7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Tier.....so delicious

/10chars
    Funny how these seems to be much more liked than current ones, when so many of them are a low features rocks and crystals slapped onto the person. Guess the theme does make the difference, these sets are so much savage and primal than w/e WoD produced.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Yeeee, so fun going into a bloated, 1h+ 5-man dungeon. :v
    Yeah it is. It absolutely is.
    Last edited by enigma77; 2022-07-16 at 08:05 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    I don't like how thick they look.
    In the concept art pretty much every set had a certain sharpness, a certain edge to it, yet the models are all quite dull looking.

The priest shoulderpads look like someone's trying to balance 2 thick logs on each shoulder, instead of the slim, sharp, scythe-like crystal spike in the concept art.
    Last edited by Raetary; 2022-07-16 at 08:13 PM.

Formerly known as Arafal

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by enigma77 View Post
    Yeah it is. It absolutely is.
    I don't think many players nowadays share this feeling. Time moves on, and not many people are willing to spend a 1.5h in a maze-like, quantity-over-quality 5 man dungeon. Current Mega-dungeons work perfectly fine.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    BRD could have been two.
    Yeah you can easily split BRD into FOUR dungeons so Two megadungeons make sense.

- - - Updated - - -

As for the tier, well I don't see me using any. Well I guess we can wait to see how they look on Mythic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dancaris View Post
    Maybe in 1000th time in this thread, but that datamining hits dreams about world rewamp nerve really hard.
    New Fugborgs, gnolls, treants, ships, centaurs, stone giants, lightning lizards, mamoths, dragons (ofc), dryads even rumors about new throne room in Orgrimmar. All that stuff litterally calls for updating old world in future. Thay are even adding revenants, just from wc3!
    And for that - it will be WoW 10expansion, it call to do some big and meaty dlc.
    I feel the same but we have said this so many times I don't dare to hope again. I'm pretty happy with Dragonflight but I would rather have a world revamp for sure.

5+ Year Old Account
    I don't think many players nowadays share this feeling. Time moves on, and not many people are willing to spend a 1.5h in a maze-like, quantity-over-quality 5 man dungeon. Current Mega-dungeons work perfectly fine.
    Then why do they keep making the mega dungeons

It's cool if they want short dungeons as well as long ones, but it's a travesty to turn an iconic, old and huge dungeon into a small one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by boyzma View Post
    Not to change the subject....but. Anyone else notice how the most optimistic bubbly poster on here just disappeared as soon as alpha dropped? Think his last post was something like "enjoy the alpha" and then totally gone. I think it's odd, perhaps he was a Blizzard plant, who knows?
    I mean I'm 99%sure he was.

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    I don't like how thick they look.
    In the concept art pretty much every set had a certain sharpness, a certain edge to it, yet the models are all quite dull looking.

The priest shoulderpads look like someone's trying to balance 2 thick logs on each shoulder, instead of the slim, sharp, scythe-like crystal spike in the concept art.
    While I agree that it makes the set itself look less imposing, I have to wonder whether it's a conscious decision made to make it easier to use individual pieces in other combinations. The sharp and angular rock theme might have ended up looking too distinct next to literally every other set in the game, limiting its usefulness as a source of transmog.

Personally I am just happy finally having more than two sets to play with as a hunter. Though I guess the tradeogg is a lower chance of getting hte individual off-set piece I want for transmog.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

7+ Year Old Account
    Then why do they keep making the mega dungeons

It's cool if they want short dungeons as well as long ones, but it's a travesty to turn an iconic, old and huge dungeon into a small one.
    Because vanilla design is pretty damn obsolete. Convoluted mazes, crappy bosses that literally have 1-2 abilities that are just a copy of a class ability, and such. Revamps modernize them to current standards, update their lore and give them a second life. How many LFG players would not instantly leave Scholomance, if it was still the old version?
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2022-07-16 at 08:43 PM.

Because vanilla design is pretty damn obsolete. Convoluted mazes, crappy bosses that literally have 1-2 abilities that are just a copy of a class ability, and such. Revamps modernize them to current standards, update their lore and give them a second life. How many LFG players would not instantly leave Scholomance, if it was still the old version?
    I would love a new “convoluted” dungeon with modern bosses. The Blackrock Mountain experience would be fantastic if the current development team gave it a shake with the same philosophy.

5+ Year Old Account
    Idk back when I was still leveling characters and got BRD my groups did it no problem.

Big dungeons are epic.

The new Scholo just doesn't have a soul, the old one did.

5+ Year Old Account
    These places were megadungeons of that time. But at that time it meant maze-like dungeons with no maps, quantity over quality bosses/trash, shit mechanics with no counter and general lack of experience in creating PvE content.

Also, tier sets:

Do we know what shows up on the Evoker from the tier sets in dracthyr form?
    I just think Ebonhorn is quite neat.

10+ Year Old Account
    Idk back when I was still leveling characters and got BRD my groups did it no problem.

Big dungeons are epic.

The new Scholo just doesn't have a soul, the old one did.
    An ancedote and not explaining why Scholo has no "soul"

It being big doesn't equate soul.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    An ancedote and not explaining why Scholo has no "soul"

It being big doesn't equate soul.
    yeah kinda hard to describe, but big, sprawling places give me a very different feeling than small, streamlined ones

big, sprawling feels immersive, epic, rpg, iconic, w/e

I prefer them

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimmy17 View Post
    It 100% is going to be planted where that sword is currently
    The quest text implies it will be planted in the "secret place" the daughter of Ysera will know about. As they talk about protecting it until it can take root. Now they could have a giant pot and transport it afterwards but it seems unlikely for a tree that big. So the Sword doesn't seem likely since it isn't hidden or able to be protected. If not the Dragon Isles, since Ysera also says "It has been so long", then I'd guess something to do with the Dream.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by JDBlou View Post
    Shoulders belt and tabard are the slots that are visible for regular transmog.

Herald of the Titans Nightshade711's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JDBlou View Post
    Not exactly

I believe Ion had said something about the Evoker sets being tailored specifically for Dracthyr so more could be visible… but I’m not sure what that means.

Hopefully it could mean something like this

But not exactly this, as the helmet looks a bit different in game
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Chen isn't a Monk

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Forum Man View Post
    I can't wait to see galakrond return as an actual threat
    By the end of the first raid we should have an idea who the expansion end boss will be and I can only assume right now with no extra context that it will be him via infinite stuff.

We are getting a new island expedition style system in a patch and the creation Catalyst system might be sticking around

This is literally a "if fans ran wow" expansion
    How do you know what we are gutting in a patch?

Did someone mention that there are new mantid models? Old gods in the dragon isles?