Page 2 of 41 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    There's more single player content in WoW than ever before. If you want to play a single player game there are better options than a MMO.

Is this just "gib Housing" thread #999 or do people just want more questlines?

Quote Originally Posted by Bramickias View Post
    MMORPG are meant to be played with other players.
    Wrong. MMORPG's are only meant to have a lot of people in one online place. It in no way means you have to play with other players or are even meant to play with other players.

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    Wrong. MMORPG's are only meant to have a lot of people in one online place. It in no way means you have to play with other players or are even meant to play with other players.
    Wrong, MMORPG are meant to be played with other people. Having lots of people in one online place is just any big online game. Having groups of players of various sizes team-up to take on challenges, is what MMORPG are about in the end. You can play by yourself and enjoy some of their systems all you want, but it's never been their main goal.

Maybe just play some of the amazing single player games out there?

Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post
    Only on MMO-C where people can claim confidently that WoW does not cater to the community/multiplayer aspect while also saying the game needs more single player aspects.

Wait, no-- they do that everywhere.
    Its becasue WoW both discourages community/multiplayer aspect while also not having much solo content.

You can want both if both are lacking.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Bramickias View Post
    Wrong, MMORPG are meant to be played with other people. Having lots of people in one online place is just any big online game. Having groups of players of various sizes team-up to take on challenges, is what MMORPG are about in the end. You can play by yourself and enjoy some of their systems all you want, but it's never been their main goal.
    Wrong. MMO means exactly what I said it did. All it means is a large group of players in one online spot. It does not in any way speak specifically to whether you are playing solo or in groups. People need to stop misrepresenting what MMO means.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    Maybe just play some of the amazing single player games out there?
    Or maybe just add more solo content into the game. Nowhere is it written that an MMO cannot have any or have some added to it.

WOw is at a point where more solo content is going to do nothing to grouped content.
    Ok, let me be on topic,

WoW could use more single player type content yes, but to the poster I quoted with FF14 as an example, that game is one end of an extreme with solo content and has and still has a detrimental effect on the grouped content, this really needs to be checked at all times.

Does it mean it affects solo player experiences for the worse, yes and I think thats the better trade off to have.

Quote Originally Posted by Thoriangun View Post
    Ok, let me be on topic,

WoW could use more single player type content yes, but to the poster I quoted with FF14 as an example, that game is one end of an extreme with solo content and has and still has a detrimental effect on the grouped content, this really needs to be checked at all times.

Does it mean it affects solo player experiences for the worse, yes and I think thats the better trade off to have.
    But that is not going to happen with WoW at this point. Those that are doing solo content now are not raiding. Adding more solo content for those that do not raid or mythic+ do not affect it. There really isn't that much overlap between the two anymore.

But that is not going to happen with WoW at this point. Those that are doing solo content now are not raiding. Adding more solo content for those that do not raid or mythic+ do not affect it. There really isn't that much overlap between the two anymore.
    ever heard of development resources and budgets?

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    Nope, you're wrong. FFXIV does it just fine.
    Can you name an example? Because even zones like Borja and Eureka are heavily designed to be played in groups or with a large number of players around.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by b1gh3x View Post

As it stands, there is currently very little reason to log on, outside your weekly m+/raid times. There is just nothing to do.
    Yes because the game was stripped of its progression systems. Without TF/AP you quickly can't get any upgrades anymore, outside of raidlogging.

Unfortunately Blizzard has decided to move the game 5 steps backwards and listened to the ever vocal, tiny minority of raidloggers.

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    Nope, you're wrong. FFXIV does it just fine.
    No, not really. Sure there are a lot of single-player quests, but ALL of those MSQs, revolve around doing raids and dungeons. So no, you couldn't do things solo, so no, they don't do it "fine" it's still an MMO at its core. Stop it with the dumb bullshit "gotcha" replies, when you're factually incorrect.

I agree. We at least need an updated Brawler's Guild.

Basically, single player content needs to be removed, except leveling. Die the rest a group should be required.

Quote Originally Posted by Trend View Post
    An MMO might not be the thing for you.
    Wrong. 99% of content in Runescape can be done solo. And even raids people are starting to solo. The only thing you can't solo is a couple quests, but you could technically make a second account and use another PC in your house if you wanted to.

Quote Originally Posted by agentsi View Post
    No, not really. Sure there are a lot of single-player quests, but ALL of those MSQs, revolve around doing raids and dungeons. So no, you couldn't do things solo, so no, they don't do it "fine" it's still an MMO at its core. Stop it with the dumb bullshit "gotcha" replies, when you're factually incorrect.
    MSQ doesn't revolve around doing raids lol. All the new dungeons in EW and even in Shadowlands can be done solo with npc's. They're also slowly updating every MSQ dungeon to be done solo with npc's, currently only ARR ones, but they're being updated every patch. POTD and HOH can be solo content. They gonna add another deep dungeon aswell. Also they're adding Island Sanctuary, completely solo content.

For the relic you need Bozja yes, but there's an optional way to do it which includes just grinding fates by yourself.

i havent joined a guild in years and have done all the content released almost in its entirety (no mythic raids).
    i would say i play solo, and simply hunt down the content when i want or need to. while you do end up having to play with others (the horror) you are all but completely detached from any social aspect with them. they are basically npc's imo.

when i first started playing, a decade plus ago, i did the progressive raiding guild thing for several years and its fun but far too time consuming for anyone with a family and life. i would say the game is very friendly (especially last few patches) to people who play 'solo' like me.

with blizzard supposedly trying to get away from weekly mandatory content, will be interesting to see what they replace their solo grind wheel they have had going so far though.

5+ Year Old Account
    They should improve the questing experience so that it's exactly that. It can be played in a group, but should feel just as fun/rewarding solo.

You can make the campaign quests a cakewalk, but lore-master stuff that's extra can have more dynamic challenges/quirks.
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."

WoW has some the weakest solo/casual content on the current mmo market. Really needs a huge improvement.