Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ghays View Post
    No, it sucked. Case closed.

- - - Updated - - -

Because Cata sucked.

- - - Updated - - -

Cata Classic already happened in the future. It was…… cataclysmically awful. So much so that time travelers from the future have already come back to our present to prevent it from having happened. Which it did, but not anymore.
    What if.... the Heroic dungeon dificulty was left untouched like it was at launch before the major nerfs, they eliminated de 10m hc or at least made it like LK with lesser loot, and other stuff along these lines?

Personally what totally spoiled Cata for me was how bad Dragon Soul was, specially the last fight, spine was still kinda cool, different concept at least. The previous raid tiers and raids themselves were decent imo.

High Overlord
    5+ Year Old Account
    Cata is the best patch.
    5 man hc was easy (for dps).
    underwater zone/areas where beyond great.
    whiners always need something to whine about.

My guess is they will simply go for a Classic version of every expansion. The massive decline, especially in raiding in Shadowlands probably means its better to have a version of every expansion available to all rather than betting it all on a single expansion.

Most of Cata's problems won't be relevant anymore.

WotLK -> Cata was the single greatest jump in difficulty in the game's history for all demographics, even the world first race (nearly 2 months long). Players have acclimated to it. At the time, people coped by saying it was boring or the story was complete for them, unwillingly to accept the game outclassed them now. There were thousands of "Kingslayer" guilds that couldn't even kill 1/3 of the raid bosses of T11.

There was almost nothing to do outside of raiding and rated pvp once launch dungeons lost their appeal. The demographics this applies to have not played classic outside of briefly sightseeing. They will have less than 0 interest in doing boring solo content again.

LFR. If WotLK isn't getting LFD, Cata isn't getting LFR.

The story, or lack thereof, was bad. So was every other expansion's story.

The only irredeemable problem with Cata was the assest flip that was Dragon Soul.

Quote Originally Posted by Dom View Post
    Most of Cata's problems won't be relevant anymore.

WotLK -> Cata was the single greatest jump in difficulty in the game's history for all demographics, even the world first race (nearly 2 months long). Players have acclimated to it. At the time, people coped by saying it was boring or the story was complete for them, unwillingly to accept the game outclassed them now. There were thousands of "Kingslayer" guilds that couldn't even kill 1/3 of the raid bosses of T11.

There was almost nothing to do outside of raiding and rated pvp once launch dungeons lost their appeal. The demographics this applies to have not played classic outside of briefly sightseeing. They will have less than 0 interest in doing boring solo content again.

LFR. If WotLK isn't getting LFD, Cata isn't getting LFR.

The story, or lack thereof, was bad. So was every other expansion's story.

The only irredeemable problem with Cata was the assest flip that was Dragon Soul.
    Really depends how they would balance it. They nerfed the shit out of heroics by 4.3 so you if you were looking for the iconic difficult heroics you might be screwed. But also as you highlighted, 4.3 is generally seen as decrease in quality in contrast to pretty much every other expansion. That type of foresight does play a part into it. I mean why get vested into Cataclysm Classic just to have to deal with DS again?

Quote Originally Posted by voidillusion View Post
    What if.... the Heroic dungeon dificulty was left untouched like it was at launch before the major nerfs, they eliminated de 10m hc or at least made it like LK with lesser loot, and other stuff along these lines?

Personally what totally spoiled Cata for me was how bad Dragon Soul was, specially the last fight, spine was still kinda cool, different concept at least. The previous raid tiers and raids themselves were decent imo.
    Cata would need way way way more work than that, the dungeons and raids are not even the tip of the iceberg to why the game started sucking

My assumption is that they'll do move forward with the expansions to come (cata, mop, etc) but will also provide a number of seasons in other eras each year, though I doubt every expansion at the same time.

Some of the arguments here are just amazingly ignorant, people don't seem to understand that real classic andys could careless about Cata. Classic fans plays for the world building and the social aspect of vanilla, they don't want difficult raids/dungeons and rbgs lol, if they cared about those things they would be playing retail because honestly, whats the difference between cata and retai? retail is actually more fun and has more things to do.
    Last edited by Khain; 2022-07-16 at 04:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    There won't be anymore classic launches after Wrath. TBC classic servers fell after the initial wave of interest. Wrath will have even less interest in it. Interest in Cata classic? Laughable.
    wrath private servers are astronomicaly more popular than tbc,tbc servers have been pretty dead

i rly hope we get cata,not only do i miss many cata specs,i feel cata had by far the best spec system,when u got to lvl 10 and chose your spec,you got insane power boosts and utility base don your spec,never understood why they changed that,after cata getting to lvl 10 felt pointless

also the cata launch experience was pretty good,all the changed felt awsome,proly my favorite new expansion launches

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by voidillusion View Post

what killed cata was the fact they shoved total noobs trained on wotlk heroics in to mythic+15 equivalent dungeons in a random setting

also the extreme bugs and or they forgot to tune 10 man raids

and the extreme cut content

and...a lot of people simply hated the revamp

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by saltyjumper View Post
    Cata is the best patch.
    5 man hc was easy (for dps).
    underwater zone/areas where beyond great.
    whiners always need something to whine about.
    5 mans were easy if you were decent and in a premade group

but considering wotlk trained randoms on actual easy heroics,throwing them in mythic +++ equivalent dungeons with total randoms was proly one of if not the worst idea they ever had

10+ Year Old Account
    The option to, for a small fee, transfer your WOTLK Classic character from Classic to Retail.

Source: Trust me Bro my uncle is Shigeru Miyamoto
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

Quote Originally Posted by Khain View Post
    if they cared about those things they would be playing retail because honestly, whats the difference between cata and retai? retail is actually more fun and has more things to do.
    Wotlk endgame is closer to the Cata endgame than that of Retail.

No matter what, Blizzard would be leaving money on the table to shorten Wrath to below 18 months. Per below I think Cataclysm is profitable but Wrath is the end of the beginning. No reason to rush, and that's before considering how central alts are to the expansion. Maybe 4-6-5-6 months for each major content patch; re-balance/-itemize Ruby Sanctum and slot it in with CotC and Onyxia (which could also spice up theorycrafting for ICC).

Quote Originally Posted by Dom View Post
    Although unflattering, this is one of the most accurate recollections of what happened. Launch mechanics were also a factor, from changes to healing that were moderated by 4.3, to rough edges left over from the beta that left a few classes startlingly underpowered. So I'd figure today, players would know exactly what they were getting and Blizzard could address that size of market.

I will argue that players' rationalizing other aspects of the game wasn't coping but a process of evaluation, chiefly because I watched it happen. Was their guild downing bosses? Were they personally performing well? Was the non-raiding stuff at least fun? Were the favorite things about their class still in the game? Was the setting at least cool? This last one, following a string of "No," seemed to be the make-or-break. To your point about all stories being bad — I disagree, and can confirm per Classic that it's not nostalgia or novelty. Note, too, that "lore" bores me; I pay attention to setting and storytelling, which are distinct, and Classic, TBC and Wrath had such a different tone and craft. Nowadays it probably won't matter to most players, but even though I look back to T11 as the best/worst of times a bit fondly, now that I recall the rest of the expansion, continuing has a lot less appeal.

I don't understand the hate people have for Cata but at the same time turn around and praise expansions before or after it, as if it's a fact not an opinion that Cata has some major flaws that make it unquestionably bad so therefor they'd never do Cata Classic. You can make a case about LFR but it's such small part of the overall game I can't understand that being a major sticking point and more than likely they'd keep it out of Cata Classic anyways. Beyond that I haven't heard a single major issue with it that doesn't exist in every single expansion in WoWs history, in fact I'd say it has far fewer issues than most Expansions.

I think if you can make a case for the existence of TBC Classic and Wrath Classic there is zero reason you couldn't make a case for Cata Classic, I think it gets a bad rap and people would actually be pleasantly surprised that it actually holds it's own with some of the more beloved expansions.

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    Wotlk endgame is closer to the Cata endgame than that of Retail.
    cata endgame is the same as retail minus mythic+

What? There was 10M Heroic raiding in Cata, something which definitely isn't a thing in retail.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ghays View Post
    Cata Classic already happened in the future. It was…… cataclysmically awful. So much so that time travelers from the future have already come back to our present to prevent it from having happened. Which it did, but not anymore.
    Cope harder, bro. This kind of irrational hate for an expansion is even more of a reason for Blizzard to do it.

So, just to establish the applied logic here:
    Wotlk endgame = Cata Endgame = Retail endgame (-M+)

In other words, if people dislike the Cata endgame, then Wotlk will be up their alley, either.

Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    The main things people hated about Cata can be easily fixed.

Dungeons too hard? Make them easy.
    OK i have to stop you there. This dugeons are NOt hard at all the amount of oh shit buttons we have and the fact that every class can CC and interrupt at that point made them very easy. They are easy than TBC HCs. Sure there is more mechanics to do but tanking healing and ccs are made way easier. They were a joke.

Dude ICC was being pug like crazy anyone you could had done ICC would have find CATA 5HCs to be a joke.

After the nerf they became aoe jerk fests.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DeltaLimaCharlie View Post
    I don't understand the hate people have for Cata but at the same time turn around and praise expansions before or after it, as if it's a fact not an opinion that Cata has some major flaws that make it unquestionably bad so therefor they'd never do Cata Classic. You can make a case about LFR but it's such small part of the overall game I can't understand that being a major sticking point and more than likely they'd keep it out of Cata Classic anyways. Beyond that I haven't heard a single major issue with it that doesn't exist in every single expansion in WoWs history, in fact I'd say it has far fewer issues than most Expansions.

I think if you can make a case for the existence of TBC Classic and Wrath Classic there is zero reason you couldn't make a case for Cata Classic, I think it gets a bad rap and people would actually be pleasantly surprised that it actually holds it's own with some of the more beloved expansions.
    1st patch was ok nice raids and mechanics decent dificult 5 mans
    2nd patch with 2 5man HC ZA/ZG revamped was stupid and we had nothing to do since we were BIS at the time we had no new raid.
    3rd Patch Firelands was decent
    4th Patch DS with mendatory LFR to complete set bonus in a stupid zone with forgetable boss names one of the worst raids i have ever done.

BUT!!!
    No more talent trees.... Fucking LFR..... Nerfing 5mans and making them jerkfests... 2nd patch without a new raid. Fucking paladin combo points that make the class unfun to play.

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    So, just to establish the applied logic here:
    Wotlk endgame = Cata Endgame = Retail endgame (-M+)

In other words, if people dislike the Cata endgame, then Wotlk will be up their alley, either.
    We're not talking about wrath here, I have zero excitement for wotlk, just another omegaboring raidlog expansion, but the endgame is different. Cata has LFR, mog, rbgs dual raid difficulty, while wrath gets dual raid difficulty at the end and still has a different loot table in 10 man which IMO is even worse than Cata. Wrath is not much better than cata, sure the lore and DKs was what made special back in the day, but in the endgame the only saving grace was ulduar, the rest mediocre to bad.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Etna-the-Undying View Post
    Sure there is more mechanics to do but tanking healing and ccs are made way easier. They were a joke.
    LOL
    Easy healing, absolutely not.

Healing Cata heroics in the first weeks when everyone was in green/blue gear was an absolute horror. Generally hc boss tuning was arranged around groups taking no avoidable damage. With some decent gear this meant easy kills because the healer had more output to fix mistakes and encounters ended way quicker due to higher DPS. But early on there were scenarios when just one guy taking a bit of avoidable damage meant the healer will go OOM leading to a wipe.

Early BC heroics were definitely comparable, but these were just simply overtuned, while being trivially easy barely requiring any mobility/spatial awareness. Cata upped the skill requirements by a lot, while also being very tightly tuned.

We're not talking about wrath here, I have zero excitement for wotlk, just another omegaboring raidlog expansion, but the endgame is different.
    No, it's not.
    LFR isn't in Cata until the very last tier, RBG's aren't exaxctly a focal point of Cata PvP, Arena still is.
    My point is quite simple, people are hyped for, if you aren't one of them, okay, that's fine, but it's not like Cata and Wotlk's endgame are that different.

If you not interested in both, okay, good for you.