Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I'm not seeing this hype where is this hype you're talking about? All i see is people mad they are removing LFD from wotlk, pathetic, this proves that people playing classic these days are just bored retail players. They can do Cata whatever, but just saying it will be a spit on the face of the people who made classic a reality.

Quote Originally Posted by Etna-the-Undying View Post
    OK i have to stop you there. This dugeons are NOt hard at all the amount of oh shit buttons we have and the fact that every class can CC and interrupt at that point made them very easy. They are easy than TBC HCs. Sure there is more mechanics to do but tanking healing and ccs are made way easier. They were a joke.

Dude ICC was being pug like crazy anyone you could had done ICC would have find CATA 5HCs to be a joke.

After the nerf they became aoe jerk fests.

- - - Updated - - -

1st patch was ok nice raids and mechanics decent dificult 5 mans
    2nd patch with 2 5man HC ZA/ZG revamped was stupid and we had nothing to do since we were BIS at the time we had no new raid.
    3rd Patch Firelands was decent
    4th Patch DS with mendatory LFR to complete set bonus in a stupid zone with forgetable boss names one of the worst raids i have ever done.

BUT!!!
    No more talent trees.... Fucking LFR..... Nerfing 5mans and making them jerkfests... 2nd patch without a new raid. Fucking paladin combo points that make the class unfun to play.
    I feel like that's a pretty typical breakdown you'd see for most expansions in WoW and some I'd even say have bigger issues that really impact the overall expansion. They can certainly fix most of the issues you listed fairly easily, just like they have been doing for TBC and Wrath Classic. My point is can we really say that Cata doesn't have a place in the Classic remakes when TBC and Wrath Classic exist. Is the hate some people have for Cata really rational when they say there shouldn't be a Cata Classic? I genuinely don't understand where it comes from.

Quote Originally Posted by FAILoZOFF View Post
    Cata or perhaps some kind of spin on classic with bigger changes that SoM?
    They could pull a Zelda and allow branching timelines for new games.
    Perhaps our characters become multiversal travelers next, making "translation" services of characters betwern various games a new major source of income for them.

"Warcraftverse: Multiverse of Madness"
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

Quote Originally Posted by Khain View Post
    They can do Cata whatever, but just saying it will be a spit on the face of the people who made classic a reality.
    Thing is that by the time of Wotlk, they already deviated from Classic quite heavily.

So yeah, that "spit in the face" just the logical contiuation of what they've done since they released TBCC, which is rereleasing expansions in their chronological order.

And who asked for that? certainly not the classic fans.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Popastique View Post

Here you go, enough classic content for years to come.
    I don't know. I feel like wrath was the end of classic. Cata completely changed the world and is no longer "classic" imo
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    I don't know. I feel like wrath was the end of classic. Cata completely changed the world and is no longer "classic" imo
    As if they will stop reusing old content and getting money out of it

10+ Year Old Account
    They could leave SoM to run vanilla over and over so that there will always be classic version to play and continue to "classicfy" other expansions like they seem to be doing with Wrath. I can totally see Cataclysm without dungeon and raid finder since those made Cata mostly "afk in a city waiting for que to pop" expansion and never nerf the dungeons leaving them like they were in Cata launch.

But who knows..
    10700K, 32GB 3200Mhz, RTX 3080 Ti

7+ Year Old Account
    whatever comes after wrath i just hope they freeze the wrath servers. it sucks tat they are getting rid of TBC classic servers. but wrath is teh last expansion taht i really enjoyed and i want to keep a toon there for the remainder iof its life more or less. the only expansion that id be interested in after wrath is mists and even then its not by a lot. ill play wrath for years and years to come. so whatever they do after this i just hope they freeze the wrath classic servers so they can be played moving foreward and make new servers for whatever comes after.
    “Listen, three eyes,” he said, “don’t you try to outweird me, I get stranger things than you free with my breakfast cereal.”

Quote Originally Posted by Viikkis View Post
    They could leave SoM to run vanilla over and over so that there will always be classic version to play and continue to "classicfy" other expansions like they seem to be doing with Wrath. I can totally see Cataclysm without dungeon and raid finder since those made Cata mostly "afk in a city waiting for que to pop" expansion and never nerf the dungeons leaving them like they were in Cata launch.

But who knows..
    I'll be curious to see what they do with the next iteration of SoM and if there's even a TBCC SoM.

I am thinking they will have future seasons cycle through each expansion to completion. So next one might be MC -> Sunwell and the one after Wrath Classic might be MC -> ICC.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Popastique View Post
    As if they will stop reusing old content and getting money out of it
    Something 99% of businesses in any industry do if possible. If you don't like it get away from capitalism.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

10+ Year Old Account
    If at least i had a crystal ball to see the future, but i don't. What i can say is that i came back for wotlk after a huge break, i stoped playing wow precisely in cata, so, totally not interest in replaying that crap.

