Page 56 of 64 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Rad1um View Post
    Not because I dont like it, because, unlike you, im able to step away from my own emotional need to be correct and read the rules.

https://www.mmo-champion.com/faq.php?faq=forumrules
    So the person who posted the front page article should be banned for bringing this up?

Quote Originally Posted by Selah View Post
    I've said it before and I'll say it again, this actively works against the people it means to serve. Not to mention it's an absurd contradiction to remove male and female and then to add pronouns. Transwomen are women until it conflicts with other group identies, then it's transwomen are body type 2 I guess?
    Idk I think maybe I'll listen to the trans and NB pals re. whether these changes make them feel more included or not, rather than a bunch of incels on MMO-C.

Quote Originally Posted by Zalraki View Post
    Important issues for most people : Climate change, polution, war in Ukraine, pandemics
    Important issues for LGBT enthusiasts : Pronouns, toilets, representation in games, calling everyone else transphobic or bigots

So... who worries about minor things now?
    Turns out.. most people can do all of the above. Expecting you to treat people humanely even when they choose a different pronoun totally does not exclude me from expecting Russia to fuck off back to Russia. Yours is a false dichotomy.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntermyth View Post
    this woke shit is going places.

i always considered myself a leftist but if i was a u.s. citizen i would deffo vote rep.
    If you consider yourself a leftist outside of the U.S. and would vote republican if you were U.S., then you're not even close to left in any other country.
    The left in the U.S. isn't even considered left by European standards.

p.s : i am not against gays or lesbians, i just don't like this so called lgbtqqbbq+-! community.
    So you're against gays or lesbians. Because that's what LGBTQ+ is. It isn't a company that most gays/lesbians are a part of. It's a collective name for multiple groups.

My question to you: In what way does this change affect you? It is positive for some, so how is it negative for you?
    Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2
    People who don't buy the deluxe edition should be permanently banned. I'm sick of playing with poor people.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Call it whatever you want, WoW characters are either male or female. Period.

If they were to introduce a sex neutral race, then so be it, but it is just not the case yet. WOuld they now do it? that´d be very welcome. FFX had Kuja, if I recall correctly, a super cool character who had no sex. It was as of today one of the coolest, most badass evil character´s I´ve encountered in a game. So yeah, no problem.

But force feeding it now into wow out of the blue? No, thanks. It is uncalled for. The best thing about WoW´s community was that it never mattered your color of skin, sex orientation, religion or political views... you were one more players rading with your guild. Now they are forcing us all this "inclusion"... There was never a need for it in the first place because EVERYONE was always well integrated, called a noob or respected just as anyone else.

Now, the can of worms is open, making privileged and special things for certain community... so where does it end now? Up until now, we were all the same, people, players. Now there are distinctions? Imo this is a huge backfire... And hey, so what if I want to identify as a Ferrari F40? where´s the option for me? (Absurd example, but very much spot on)
    Last edited by shise; 2022-07-16 at 04:24 PM.

Aren't the players always referred to as "They/them tho?
    I cannot remember ever being called him or her, she or he in wow, other than by players ofc

Lawl, how desperate. The game already sucked and is bleeding players like never before, so Blizzard is trying to rope in a couple of trannies to squeeze out a few extra dollars. The game WAS great. When they actually worked on producing amazing content instead of this garbage.

This is what happens when people see no hardship in their lives. They create shit like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Zalraki View Post
    Important issues for most people : Climate change, polution, war in Ukraine, pandemics
    Important issues for LGBT enthusiasts : Pronouns, toilets, representation in games, calling everyone else transphobic or bigots

So... who worries about minor things now?
    You know you can care about multiple things at the same time right?

Also the group of people who are transphobic or bigots are also the same people who don't believe in climate change, pollution, the pandemic or even that the war in ukraine is not a russian invasion. The group of people who believe the "LGBT enthusiasts" issues as you called it are more likely to also believe the above issues.
    People who don't buy the deluxe edition should be permanently banned. I'm sick of playing with poor people.

Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Do you have any idea how many ads are getting delivered to the people frantically refreshing this thread to flame each other? Considering every other major WoW news outlet has (rightfully) locked discussion on this topic, this has become the single place on the internet for people to share their super unique opinions on this subject matter.
    Imagine not using adblock or a browser like Brave that hides ads automatically lmfao

Quote Originally Posted by Overlordd View Post
    This is what happens when people see no hardship in their lives. They create shit like this.
    Kinda sad that you consider that a bad thing. "Anything made by people who don't suffer through war is bad."

The "easy times create weak men" meme is so laughable. Nobody in philosophy or politics takes it seriously, but snowflakes online spam it to justify criticizing anything they dislike.

Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post

If they were to introduce a sex neutral race, then so be it, but it is just not the case yet. WOuld they now do it? that´d be very welcome. FFX had Kuja, if I recall correctly, a super cool character who had no sex. It was as of today one of the coolest, most badass evil character´s I´ve encountered in a game. So yeah, no problem.

But force feeding it now into wow out of the blue? No, thanks.
    Call it whatever you want, but WoW characters are whatever Blizzard makes them. The fact that you disagree is utterly meaningless.

Quote Originally Posted by Saradain View Post
    Man I feel honored, even if it is not equal treatment I received by mods long ago! You heard it here folks, mods are sleeping, post catgirls....or something!
    Are they still asleep? Can I still post Cat-body type 2's?

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowyFanatic View Post
    Holy crap I didn't know Sweden practiced slavery. They're so chill and "progressive" and "feminist" lol. Wow, that's intense. When did they end the practice?
    Pretty much everyone practiced slavery. I recommend looking into Thomas Sowell on slavery, he really puts some of the historical facts into perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by Illusions View Post
    Nobody here is defending pedos. MAPs are a product OF 4chan, and this has been proven. Don't sealion, you can very easily verify that yourself if you even bothered to.

Depression leads to suicide, without proper help. Gender dysphoria can cause depression. Gender affirming care has been shown to have drastic beneficial changes to a person. Nobody is getting chemically sterilized, that is a conservative myth. If you want to talk about chemical sterilization, let's talk about Alan Turing. Otherwise, shut up and stop spreading misinformation. This 'chemical sterilization' or w/e was brought up in Matt Walsh's documentary is a lie, and nobody has complained about the same medication used on cis kids, because guess what - cis kids also need these same medications for very valid reasons.

Yeah, Double Think that is already in effect in Florida. You literally have to stop and mentally compel yourself to not speak about anything LGBTQ+, or you can be punished by law. Conservatives love victimizing themselves thinking they cannot speak their mind. Guess what: conservatives usher in Double Think with their religious doctrines.
    MAPs are not a product of 4-chan. It was coined from pro-pedo specific organization B4U-ACT by a convicted pedo named Michael Melsheimer and then further advanced recently by a research professor named Allyn Walker.

Depression doesn't 'lead to' suicide. It's a comorbidity. Also, the affirming care does show some help, but it's closer to taking aspirin when you have a broken leg. It's by no means the golden goose, and it comes with an extremely high complication rate and causes many more problems than it fixes. Not being honest about the downsides of affirming care is directly harmful to trans individuals, the vast majority of which (about 70-80%) don't want hormones or surgery. This most likely because the science just isn't there yet. As I said to a previous individual: If we had the technology to reliably create a phallus that functions properly then men would have jumped on this surgery ages ago to get bigger dongs.

Finally, the Florida law is absolutely not what activists claim it to be, and it absolutely is not "Double Think". Double Think requires you to hold two contradicting statements as the truth at the same time (such as "trans people have gender incongruence" and "gender is just an arbitrary social construct"). The law prohibits any sexual talk at inappropriate ages, which includes talking about straight relationships. As much as it potentially prevents a gay man from talking about his husband, it prevents a straight man from talking about his wife. It wasn't aimed at sexual orientation at all, it was aimed at sex.

I actually like that this thread has stayed open so long, and would love it if more threads like this stayed open in the future. It's a really good tool for purging trolls and assholes from the forum, though that probably goes against engagement metrics that the site owners want to see. If they ban all the trolls then who will be left to drive more engagement on the website and get them more ad revenue?

Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post

But force feeding it now into wow out of the blue? No, thanks.
    But you're cool with literal magic, an afterlife created by robots and aliens? Having a different name of a clickable button is what makes you upset?

Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2 View Post
    You know you can care about multiple things at the same time right?

Also the group of people who are transphobic or bigots are also the same people who don't believe in climate change, pollution, the pandemic or even that the war in ukraine is not a russian invasion. The group of people who believe the "LGBT enthusiasts" issues as you called it are more likely to also believe the above issues.
    Yeah, but come on. Comparing those things to getting upset because your only choices are "male" or "female" in a video game is idiotic. I mean, I'm not an elf or a panda or an orc in real life, but you don't see me raging because of it.
    How joyous to be in such a place! Where phishing is not only allowed, it is encouraged!

Quote Originally Posted by Overlordd View Post
    You literally created a thread crying about being, and I quote, "gatekept", because Blizzard added pronoun choice to WoW.

Do you not feel the least bit embarrassed claiming that OTHER people have shallow concerns? Do you actually know the meaning of hypocrisy?

Quote Originally Posted by Ringthane View Post
    Yeah, but come on. Comparing those things to getting upset because your only choices are "male" or "female" in a video game is idiotic. I mean, I'm not an elf or a panda or an orc in real life, but you don't see me raging because of it.
    If you aren't a person who is affected by this, why would you think you have the insight to have a considered opinion on whether or not it is important to people that are? Why do you care enough to HAVE an opinion on the matter? You can still pick male.

This would be like if, say, a male politician suddenly decided they knew more about having a vagina or a womb than a woman.

Picking a fantasy RACE to play for your character, which is representative of a non-existent choice in reality (unless you know many non-humans that play video games), is not the same as picking a gender, which does. One has direct comparability to real life, and thus can be used as a direct representation of one's self in game, while the other simply does not.

This is a change with zero downsides that aren't directly based in (largely religious) bigotry. Unless you have a literal aversion to other people's gender identity (to wit: a bigotry), there is no reason for you to have an opinion on this matter unless it affects you.
    Last edited by Delekii; 2022-07-16 at 04:32 PM.

Really pronouns for the love of god do people even know the definition of a pronoun, this Inclusivity crap is getting way out of hand.

But you're cool with literal magic, an afterlife created by robots and aliens? Having a different name of a clickable button is what makes you upset?
    An afterlife now ruled by a guy whose sole character trait is being transgender, btw.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowyFanatic View Post
    I'm an atheist and not interested in any new religions lol.
    I cringed really hard at this. As a fellow atheist I will be asking the Grand Atheist to revoke your membership card. Please turn in your fedora at the earliest convenience.

Kinda sad that you consider that a bad thing. "Anything made by people who don't suffer through war is bad."

The "easy times create weak men" meme is so laughable. Nobody in philosophy or politics takes it seriously, but snowflakes online spam it to justify criticizing anything they dislike.
    How come nobody gives a shit about this mumbo jumbo in career fields like construction or other hard labour jobs then? This shit only exists in the high cushy jobs because those people need to make up something to not feel bad about their own privilege.