Honest Hype Level Rating

Rate your honest Hype Level

We do not discuss if Dragonflight is

Good
    Bad
    Has content
    Or
    Has no content

This is only subjective and personal Hype Level.

Nobody needs to explain their rating.

It’s enough only to vote.

1-10

Higher = more hype
    Lower = less hype
    Last edited by SovietBabeyyy; 2022-07-17 at 01:31 PM.

need to wait for monk and warrior talents, before i can rate. Overall im "okay" with DF so far.

Personally I'm hopeful.

There is no system that messes up everything. There is nothing big that people are screaming at blizzard to change it like the covenants in SL. My worry is that the lack of screaming is that there is simply nothing to scream at. The amount of content and stuff to do isn't exactly big. Then again, it reminds me of the older expansions (pre legion).

Its going to be fine. *huffs copium*

10+ Year Old Account
    Higher number is more hype? Just asking because your text examples have the positives on top which would be 1 in the numbers list.

Quote Originally Posted by saixilein View Post
    need to wait for monk and warrior talents, before i can rate. Overall im "okay" with DF so far.
    Waiting for warrior as well.

Quote Originally Posted by SovietBabeyyy View Post

Good
    Bad
    Has content
    Or
    Has no content

Faint hype, but distinctly a hype.
    Most significant feature & hype-determinant: Dragonflying looks a bit, ah, limited as of yet. It has potential but it seems like it still needs work and expansion. I am moderately thrilled about its potential, perhaps even its relevance to the main game loop.

The news that pvp ilvls will be evened out is awesome as welk, this greatly emhances pvp replayability and fun, and benefits alts greatly.

I am still hoping that they properly do the rest of the gearing and content relevance as well; dungeons should not be limited in their relevance through m+, battlegrounds should nit be limited in their relevance through rated battlegrounds, and above all they should stop gimping the groupfinders - either remove them or keep them relevant to endgame gearing. If we don't like them then we have other options, but if someone is mad enough to join an autoqueue for a mythic raid - let them.

The talent trees seem pretty good so far, even just the fact that we no longer have to go all over the place to piece together a build byt rather have a comprehensive aporoach again causes me some positivity.

Drac'thyr seem pretty eh. The gameplay could be good, but nothing stands out yet, at most i'm sort of hoping they figure that they can use i.e. the charging mechanic for multiple classes too. As to the customisations: At least they're extensive, it remains to be seen if they're sufficient. I am at least pleased that they went for a distinct visage look to underline that they're not just shapeshifters that randomly decide they can only do one form.

Profession relevance to endgame is good, but i'm not entirely sure on the rest of the system yet. It has potential to be good, to be very good in fact, but there is also the potential for sneaking in exploitative game design. Diablo Immortal is a bad portrend in that sense.

Edit: Forgot the story parts.
    Storywise i am anxious after the trainwrecks of the past two expansions, and while the theming and ingredients seem pretty good i have some nascent worries regarding the use if "yet another" religious extremist take on different opinions amongst the dragons. There are more ways to write such stories, and frankly they are very likely to bring out the worst in the woke. Speaking of: The woke are another major downside risk factor, let's hope they prove to be more than ironically anticonformist conforming yes-men and diversity hires.

Soooo 7/10?

Personal note: Due to health reasons my experience of every emotion is quite dampened, keep that in mind when comparing my experiences to yours, some "translation" may be required.
    Last edited by loras; 2022-07-17 at 01:37 PM.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

Datamined talents for warriors showed no Flurry talent, so hype died down. 5/10

6. I'm mildly hyped, mostly because of Evoker, as the newest healing class.

10+ Year Old Account
    After seeing Evokers, I am pumped. Before I was like 6-7, but now easy 9.

I am playing lock for like 16 years or so and this is the first time I have real urge to switch main. Finally a new ranged class and bloody awesome at that - like before I thought it may or may not be good, but now I see how it looks and all the stuff and it's pure pog.

Quote Originally Posted by Plehnard View Post
    Higher number is more hype? Just asking because your text examples have the positives on top which would be 1 in the numbers list.

Waiting for warrior as well.
    I updated my post please read to rate

6-7 right now, but it might lower as time goes on. I like what I've seen so far, I like Dracthyr more than I expected to, and I'm tentatively interested in talent trees coming back, but nothing has really blown my mind so far.

pvp gear is the same for everyone ? 10/10

Would've been 5-6 until I saw how cool and fast dragon riding looked.

Still think its a bit early to tell. One build, not all classes are playable and 1 zone. But Evoker looks good

A 6-7. Not hyped beyond measure or anything, but Evokers, dragonflight, a more understated story, changes to the endgame, more variety in M+, professions hopefully being engaging now are all good things in my books. I mostly have concerns regarding the talent trees and how quickly the expansion ships.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

8/10.
    Looking forward to the Dracthyr. Not the class so much as I'm not too fond of casters but I can't wait to do their starting zone.
    But mostly I'm looking forward to questing in Azeroth again. I'm getting a very MoP feeling from it, with elements of Kul Tiras and Northrend, and those were among my favorite expansions.
    Meanwhile, back on Azeroth, the overwhelming majority of the orcs languished in internment camps. One Orc had a dream. A dream to reunite the disparate souls trapped under the lock and key of the Alliance. So he raided the internment camps, freeing those orcs that he could, and reached out to a downtrodden tribe of trolls to aid him in rebuilding a Horde where orcs could live free of the humans who defeated them so long ago. That orc's name was... Rend.

Quote Originally Posted by SovietBabeyyy View Post

Good
    Bad
    Has content
    Or
    Has no content

1-10

Higher = more hype
    Lower = less hype
    My vote is based on my experience with Blizzard and WoW the last few years. Don’t get me wrong, per se there is hope that DF could be a rather „focused on the core“ expansion, with focus on „the right things done right“. since it brings not much features by implementing „systems“. but what i see from Blizz the last years tells me, that they just put in less effort, but don’t make it better. instead of a core focused xpac it could end as an even cheaper version of SL. lets call it BfA/SL 3.0. same cheap shit, with even less stuff.

often „less is more“. but in the case of ATVI Blizzard i assume it will be „less is even cheaper“. i no longer trust them for a second. so i assume instead of a „less features, but core stuff done really right on the other side“ expansion, we will get a „less features and still the core stuff done cheap and shitty“, where the trend of „not much content“, recycling and content-stretching continues to a new level. DF easily could be a „SL without covenants and systems“ (not in the good sense).

so, no trust from me and therefore i would vote 3, but i gave them a vote of 4, to give them the benefit of the doubt. my personal hype is 1, because i don’t trust them for a second. i assume rather cheap shit, with even lesser content.
    Last edited by Niwes; 2022-07-17 at 02:24 PM.

Honestly my hype is at like a 6. Enough to be ‘excited’ but not enough to have the feeling of not being able to wait for it to release.

Dracthyr look alright

Nothing I've seen excites me. There's a vague hope maybe something could show up, which is why I don't give it a 1, but otherwise the game is dead to me.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

I voted 5.

I've seen mostly good changes to the games core mechanics.

I've yet to see any promising gameplay(aside from dragonflighting which while cool cannot carry the expansion)

I've seen blizzard going more and more woke which alarms me.

I've also yet to see any actual changes to classes which bums me out

The new class looks awesome.

Solid 5/10 atm which tranlates into not buying it yet for me.

I can afford to be overly hyped because if it sucks it's simply back to eorzea and I lost nothing XD

On a more serious note, the best expansions we had that where also fun at the start where those who focused on content and not silly power systems, so this time it could be something.