. Each to their own.
    But why cancel culture the MALE / FEMALE options. You exclude 99% just to you include 1% or less.
    Nothing stops the individuals from selecting a FEMALE or MALE character and thus play what they think they identify as.
    Last edited by Nelle; 2022-07-16 at 08:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    ok suzy,glad thats sorted out

- - - Updated - - -

yeah,i agree,i tend to respect people that offer respect

- - - Updated - - -

literaly every person uses pronouns,how would someone adress you?when they dont know your name
    By class usually role if there are more then one but I mostly play higher end content pugged 23ish mythic plus

Quote Originally Posted by Pazzal View Post
    Here’s the question that no of you people can answer. How does it hurt you?
    Trump is going to be president again isn't he

*makes sad europe sounds*

Never imagined I would quit the game not because of bad content, but because of the devs catering to < 1% of the population. Sad to see these SoCal clowns ruin our game.

According to who? You? Well let me reserve my judgment then.
    Okay... So for some it's necessary to make sure people understand with a single word the types of people they want to have sex with, and how masculine or feminine they will probably act, and a series of other interests they will most likely have because they want to identify with a certain gender. It's impossible to put every trait into what people want, and since culture is ever changing, whatever people make up now will not even always be relevant. THIS is why I say it's not necessary.

Sex is very simple. It's not likely to change any time soon without quite a long time of evolution. It has always worked as a very simple identifier for someone's biology and general physiology. Why can that no longer be valid because people want to hi-jack that thing and make it into something more existential than it needs to be? I'd like an honest answer to this because, I'll be honest, to me, yes, this is people turning their own quirks into everyone elses problem to try to figure out and deal with, and on a social level, it's not needed for every day life.

Quote Originally Posted by Kithelle View Post
    Takes more energy to be a ass then just shrug and go about your day, if you hate things that don't fit in your ugly little box called "normal"
    What I don't get is why we can't have male / female and body type 1 / body type 2 or whatever people want to call themselves.

Just looking at identity cards and such it's a vast,vast,vast majority that identify as male / female .

Quote Originally Posted by Hyrja View Post
    Never imagined I would quit the game not because of bad content, but because of the devs catering to < 1% of the population. Sad to see these SoCal clowns ruin our game.
    Buh bye. No one will miss you.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyrja View Post
    You mean the game made by people from SoCal? Let's be real, if you were actually going to quit you'd just go, not virtue signal about it.