I admit that the odds point to a cata classic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    I was one of those people, too. I still have a thousand or so posts in the old Classic megathread. My opposition to Classic was that it'd fragment the playerbase and make them actively antagonistic toward one another. I felt like Classic would be better served as a parting gift once they shuttered the retail game because the last thing the game needs is more reasons for its players to hate one another. But... Blizzard clearly disagreed and now that what I predicted has happened, I'm fairly ambivalent towards the effects of fragmenting the playerbase further. (This time it'll be between REAL Classic fans who only play on WotLK and the "casual" Classic fans who dare to want their characters to progress to the next expansion.)
    As delusional as ever. On this episode rabid classic hater and renowned shill tries to pretend he cares about hate between players of classic and retail.
    If people want something really bad like classic in this case his fantastic reasoning is that they should get fucked and only maybe see that "as a parting gift" at the end of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Vorkreist View Post
    As delusional as ever. On this episode rabid classic hater and renowned shill tries to pretend he cares about hate between players of classic and retail.
    If people want something really bad like classic in this case his fantastic reasoning is that they should get fucked and only maybe see that "as a parting gift" at the end of time.
    The earth shattering irony of you quoting a post where I explain why I changed my mind about Classic by accusing me of being a "rabid Classic hater," is on a level that's hard to put into words. Are you still salty about the avatar thing or something?

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Greyvax View Post
    cata classic would have a minor level of interest because the first tier was pretty solid. beyond that it will be 100% dead.

can you imagine re-living the dragon soul patch? lol.

probably the best thing they could do is skip cata, boost everyone to 85 and do MoP classic.
    I can already see the stupid pr happening when the argent tournement launches. Experience the first horde vs alliance raid!!! Move on and prepare for the lich king!!! Epicc!!!

This is gonna be so cringe

Nope, I lived Cata. I did not like it at all and it got me to take a very long break from the game. It was the first xpac where Activision had their fingers into the game and it shows.

- - - Updated - - -

The dungeons weren’t the problem. I don’t even have a big issue with the raids. It was the fulfillment of the LFG and LFR tool, the crap talent system, etc. that ruined it. The I personalization of the game became palpable. Overall it was the first Activision xpac, and it ruined the magic of the previous releases.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by loras View Post
    They could pull a Zelda and allow branching timelines for new games.
    Perhaps our characters become multiversal travelers next, making "translation" services of characters betwern various games a new major source of income for them.

"Warcraftverse: Multiverse of Madness"
    That would require creativity and imagination.

10+ Year Old Account
    I really, really, really hope we get Cataclysm, it's by far my favorite expansion, would love to play it again so much
    • Diablo Immortal is the most misunderstood and underrated game of all time!
    • Blizzard, please, give us some end-game focused Classic servers, where you start at max level!
    • Serious Completionist: 100% OW Achievements, 100% D3 Achievements, 90% Immortal Achievements, 99% ATT Classic, ~90% ATT Retail

The cata heroic dungeons were hard for healers using dungeon finder early in the expansion (I used to main healers). I could keep tanks alive but if dps got in trouble my mana was gone. Ghostcrawler tried for a number of expansions to bring back vanilla style mana regeneration. It did not work. I could do the dungeons easily enough with friends. But doing dungeons through random matching meant I always got the blame - and the problem was often how dps positioned or didnt move or... . I soaked the blame - if as healer you start saying the problem was '...' (ie not your problem) you have a high chance of copping abuse. I did not like cata levelling, my friends quit the game so I had no dungeon team I trusted and who trusted me. The raids were good but my guild mostly left. There's clearly enough people who want cata and a lot who don't. That means cata will probably happen but it won't be that popular.

10+ Year Old Account
    Id rather they do Classic+ tbh. I don't see Cata having a large audience.

- - - Updated - - -

Althought as someone else already said WoW expansions with changes towards the classic philosophy could be interesting. Cata with un nerfed dungeons and raids. Each tier only lasting 5 months.

So classic Cata with modern group finder, no lfr, harder dungeons etc and only lasting around 16 months could be quite fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    My favorite part of Cata was Ghostcrawler saying "Heroics are Hard, learn to play" followed the next morning with "OK We think they're too hard we're nerfing"

On-Topic, I do think Classic will end with WOTLK. Will we see another cycle of Vanilla > BC > LK? Who knows.

I do think that Blizzard should open up the possibility of Classic to Retail transfers for a nominal fee of like 15 bucks a head. Lots and LOTS of money to be made off the people that bought gear in GDKPs
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything