Quote Originally Posted by JDBlou View Post
    Do we know what shows up on the Evoker from the tier sets in dracthyr form?
    Shoulders and 3D parts of the belt.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    If Teldrassil is planned to come back, I can see it being reimagined to what the original team wanted it but technology was too limited back in those days.
    The verticality might be the reason the seed will be replanted in Dragon Isles. The verticality of the old servers may not be something that is something they can easily touch in a way that would meet the standards of what they can do in Dragon Isles

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Forum Man View Post
    Add in the other time/clock themed weapons and armor
    Wait, there's other clock themed weapons/armor? Time to go transmog diving & find something!

You might well have just given me something to work on in WoW once I finally finish moving into my new place!

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Also, tier sets:

Hmm pretty happy overall though paladin's helm is kinda amusingly bad to me. But I'm content!

Need to see the LFR color though as htat's what i go for. Hope we don't get that fucking green they seem to keep saddling us with.

Quote Originally Posted by KainneAbsolute View Post
    Did someone mention that there are new mantid models? Old gods in the dragon isles?
    There are these mantid-like creatures but I don't believe we know what they are. I saw some say that they're labeled as "primal mantid" but then others said that it was just wowhead guessing.

From what little I've seen they're more crustacean like.

Quote Originally Posted by AngerFork View Post
    Wait, there's other clock themed weapons/armor? Time to go transmog diving & find something!

You might well have just given me something to work on in WoW once I finally finish moving into my new place!
    Off the top of my head, there's the 1h clock mace from Dragon Soul (which hurts me as it is perfect for the Mage tier but Mages don't use maces!), the clockwork shield from DS too. And of course the Mage tier from that. And mages had a version of Aluneth that has a sands of time theme but that was the challenge form.

There's not a lot else to my knowledge.

Would be nice to see the warrior headpiece changed and more lava cracks in the armour

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    I like the DK tier set for the most part, but I think those shoulders need some more work. It would be cooler if they were made like dragon skulls, with just the eyes and teeth having the crystalline effect, IMO.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmicpreds View Post
    The Paladin one is not finished. Keep that in mind.
    Good to know though its the face of the helm that I dislike and I doubt that part's going to change much beyond an effect being added.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    I think they are going again with "1 color per difficulty" unfortunately.
    If only. That would be lovely. Instead we'll have one good-looking set for Mythic in one of the colors, and the other colors will have glows and ornaments removed. That's how it's been since WoD.
    It's why I don't raid current content anymore, why bother when Mythic is the only reward that looks good and unless you poopsock you need to wait for the next level cap to legacy grind it?

If they return to the MoP and before way I might actually raid current content on LFR/Normal/heroic again though.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    How do you know what we are gutting in a patch?
    10.1 underground map
    Mentioned in an interview that we will see a system like torghast and island expeditions
    Mentioned that they see the Catalyst system as a success and helpful for catch up and blp

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by AngerFork View Post

There's a shield and some weapons from dragon soul
    Cloth armor too

The low interest in Dragonflight i see, is really telling.

You even find such posts in Pre purchase thread

Quote Originally Posted by Celement View Post
    No I normally do but 4 dungeons and a raid does not an expansion make for me. I might just wait it out... I want to play wow but it feels like a scam.
    Last edited by SovietBabeyyy; 2022-07-17 at 06:56 AM.

Hunters finally having a good set after like 10 years of pure shit is great to see.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SovietBabeyyy View Post

powerful words

Every one has different a focus in the game. I'm personally fine with only 4 MM+ dungeons amongst the new 8. Shadowlands had a strong game loop, so dragonflight iteration has the potential to be very good. I'm just concerned by raid loot acquisition and upgrade for this new expansion as it was one of Shadowlands bad points.

Other than this, I'm currently very please at what has been shown to us during this alpha and through the various blog posts. I'm really looking forward to seeing more of the profession gameplay and how casual players can enjoy the game through them.

Quote Originally Posted by Skildar View Post
    Every one has different a focus in the game. I'm personally fine with only 4 MM+ dungeons amongst the new 8
    Cringe! Next Expansion you would be fine with 2 Dungeons?…. pretty shocked!

Remember guys: Do not engage and just report.

Anyway:

I am a bit confused by the Evoker rotation. They have two filler spells and both of them don't really do... anything? Azure Strike seems to be an Ice Lance with no actual Fingers of Frost mechanic.

Cringe! Next Expansion you would be fine with 2 Dungeons?…. pretty shocked!
    Not what I said, there is no need to sound the alarm before anything happened and there is no need for childish behaviour as well...
    If you wish to make a projection, don't transform what I'm saying and just base your reflection on your facts and feelings after you've tried and played what they planned for dragonflight season 1. What you're doing is just toxic lack of trust.

What they did with Wrath of the Lich King release raids was mostly copy-pasting with very limited rework. That was a real shame and I'm glad they never tried it again. Here I'm expecting a lot more work to be put into the remake of MoP and WoD dungeons that will make the rotation into DF season 1.

I'll say this about tier. They need to either make tier sets after classes or make tier set after the raid theme. If they have to do both, then they need to interpret the raid theme way more broadly. Once again I see the armor and I cannot immediately tell which set belongs to which class.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I'll say this about tier. They need to either make tier sets after classes or make tier set after the raid theme. If they have to do both, then they need to interpret the raid theme way more broadly. Once again I see the armor and I cannot immediately tell which set belongs to which class.
    It's likely they run out of ideas anyway just trying to push 12+ different sets altogether. Currents tiers have more color and texture than Cata/MoP sets.

We persistently got monk sets with balls all over for 2 expansions, for example.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    Remember guys: Do not engage and just report.

Anyway:

I am a bit confused by the Evoker rotation. They have two filler spells and both of them don't really do... anything? Azure Strike seems to be an Ice Lance with no actual Fingers of Frost mechanic.
    What's to be confused there.

You have Azure Strikes which can hit up to 6 targets with talents, instant on the move and you have Living Flames which is a casted single target heavy nuke, which actually does pretty high damage with talents.

Both of them have chance to proc Essence Burst that stacks to 2 and allows you to cast a spender ability for free.

You will mainly use one or the other depending on spec/circumstance. If you go blue side, you will likely not use Living Flames, if you go red side - you will mostly use Living Flames.

----

The gameplay is pretty smooth either way and structured well.

Blue spec - you have a weak instant filler that cleaves and a strong spender/CDs and it's mostly ST/cleave oriented.
    Red spec - you have a strong casted ST filler and full AoE spender/CDs.

There is also potential mixed spec of mostly Red with some Blue. All of them play very smoothly.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    What's to be confused there.

You have Azure Strikes which can hit up to 6 targets with talents, instant on the move and you have Living Flames which is a casted single target heavy nuke, which actually does pretty high damage with talents.

Both of them have chance to proc Essence Burst that stacks to 2 and allows you to cast a spender ability for free.

You will mainly use one or the other depending on spec/circumstance. If you go blue side, you will likely not use Living Flames, if you go red side - you will mostly use Living Flames.

----

The gameplay is pretty smooth either way and structured well.

Blue spec - you have a weak instant filler that cleaves and a strong spender/CDs and it's mostly ST/cleave oriented.
    Red spec - you have a strong casted ST filler and full AoE spender/CDs.

There is also potential mixed spec of mostly Red with some Blue. All of them play very smoothly.
    The more I see of evoker the further behind my Hunter is falling... Yikes I can't believe after 16 years I'll be moving on from Hunter!

The excitement is real!

I just wish Blizz gave us some form of Benchmark with a Character Creator like FFXIV does for every expansion.