Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Sexless Races (Sethrak) Now Possible

For all the commotion about the new inclusivity options, I don't think a lot of people have realized that this now makes races like Sethrak, Ethereals and Jinyu VERY possible to be playable. Even Arrakoa and Drakonids!

In the past, these races have never had female models (no, Sethraliss is not the "female model") and instead have shared a singular model that uses masculine and feminine voices.

While in the past we have seen females created for previously singular-model races like Eredar/Draenei and Worgen, that hasn't happened in a long time. But now, for races like Ethereals where it would be odd if an energy mummy had tits and an hourglass, or Jinyu/Arrakoa having boobs for no reason, these races can be added in with a singular body type with lots of options like Dracthyr.

Voice selection can let people choose a masculine or feminine feel, as well as possibly a few small body type choices like Dracthyr. And overall its half as much work to focus on one body for animations, meaning that it's more likely for Blizzard to do.

tl;dr Dracthyr and the new inclusivity options make it more likely for fan favorites like Sethrak, Ethereals, Jinyu, Arrakoa and Drakonids, which lack dimorphic forms, to become playable. And i'm sure I'm missing some others.

7+ Year Old Account
    That's good

I still need troll beards for my body shape 1
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Im all for this. For some of these races there is already lore there to join a certain faction but for others, namely Arrakoa and Drakonids they'd have to come up with some lore. Unless I could have missed something. I don't play alliance.

Don't forget Mogu. There are only 2 body 2s in the game as far as I know!

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnusthegreat View Post
    Don't forget Mogu. There are only 2 body 2s in the game as far as I know!
    The Rajani make new bodies so I don't think that would be the case.

Idk why gender options are a discussion at all...I mean, if you were born a male but u now identify as a woman but u dont want to transition its YOUR problem not anyone else so if ppl dont understand that we all are different and it's our freedom to express our identity the way we like they are the ones who have a problem because they need to take care of their problems and what ppl decide to do with their bodies or in their bedrooms is none of their business.

That being said i will love to have all races that exist in the game available to play

Finally

Oger
    MMO Champs :

Quote Originally Posted by Cheezits View Post
    The Rajani make new bodies so I don't think that would be the case.
    It takes a mommy and a daddy orc to make a new orc body, but we don't discuss that, either.

10+ Year Old Account
    as a body type 1, i find body type 2s attractive.

sue me.
    war does not determine who is right, only who is left.

Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    I still need troll beards for my body shape 1
    That might make some people further question what the hidden biological differences of Body 1 and Body 2 are though. Can't have that /s

And now everyone asking "but what about female ogres" is having a fit.
    How joyous to be in such a place! Where phishing is not only allowed, it is encouraged!

Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    Its not a true inclusiveness addition to call things body 1 and body 2 when body 2 can't have attributes that body 1 has and vice versa. I thought the meaning of having body 1 and body 2 instead of male/female body was to alleviate such distinctions. So whats up body 2 can't have beard? And thats not "female body" but "body 2". So technically it is implied that its a female body but we can't call it female because someone could be "offended"? Is this really happening? lol

- - - Updated - - -

I want a beard on both body 1 and body 2. And while at it what does it mean "troll beards". Why can't NE have nice long beards. There are lore characters that are NE and have long beard (Malfurion). Also my body 2 toons could use beards since that represents me (I have a beard). WTF blizzard.
    Yes. Yes it is. If this is the shit they want to waste their time with, DF might be in trouble.

pretty sure all the races mentioned are regular races with both male and female (sethrak, arraoka, ethereal etc), and they seem to be so lorewise as well (we see terokk's daughter and some female sethrak priestesses for example), it is just the typical issue with the models in wow like Ogres appearing only as males because of the design of the races

also it would be a downgrade to go from drac'thyr (with so many customizations) to the older npc races that did not make it in the past for obvious reasons, the visage forms of drac'thyr are blood elf males and human females because those two are the most popular models
    Last edited by Elfezen; 2022-07-17 at 09:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ringthane View Post
    And now everyone asking "but what about female ogres" is having a fit.
    I sure hope this won't be an excuse to not make female ogres.

But eyh, the mechagnomes opened the door to races who don't have all transmog slots and instead of releasing races with unusual anatomy (like naga or dryad) we've got the dracthyr who display only a handful of gear.

IMO it does add a lot of potential for races with low sexual dimorphism such as Sethrak, Ethereal and Arakkoa. Just one model with customization options in a gender presentation spectrum with customizable gender ande voice sets would be great.

TBH I think other races with low dimorphism like gnomes and vulpera could have worked as such as well, specially after BfA added different torso geosets for female tabards.

I play WoW for escapism, my life is already sexless.

That said different body options are always a welcome addition.
    I suppose an inevitable question just becomes, is there a point where the visual distinction
    between body type 1 and 2 is so subtle, that even offering body types is irrelevant.

If there are enough customization options, you might not even need the choice of body type eventually.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    As another user mentioned in a recently closed thread, Elden Ring has done this and nobody cared or raised a stink. Lots of other games have also done similar and again, nobody cares enough to raise a stink. Why? Because the customisation and new options are good, it’s what people want

Quote Originally Posted by Cheezits View Post
    For all the commotion about the new inclusivity options, I don't think a lot of people have realized that this now makes races like Sethrak, Ethereals and Jinyu VERY possible to be playable. Even Arrakoa and Drakonids!

In the past, these races have never had female models (no, Sethraliss is not the "female model") and instead have shared a singular model that uses masculine and feminine voices.

While in the past we have seen females created for previously singular-model races like Eredar/Draenei and Worgen, that hasn't happened in a long time. But now, for races like Ethereals where it would be odd if an energy mummy had tits and an hourglass, or Jinyu/Arrakoa having boobs for no reason, these races can be added in with a singular body type with lots of options like Dracthyr.

Voice selection can let people choose a masculine or feminine feel, as well as possibly a few small body type choices like Dracthyr. And overall its half as much work to focus on one body for animations, meaning that it's more likely for Blizzard to do.

tl;dr Dracthyr and the new inclusivity options make it more likely for fan favorites like Sethrak, Ethereals, Jinyu, Arrakoa and Drakonids, which lack dimorphic forms, to become playable. And i'm sure I'm missing some others.
    I'm fairly certain most of the races you listed have sexes. Ethereal would be the only one that no longer has a sex although they PROBABLY did before they became what they are today. The others you named I would be 99% sure reproduce sexually as the creatures they are based on do much less they have differences between male and female. I do agree it would make no sense for a fish or bird person to have breasts although do you really want other races to be biologically accurate? I really don't want to see utters on Tauren or 8 breasts on a worgen.

jesus what happened to this game

What do you mean, how can there be no snake people with GIANT MAMMALIAN BOOBS to make it 1,000% clear they're women?

You know, like in pretty much all other fantasy works. I thought that's just how it works!

Don't confuse me now!